Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmartWatch for Golf

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I thought there was a PC app to update the watch but I think you can edit your round there as well.

How big is the watch on your arm? I found the V2 stood up quite a lot off my arm.

v 3 is much smaller and neater than v2

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

You can edit your shots on PC by logging in onto the hub on their website, that’s much easier for editing rounds. For practice shots I pause the tracking, you can find a guide how to do that on their website. It’s a bit annoying but the best solution I’ve discovered so far.

For the mapping of your course, if you drop them an email and ask them to re-map it they’re usually really quick to reply and sort it out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

CSWS101 wrote: »
    You can edit your shots on PC by logging in onto the hub on their website, that’s much easier for editing rounds. For practice shots I pause the tracking, you can find a guide how to do that on their website. It’s a bit annoying but the best solution I’ve discovered so far.

For the mapping of your course, if you drop them an email and ask them to re-map it they’re usually really quick to reply and sort it out for you

Re: mapping the course, I have had to contact them twice over the last year to remap our course....both times, they were back within 48 hours and fixes in place. This time around it was amending incorrect pars on the course, which they did, and retrospectively amended my scorecards this year to reflect the par amends.Great company to deal with.

How much battery is consumed in an 18 hole round on the v3 ? It’s the only weakness of the v2 as far as I am concerned....1 round and done...seriously considering upgrading but would like to know how many rounds you get from the v3 on a single full charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Re: mapping the course, I have had to contact them twice over the last year to remap our course....both times, they were back within 48 hours and fixes in place. This time around it was amending incorrect pars on the course, which they did, and retrospectively amended my scorecards this year to reflect the par amends.Great company to deal with.

How much battery is consumed in an 18 hole round on the v3 ? It’s the only weakness of the v2 as far as I am concerned....1 round and done...seriously considering upgrading but would like to know how many rounds you get from the v3 on a single full charge.

Have played one nine hole and one 18 with mine so far on the first charge, I imagine you would get two full rounds comfortably enough, but that would be it.

Have played one nine hole and one 18 with mine so far on the first charge, I imagine you would get two full rounds comfortably enough, but that would be it.

ive squeezed in two rounds in a day. but only turned it on on the 1st tee both times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Thanks for the real world feedback. I’m very very unlikely to ever need to complete 2 rounds in a day and I don’t wear a watch during the day....I think I’ll stick with the V2 for now.

Thanks for the real world feedback. I’m very very unlikely to ever need to complete 2 rounds in a day and I don’t wear a watch during the day....I think I’ll stick with the V2 for now.

v3 is big improvement imo

smaller and more comfortable on the wrist aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I think the v3 is a horrible watch to wear. Clunky, cheap. Horrible strap that keeps coming undone. It's like a crap plastic watch you won in a vending machine in the ilac centre in the early 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

willabur wrote: »
    I think the v3 is a horrible watch to wear. Clunky, cheap. Horrible strap that keeps coming undone. It's like a crap plastic watch you won in a vending machine in the ilac centre in the early 90s

You wouldn't likeV2 at all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Looking for recommendations for a new GPS watch. I currently have a Garmin X40. I initially liked this as it has cross-over into other fitness stuff - step counter, heart rate etc.
    But I found that I don't really use this stuff and only wear it to play golf.

I also no longer use the shot recording stuff anymore - the data that is uploaded to the app.

What I am looking for is something that, aside from the usual Front, Middle, Back allows you to get the yardage of a point you pick on the course - the corner of a dog-leg, point on a green, for example and is value for money

Appreciate any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/611037

Garmin s10 is their most basic

They have a new Approach S12 for 200 that looks a bit nicer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks for this, but I don't think that either will allow you to manually pick a point of your choosing - like a tree, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭hold my beer

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Thanks for this, but I don't think that either will allow you to manually pick a point of your choosing - like a tree, etc

You'd need a laser for that no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

I've the S20 (which I think is the same) and it will give you distances to bunkers and the occasional other thing. You can also get layup distances and that will give you some guidance to where you're hitting.

But a laser or fancier watch will do it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

blue note wrote: »
    I've the S20 (which I think is the same) and it will give you distances to bunkers and the occasional other thing. You can also get layup distances and that will give you some guidance to where you're hitting.

But a laser or fancier watch will do it better.
    I have the S10 and although I've toyed with getting a more upmarket model, it's the pure simplicity and ease of use of the S10 that's stopped me. Battery lasts forever when you're not playing golf, lasts long enough for two rounds when you are and has all the courses loaded, so never has you caught on the hop. Which I've seen happen with the more expensive ones. I probably will upgrade at some stage, but it will be for similar features tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

BraveDonut wrote: »

If you dont want to go the laser route, you'd probably need to go for a gps unit, rather than watch.

I've the Garmin approach g6, which is a couple of years old, but it does let me pick points on the displayed map and shows distance to that point and distance left from that point to the green.

Let's you move the pin around on the green too

Advertisement