Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone photo backup

Options
  • 27-05-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone knows the answer here.

I currently have an iPhone 6 and I just got a new iphone. I’ve had 200gb family iCloud storage so have the phone backed up every day. I know I can just setup the new phone from backup and off I go but.......
    The iPhone 6 has 20K photos!!!! I don’t want to delete them but I don’t necessarily want them on the new iPhone.
    What’s the best thing to do in this scenario? Or am I best off just restoring the backup in full and keep them on the new phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Would this be the right thing to do?....
    On laptop go to iCloud.com and download all photos and videos to an external hard drive.
    Then in iCloud settings on the phone turn off photo backup and created a new backup without the photos. After it’s done setup the new iphone from the backup with no photos?

Advertisement