Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing call credit with existing credit?

• 27-05-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi, just a quick question regarding topping up on the 3 network. Every month I put €20 into my PAYG phone to get the all you can eat data deal for the month. I have about 50 or 60 euros of call credit accumulated because of this topping up every month. What I'm wondering is, can I use this accumulated call credit to buy a 20 euro all you can eat deal next month, therefore deducting my call credit balance?

Comments

If your topping up every month to get a deal why not go bill pay on a 30day contract ?
    You are essentially on bill pay allready .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hi, just a quick question regarding topping up on the 3 network. Every month I put €20 into my PAYG phone to get the all you can eat data deal for the month. I have about 50 or 60 euros of call credit accumulated because of this topping up every month. What I'm wondering is, can I use this accumulated call credit to buy a 20 euro all you can eat deal next month, therefore deducting my call credit balance?

No, though it would be nice :) Networks would never allow that. They gotta keep the revenue coming in to survive. They don't care what you do with your credit as long as they get their 20 quid a month.

If it's Three you can use your credit to purchase apps, books, movies, music etc..

Alternatively you can donate to charity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There's a 500MB add on for 4.99
    There's also the option to use an app such as Yolla to make VOIP calls. Yolla credit can be bought with Three credit (in theory, some are having difficulties with carrier billing at present).

There's a thread about options to use up phone credit...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057869861

Advertisement