If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" TV

Options
  • 27-05-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for a 65 inch TV

Will mainly be used for watching sky , connecting a firestick and playing playstation etc.

I've had a look on the website and theres a few there but not sure which one would be the best . Budget 650.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi

Will mainly be used for watching sky , connecting a firestick and playing playstation etc.

I've had a look on the website and theres a few there but not sure which one would be the best . Budget 650.

Thanks
    Hi applejunke,

If I were to recommend a good 65" TV around that budget I would recommend the Philips 65PUS6754 at 679 euro. It has a local dimming panel and also supports Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG formats!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

Hi

Thanks
    Hi applejunke,

If I were to recommend a good 65" TV around that budget I would recommend the Philips 65PUS6754 at 679 euro. It has a local dimming panel and also supports Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG formats!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the recommendation David.

I'm just not mad about the ambilight and the tv wont be hung on the wall anyway .

Theres a Samsung and an LG there for 649 and 599.

Which one of those would you reccomend?
    I

Hi

Thanks
    Hi applejunke,

Kind regards

David

I'm just not mad about the ambilight and the tv wont be hung on the wall anyway .

I
    Hi applejunkie,

You can switch the ambilight off if you don;t want to use it but the micro dimming panel is what sets the Philips apart in terms of picture quality!

The next best one would be the new LG 65UM7050 at £599 which has a great panel and the best smart hub out of the three!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204660-lg-65um7050pla-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi

Thanks
    Hi applejunke,

Kind regards

David

I
    Hi applejunkie,

You can switch the ambilight off if you don;t want to use it but the micro dimming panel is what sets the Philips apart in terms of picture quality!

The next best one would be the new LG 65UM7050 at £599 which has a great panel and the best smart hub out of the three!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204660-lg-65um7050pla-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    I actually think im going to go with the Philips one.

the picture quality is more important and if the ambilight can be turned off then it seems to be a better TV

I've just ordered it there online .

Thanks for the advice 

• Advertisement

I've just ordered it there online .

Thanks for the advice 
    Cheer for the Order AppleJunkie :D

We will get this processed ASAP for you.

Monday is a bank holiday in the South Or Ireland but once the order arrives into our couriers sorting depot theey will text you with your tracking detials.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.