Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming suggestions

Options
  • 27-05-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hello hello! I'm looking for a game recommendation. The game is to suit a 5yo and an (almost) 8yo. They like platform games, but prefer the instant reincarnation ones, not the ones with lives.

Pikuniku was a huge hit. Hollow Knight was too hard.
    Animal Crossing is popular too.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Have you already picked up Rayman Legends? Great platformer and can vouch for the co-op being very fun. Instant restarts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Super mario bros delexe for platforming and local 2 to 4 player.
    But i think the big hit would be super mario maker 2 they can make levels and play them them. There is co op and and practicality unlimted levels to play as people make and upload their own levels to the internet for everone to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Rayman legends
    yooka-laylee and the impossible lair
    Unravel two
    Mario maker 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thank you! Rayman Legends is a great suggestion (I may have to jump in on that myself!)

Unravel 2 was already a big hit here on the PS4.
    Super Mario Bros less so, but I can see Maker being loved.

The kids will be over the moon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just double check whether you need a Nintendo Online subscription to download the Mario Maker 2 levels (if you don't already have one of course).

All great game suggestions above. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Also, Ori and the blind forest has a slow start but is an absolute blast. Maybe too much for a 5 year old ...

And, not 2d but with lots of 2d parts ... Mario Odyssey ... I feel sorry for the kids/adults who never get to experience this and are stuck with FIFA/fortnight/Netflix :) It's absolute joy from beginning to end. Really, on any medium.

Just re read original post .. no mention of 2d ... Just platforming ... So ... Just get this game already :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I've downloaded a few demos for now and will save the Mario Maker for whenever the fascination with Animal Planet starts to wane :)

Advertisement