Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

First looks fine to me, they've similar characteristics, the first being bigger obviously and slightly faster. The Switch branding will always bump up the price. I think the Switch's (theoretical) limit is 2TB cards but once you go above 256GB the price ramps up.

Anyone with more knowledge want to weigh in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Don't waste money on switch branded ones! You'll never see them once in the switch.

Class 10 is as fast as switch can go AFAIK

Edit ... This is what I got, currently 18 stg.

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

nintendoo wrote: »
    Don't waste money on switch branded ones! You'll never see them once in the switch.

Class 10 is as fast as switch can go AFAIK

Edit ... This is what I got, currently 18 stg.

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM/

That’s brilliant thanks so much!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah this thread disappointed! I thought you forgot what day it is or something like that. :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

That’s brilliant thanks so much!

Also, 128 is probably enough unless you have time to juggle loads of games at once or are going totally digital. Plus you can have multiple cards AFAIK. Game state is stored on the switch ... unless you find a bargain ...

Think you are best to stay with known brands like Sandisk or Samsung ...

But I bet there are a few people frowning reading this and thinking you're going to need 1 TB. :) Ignore them, they just like to collect stuff :):)

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah this thread disappointed! I thought you forgot what day it is or something like that. :P :P

:P

nintendoo wrote: »
    Also, 128 is probably enough unless you have time to juggle loads of games at once or are going totally digital. Plus you can have multiple cards AFAIK. Game state is stored on the switch ... unless you find a bargain ...

Think you are best to stay with known brands like Sandisk or Samsung ...

But I bet there are a few people frowning reading this and thinking you're going to need 1 TB. :) Ignore them, they just like to collect stuff :):)

Perfect thanks. I’ll order the one you recommended. :)

Advertisement