Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webcam recommendations

Options
  • 27-05-2020 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Looking for cheap webcam 30-45 euro - any recommendations on amazon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Logitech C270 is my favorite, that's also what the Las Vegas shooter used ;) but I might be getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

rightmove wrote: »
    Looking for cheap webcam 30-45 euro - any recommendations on amazon?

China
    https://bokehill.ltd/products/1080p-rotatable-2-0-hd-webcam-digital-usb-camera-video-recording-new

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mrtom wrote: »

"True HD in 640*480p" ..... really?

"Waterproof Metal 2TB Mini USB Flash Drive €43.61 €8.89" --- A scam IMO.

Not somewhere I would buy from ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Received the Logitech c270 from Amazon UK last week. Had ordered it about 7 weeks ago. They might have cleared some of the backlog now though. Decent webcam, it does the job and is pretty much plug and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

had ordered before I got the recommendations. the outer amazon box was well beaten up. The webcam would not be recognised by the OS. Tried a few PC's,,,eventually it was picked up and if I moved the camera even by an inch it would go back to undetected. presume its usb cable is defective or the connection to the webcam :(

anyone with experience of getting a replacement from amazon or the vendor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

rightmove wrote: »
    had ordered before I got the recommendations. the outer amazon box was well beaten up. The webcam would not be recognised by the OS. Tried a few PC's,,,eventually it was picked up and if I moved the camera even by an inch it would go back to undetected. presume its usb cable is defective or the connection to the webcam :(

anyone with experience of getting a replacement from amazon or the vendor?

Amazon are great ...... just seek out their returns section (which I found difficult to locate) and things go smoothly from there, particularly if they sold the device.

Advertisement