Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric sockets

Options
  • 27-05-2020 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Hi I changed two sockets today in front room all went well but now there's no power in sockets in hallway. They are on different walls not connected to sockets I changed. There no switch down in fuse box either. Any one have any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Felexicon

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hi I changed two sockets today in front room all went well but now there's no power in sockets in hallway. They are on different walls not connected to sockets I changed. There no switch down in fuse box either. Any one have any ideas please

I'd say all did not go well.

If you don't know what you're at get a REC in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you don't know what you are doing get a RECI in, you got a loose wire somewhere and that could be fatal.

Safely isolate the power to all sockets

Open up those you replaced, and recheck and tighten all connections, put the socket back on the wall, take it off again and retighten

I'd wager a conductor has slipped out

Advertisement