Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour cost for laying roughly 150 red bricks

Options
  • 27-05-2020 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Pretty simple design
    3 walls about 10 x 5 bricks and an arch at the front of the square structure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Im not sure of the rates in Galway but would assume 160-200 ex vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Pretty simple design
    3 walls about 10 x 5 bricks and an arch at the front of the square structure

So you want 50 bricks layed ?
    Its 10 bricks high and 5 bricks long?
    Three walls like that and an arch?
    I think you are building a barbecue but its hard to follow what you mean really, more information needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

O.A.P wrote: »
    So you want 50 bricks layed ?
    Its 10 bricks high and 5 bricks long?
    Three walls like that and an arch?
    I think you are building a barbecue but its hard to follow what you mean really, more information needed.

Not a barbecue but similar, 60 bricks per side I've estimated with the front pretty much open bar the arch at the top if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Ok I'm a chippy not a bricky with almost 35 years experience .
    A one off job every thing there just lay the 180 bricks 200 euro. If the arch is already formed in ply or timber and just build over it then maybe 50 more.
    Block layers might laugh at that now but I think that's as cheap you will get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I'd say you'd be looking at more like €500 at least as it is a tiny job and if a brickie is going to be doing that kind of mickey mouse job then they'd want it to be worth their while as they would normally be on a big job laying hundreds or thousands of bricks a day. Doing a small job costs time out of a big job and is more hassle than it is worth unless the rates are really good. They'd nearly want to be gold bricks they're laying if they had to take a half day off of their normal projects to do it.

A lot of fellas probably would not take it on even at that money and quantities. They'd say it wouldn't be worth their while getting out of bed or starting the van for 150 bricks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement