Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Laptop Occasionally won't boot

• 27-05-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I have a Lenovo G500 windows 10 which will not always boot up. Sometimes just a blank screen, no Lenovo splash screen. Also it won't boot in safe mode. When it does decide to boot up I can use it perfectly well with no issues. I've defrag the disk, optimized the disk and scanned for viruses also with no problems. I've also run the Lenovo hardware scans with no problems.

Anyone got any suggestions how I can get into it and when I am in there what remedial action to take. All suggestions welcome. Thank you

Comments

check for a bios update or downgrade the bios one version

if that doesn't sort it then reinstall windows

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

BIOS is dated 2013, I've no windows disks, none supplied with PC originally Win 8 which I upgraded online to win 10

Does windows recovery delete files from onedrive

the lenovo splash screen is part of the bios

if you are not seeing that when there is an issue then it's a bios issue, not windows

you can find bios downloads from the manufacturer support pages on the net

could be the bios storage is having issues - no real solution to that

Thank you glasso, i've found the download on Lenovo site, so I'll give that a try

• Advertisement

you could try an update or even go back one version they put in the latest version again.

hard to say what is happening exactly but would seem like the bios is for some reason not loading correctly at times.

re-loading it could help...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Remove battery and power cable. Press and hold power button for a minute.

Reseat the memory.

If it beeps
    Hardware Maintenance Manual - Lenovo G400, G500, G405, G505, G410, G510
    https://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/solutions/um018384

Check the HDD is OK too,

Advertisement