Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Biodiversity strategy 2030

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you honestly believe that the leadership of FG or Michael Martin etc had even the slightest problem with this, I don't know what to say .

FG and FF are no longer interested in agriculture or farming, haven't been for years, arguably 20 years plus.

The Greens are pleased with these things but the 2 big parties are as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭alps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Another take on it

https://x.com/copacogeca/status/1803354668409536592?s=46

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ginger22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

In the EUs eyes, it's a done deal. They say she voted as a representative of Austria and local/national politics is a local/national problem and not an EU one. They are right there. However, the law may get delayed if a case is brought to the ECJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

farmersjournal.ie/news/news/fresh-concern-over-rewetting-targets-for-irish-farmland-828328

If there's anyway to put the boot into farmers then officialdom will do so. Any way at all. And all the politicians assuring this was all covered by Bord na Mona land and then it changed.

Putin is laughing at his european environmentalists closing down the nuclear power stations and now closing down the farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Jonnyc135

I've lost all hope at this stage, if they dont get the "voluntary" wording written into the Irish law adoption for the NRL, then we are well and truly fucked.

Deep down I want to believe it will happen but even the way the politicians from FG and FF are answering questions regarding this on mainstream debates tells me all I need to know.

They keep saying its voluntary, then when asked for that in writing they say it is writing and stated by the minister in the Dail. So basically saying that we should trust the statement of a politician just because it was said in the dail. It they really believed what they were saying they would come out and guarantee that it will be voluntary by it being written and enshrined in the NRL for Ireland - but they never say this. If they think polarisation is bad now, wait till they actually go after peoples private property - there will be alot more unrest than just dublin city centre and coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ginger22

You would wonder what is the agenda by the EPA. Trying to blame farming for all water quality issues. The reality is livestock numbers static for the past 25 years and fertilizer use is down 30%. On the other hand the human population has gone from 3 million to 5.5 million in the same time period. Waste water treatment hasn't kept pace. Most fish kills and boil water restrictions are a result of urban waste. EPA government quango trying to cover up for another government quango Irish Water.

Advertisement