Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best panniers for commuting by bicycle to work

Options
  • 27-05-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

What are peoples recommendations on panniers for commuting to work?
    I will be cycling 40 - 50 min journey, in Cork so much wetter than Dublin. Needs to be fully waterproof.
    Will be carrying change of clothes, shower gear, lunch gear, and frequently a laptop.
    A lot of products out there and alot of reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Ortlieb panniers are highly recommended. I tried other brands but they fell apart within 9 months. The Ortlieb have been in use for over a year and don't show any sign of use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I use Vaude Aqua back panniers and they are very solid. Use for commuting and shopping. Tough and waterproof. Using them for a year with limited signs of wear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cionn wrote: »
    Ortlieb panniers are highly recommended. I tried other brands but they fell apart within 9 months. The Ortlieb have been in use for over a year and don't show any sign of use

Have these and they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Ortlieb are pretty bulletproof (well waterproof at least!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If you can find them, the older altura dryline ones are also excellent and will last a bloody age

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ortlieb here also. Little bit inconvenient mine don't have an outside pocket. But otherwise brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

My Ortlieb are nigh on 10 years old now. Working great.
    One bit of advice, I got the "front" size and only use one commuting, the "rear" is bigger but unnecessary for my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Ortlieb

Advertisement