Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice on my son

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I have no problem with you missing what I said ten days ago.

It puts your advice and the tone of voice you delivered it in, into perspective though.

I'm not ignoring what you said two days ago. At the moment, I am not able to specifically search your posts on the thread as I normally would, due to some search issues with the site -

Whatever that means.

You can still click the little arrow beside our names in the quote boxes, that will quickly bring you back to my earlier post to skooterblue2. Or you could just scroll up a bit, its only 20 posts ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Not making any assumption that he has or hasn't anything. That's your construction.

You can find parallels between school, work, and employment if you want to.

The value of the parallel is limited.

Otherwise, people would easily transition from one to the other.

In the real world, many employers, managers, and older co-workers find quite the opposite.

That is the fact of the matter.

You are making assumptions, otherwise you wouldn't be claiming that the OPs son needs to learn these skills.

Some people cannot transfer between school and employment easily. But some people can. And some people cannot even transfer between one type of schooling to another (and likewise for one type of employment to another). It's all down to the person. That is the reality. That is why e.g. the likes of Lidl and Aldi specifically advertise for university science graduates for their store management positions. The transferable personal skills gained as a science graduate are well suited for such management positions, any personal difficulty is changing to that environment is just that - personal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

[MOD]

Lefty Bicek, Mark Hamill

This thread doesn't have much purpose to anyone if it becomes about either of ye going back and forth with each other. It's rather distracting. Please keep to the topic.

Advertisement