Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I contacted them for the 3rd time about slow delivery. I told them I wanted to cancel prime membership because it has gone to crap.
    They then gave me 1 years free Prime on the spot.
    Pays to complain I guess. Its still gone to crap though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Careful too ordering from another euro Amazon. I selected prime, as I'm a prime member on .co.uk for an item from Amazon Germany. Was checking my May bank statement, prime.de. 7.99. Contacted them, said system error, apologies. Same error in April when I ordered an item and was refunded with the same apology.

So keep any eye on your account if ordering outside co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Hoboo wrote: »
    Careful too ordering from another euro Amazon. I selected prime, as I'm a prime member on .co.uk for an item from Amazon Germany. Was checking my May bank statement, prime.de. 7.99. Contacted them, said system error, apologies. Same error in April when I ordered an item and was refunded with the same apology.

So keep any eye on your account if ordering outside co.uk

I suspect you are accidentally signing yourself up at the checkout. It can happen, especially when the page is in German or French.

Ordering something today. selected irish address, due 2nd july
    Selected PM, due friday

Bit of a gap.
    ordered something last week and it's 10 days expected delivery with prime. maybe i should complain as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Spoke with Amazon today noting my concerns and they said that shipping to Ireland would be revised to fastest methods from July 1st.

So fingers crossed but we'll wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Spoke with Amazon today noting my concerns and they said that shipping to Ireland would be revised to fastest methods from July 1st.

Any excuse?

Any excuse?

Nope. Just appreciated my concern, apologised, looked into it and confirmed it'll be back to usual. No excuse or explanation unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Nope. Just appreciated my concern, apologised, looked into it and confirmed it'll be back to usual. No excuse or explanation unfortunately.

You forgot to mention that they 'reassured' you.

Its hilarious when you correlate the canned responses they give you to the questionnaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

You can't believe a word they say. One spent ages supposedly getting an answer from a supervisory and eventually came back and told me it was my fault for not choosing Priority Delivery, that's the problem that option has been missing for the last 2 or more months.

Will just have to wait and see I guess when July comes around. Don't have huge hopes but who knows.

• Advertisement

GinSoaked wrote: »
    You can't believe a word they say. One spent ages supposedly getting an answer from a supervisory and eventually came back and told me it was my fault for not choosing Priority Delivery, that's the problem that option has been missing for the last 2 or more months.

Priority delivery is still there and has been for some time. Just the delivery date is muck as you've pointed out.

Just ordered something now that had been 10-11 day delivery with Prime now its down to 7 days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Priority delivery is still there and has been for some time. Just the delivery date is muck as you've pointed out.

Priority delivery as a selectable choice had been removed for quite some time, it’s only been added back in the last fortnight or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Hoboo wrote:

Prime membership on amazon.de is separate to the UK membership. You may have signed up by accident, it's very easy to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Regarding the OPs complaint.

Looks like people are not aware that they are using amazon.co.uk. It's foreign Amazon servicing another foreign country. It's like an Austrian complaining that Amazon.de is slower to deliver to Austria than to Germany.

I understand that the issue is that Amazon UK say in Prime Benefits section
    Unlimited Two-Day Delivery to Ireland
    They caught themselves in their own trap, so everyone in Ireland can challenge it.

Just had a look at Amazon DE and they have two tables in Prime Benefits - one for Germany which is 1-2 day delivery and one for Austria which is 2-3 day delivery, plus slightly different prices of some sundries.

I expect this going to happen with Amazon UK where they will use different level of service for Ireland. Well and then after the UK finish Brexit transition period (1 January 2021) this will only get worse, there's likely going to be VAT, custom duties issues etc and Amazon UK will be unusable IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

McGiver wrote: »

Looks like people are not aware that they are using amazon.co.uk. It's foreign Amazon servicing another foreign country. It's like an Austrian complaining that Amazon.de is slower to deliver to Austria than to Germany.

They caught themselves in their own trap, so everyone in Ireland can challenge it.

Just had a look at Amazon DE and they have two tables in Prime Benefits - one for Germany which is 1-2 day delivery and one for Austria which is 2-3 day delivery, plus slightly different prices of some sundries.

I expect this going to happen with Amazon UK where they will use different level of service for Ireland. Well and then after the UK finish Brexit transition period (1 January 2021) this will only get worse, there's likely going to be VAT, custom duties issues etc and Amazon UK will be unusable IMHO.

Just keep complaining to them about it.
    Thats what I did. And I got a year free. Had to actually go through the mnotions of cancelling though. And I was prepared to cancel it too.

WOW, that order I made last night is on its way "Package has shipped" with An Post tracking number this morning.

Anyone else think we may be back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

WOW, that order I made last night is on its way "Package has shipped" with An Post tracking number this morning.

I still get an expected delivery date for 1.5 week away, however my packages seems to be delivered in 4-5 days so definitely an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Dispatch is taking a week at least, with shipping at least another week, if it's an post tracking it only tracks to the Dublin hub,and takes 2 to 3 days to real delivery.(standard delivery)

horse7 wrote: »
    Dispatch is taking a week at least, with shipping at least another week, if it's an post tracking it only tracks to the Dublin hub,and takes 2 to 3 days to real delivery.(standard delivery)

Not for me, An Post tracks to my local An Post depot 30 miles away. If its scanned as out for delivery at around 0745 I know its going to be delivered by 1300.

That said the An Post side of things has been a bit flaky recently as I normally check around now (0930) each day and have seen nothing has made it to the local depot only to have the postman deliver later that day. Of course when I check back every things back up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

That's great,I can only account for Dublin delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭listermint

nope stuff still comes up in JULY for ireland and for NI its next day delivery. I just bought an expensive cordless tool, shipped within a few hours to NI. was listed as July 6th to Ireland

Ordered something last week with a delivery date of Tuesday 30th. It was sent yesterday and is now out for delivery. So it's definitely improving on two of my orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ordered something last week with a delivery date of Tuesday 30th. It was sent yesterday and is now out for delivery. So it's definitely improving on two of my orders.

Yeah I just got my order from the 18th that was due next Monday

McGiver wrote: »

Thanks for your input. Really insightful.

I know I am shopping on Amazon.co.UK as you helpfully highlighted.

I suspect you didn't read my post or any other post in this thread to understand what we are complaining about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Anyone experiencing delays of as long as three weeks? I actually ordered from ebay but it seems similar problems are being encountered.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing delays of as long as three weeks? I actually ordered from ebay but it seems similar problems are being encountered.

Yes, pretty much. Generally 2-3 weeks though some people are now reporting quicker times.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Yes, pretty much. Generally 2-3 weeks though some people are now reporting quicker times.

Item I was reporting as being quick to dispatch seems to be coming form Germany (ordered from Amazon.co.uk) :confused:

Delivery By An Post
    Tracking ID: AY*********IE

Thursday, 25 June

3:24 PM Package departed an Amazon facility Garbsen, Hannover DE

11:17 AM Package arrived at an Amazon facility Garbsen, Hannover DE

Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

...further suggests the issue is Amazon UK's capacity to get stuff to Ireland and NOT any issue with An Post

If it was An Post, they'd be screaming from the rooftops and blaming them in customer service replies, not being wishy washy about everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Item I was reporting as being quick to dispatch seems to be coming form Germany (ordered from Amazon.co.uk) :confused:

Amazon frequently ship items from other European fulfillment centres. I've had items that have come from Poland and Spain as well as Germany recently.

Advertisement