Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow warning

Options
  • 28-05-2020 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Got a yellow warning for this

User posted
    If there was a need for a roundabout in this thread how many roundabouts would we need

I replied:
    Ask ur ma

Was told its uncivil

MOD beasty told me to go here to dispute it after getting nowhere with him.

I am appealing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Apologies on this. I didn't see your post 3 days ago for some reason.

In the first instance can you forward to me (or post here) the pm exchange you had with the mod that infracted you.

Also please clarify the basis of your appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for the pms. Will look at it now.

So to clarify, as per your PM conversation, this was actually a serious request 'To ask the user to get an answer from his ma'?

Card upheld. Please advise if you want to appeal to an admin. To be fair it will not be the admin that issued the card in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    So to clarify, as per your PM conversation, this was actually a serious request 'To ask the user to get an answer from his ma'?

Card upheld. Please advise if you want to appeal to an admin. To be fair it will not be the admin that issued the card in the first place.

I will appeal. The post was said in jest not to be taken literally which clearly its seems to be the case by some.

Tasfasdf - I'll try to get to your appeal today.

Afternoon Tasfasdf,

I took a look at the post in question, the lead-up to it and the PM exchange that followed. Both the post that gained you the yellow card and the PM exchange that followed was unhelpful to say the least.

Current Affairs forum (and subforum) is as you can imagine, a hotbed these days due to current events, and the ongoing pandemic, and despite a ridiculous amount of requests from mods to post on topic, quit the sniping, quit the one-liners etc. it never seems to end. You might think that your post isn't an issue, but from a mods perspective it is - it's one more thing that the mods have to deal with, and in a thread that already had umpteen mod warnings for posters to cop on, it was unnecessary.

For the most part, if a poster engages with the mod team afterwards to state that they got carried away, or the conversation got silly or out of hand, they will happily consider overturning a card. Rather than do that though, you engaged in silly rules lawyering of "prove 'ask your ma' is uncivil" and trying to claim that you were genuinely asking the user to get an answer from his ma, where a simple "my bad, I crossed the line" would likely have resulted in the card being lifted.

Yellow card upheld, and consider not making even more work fro the mod team in an already busy forum in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement