Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yikes, no bikes!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

godtabh wrote: »
    I was in cycle super store yesterday buying two bikes. Was told there were 400 bikes ahead of me and would take 2 weeks to build

I ordered one online from them at the end of April, luckily it was delivered within a few days. Gears were indexed, bike lubed so all I had to do was pedals, wheels and bars. Got in before the madness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hurrache wrote: »
    I ordered one online from them at the end of April, luckily it was delivered within a few days. Gears were indexed, bike lubed so all I had to do was pedals, wheels and bars. Got in before the madness.

its 2 kids bikes so hopefully dont have to worry about pedals!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Just bought this bike from the giant store on long mile road.

http://www.giant-dublin.ie/ie/roam-4-disc

Last one they had in stock of that model. On their website it said they were sold out but I just popped in to see can you preorder one :)
    Might be worth a shot if others are looking, the guy said they got a big consignment in a few days ago, although most have probably already been sold.

For the same bike I rang up pennyFarthingCycles and was told that bike wouldn't be back in until the end of July at the earliest. Supercycle store had nothing unless you had about 2k to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Got the glorious email from cycle super store on Tuesday saying my new bike was shipped via gls.

No sign of bike yesterday and got the dreaded email from fastway this morning saying they are doing the delivery so wonder when I'll see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Grab the popcorn, it could be a long and anxious wait :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Grab the popcorn, it could be a long and anxious wait :pac:

Actually arrived at 5 yesterday evening! Although no pedals in box even though bike spec stated pedals included, nothing is ever easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

L1011 wrote: »
    I dumped my rusted-to-****e mountain last summer and intended to get a new one this summer - for rare leisure only use. Last one was ~240 from Halfords and I wouldn't want to spend more than ~300. I'm quite tall.

I'm going to have to get total junk or nothing, right? Or wait til next year.

Go 2nd hand??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jonwin

came across this site, rossa cycle co dublin anyone tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

FT reporting a worldwide bike shortage due to the lockdown with long wait times in lot of countries. Anyone know if this is affecting Ireland yet?

I was going to get a new bike in the cycle to work scheme in August.

US and UK affected, there's a few stories in it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-53023552

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lots of shops have managed to restock somewhat, but best bet is simply to call in and ask what sort of lead time there is on the bike you're interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Seems there's still a shortage? Have been off a bike for a couple of years now and the thought about buying one the last couple of days, doesn't seem to be many options around the 1-1.5k mark. Was in Halfords today (for non bike reasons) and their bike section was practically empty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if that's your budget, halfords is not the place i'd be shopping in.

Agreed, I was eyeing up one of the new Orbea Avant bikes in the last few days at the upper end of that budget and I'm sorely tempted assuming they are readily available. I'm still birthday bike shopping weeks after the event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

When do the 2021 ranges start appearing roughly? Giant Defy in particular...

Thargor wrote: »
    When do the 2021 ranges start appearing roughly? Giant Defy in particular...

Tis that time of year already https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/defy-advanced-1-2021

Trek have some of their range known too but who knows when these will be in shops in the times we find ourselves in

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

My LBS had a 2021 Trek demo fleet in last week. Haven't been in there with a while so dont know about stock and availability

Advertisement