Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone mad Green party types

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

jimgoose wrote: »
    Eamon has his foot-in-mouth moments, but he actually has a point about wolves - their destruction is the reason for the annual deer-cull, for example. WOlves get a lot of bad press, very little of it justified.

Well as Eamon said, we would need to have some kind of wilderness first, which at the moment isn't really possible due to the whole country being farmland, a disaster for biodiversity.
    Belgium and Holland have resident wolves now, far more densely populated than here, but there are forest corridors there, something we'd need to get going here too. My friend lives in Arnhem and there are wild boar in the woods near his house. The UK has reintroduced beavers and wild boars there. I find it a damn shame we've nothing resembling wilderness here, even the Magillacuddy Reeks were covered in sheep last year when I was going up Carrauntoohil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

More crazy than a party that has a leader who wants to reintroduce wolves and who made this speech in the Dáil?
    https://www.independent.ie/videos/well-have-our-salads-ready-to-go-eamon-ryan-proposes-public-grow-their-own-food-39060433.html

Well, the jokes on you - Eamon was right, I now have my salad - and can tell you it's been feckin' lovely eating it with my lunches every day.

And what's wrong with this ambition? They can do it in many other European countries. Do you want every inch of Ireland to be a farm or sitka spruce farm?
    How cool would it be if we had real forests here heaving with wildlife. Should be something we strive towards instead of trying to make money out of every square inch of the island.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Well, the jokes on you - Eamon was right, I now have my salad - and can tell you it's been feckin' lovely eating it with my lunches every day.

I have tomatoes chillies and strawberries growing in my porch, sh*tloads of them, thanks Eamo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

There's a major split in the Greens coming I feel. You have Ryan and his older branch that care for the environment and they will form a government with anybody to try and sort through the issues sensibly. They will try to find innovative ways at dealing with the crisis.

The other branch lead by Saorise MC Hugh is basically PBP/Solidarity/RISE for vegans. Their policies are basically free everything for everyone. Except those who work......

• Advertisement
Advertisement