Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New eir efibre and cant change the LAN IP address

• 28-05-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi got new fibre broadband installed today in an office but I need to change the LAN IP address of the router to match our network.
    Its currently on 192.168.1.254 but when I log in to the router and change the IP address to 192.168.6.254 it says its successful but doesnt update.
    Normally routers reboot when you change settings but this one doesnt seem to.
    It resets back to the default.
    Anyone know whats going wrong.

I have lots of devices with 192.168.6.xxx ips so cant change them all to192.168.1.xxx to match the router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This was an issue with an older model, not possible to change in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

I dont believe it.

There are 20 devices in the office on different IP range.

Im not even at the office so its a bit of a mess.

How is this acceptable ?

Would bridging help to another Router with NAT ?

Or have I to change all devices in the office ?

The router installed was Sagemcom CS50001

I can't be sure but I think it was the F1000 before, the Sagecom would be a few generations newer. As IPTV is bounced through the CPE it could be a lazy implementation of STB control. Or just general trash fw.

It's acceptable because people who care use their own kit and people who don't use the ISP provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Eventually got onto Eir Tech Support.
    He pushed a firmware update to the modem and got a senior guy to have a look.
    They changed what I needed.
    Dont know if it was the firmware or extra permissions from the senior engineer but its sorted know.

Saved me driving and hours of changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Niallthebomb

I don't suppose you still have the firmware file? Experiencing the same problem and I know from previous calls it's going to take 40-60 minutes (minimum) to get through to the stellar Eir support service.

Advertisement