Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling on paths and other cycling issues (updated title)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

meeeeh wrote: »
    Any luck figuring out what future tense actually means. When I see something I'll update you but my life is not spent looking for pictures to moan about. Andrew could do that for you.

BTW time to change the record insults are getting a bit repetitive.
    No need for the temper tantrum, stop posting nonsense and lies and you won't have these problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

SeanW wrote: »
    Firstly, anyone going fast enough in an urban area to flip their car in a collision should not be on the road.
    as per 07LaPierre's video, it's actually easier to flip a car than you'd think. here's one from kimmage road from a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Thargor wrote: »
    No need for the temper tantrum, stop posting nonsense and lies and you won't have these problems.

That doesn't count as any more original.

That doesn't count as any more original.
    What? :confused:

What? :confused:

Original insults. You are really not very good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

as per 07LaPierre's video, it's actually easier to flip a car than you'd think. here's one from kimmage road from a couple of years ago.

That must be fake! No cyclist involved, its in daylight, low speed, nah...impossible! :D

Original insults. You are really not very good at it.
    What are you rambling on about now? I'm correcting your lies and nonsense about cyclists complaining about all the cyclists on the road, I don't give a sh1t if you're triggered or insulted, report the post if you have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

07Lapierre wrote: »
    That must be fake! No cyclist involved, its in daylight, low speed, nah...impossible! :D

Ah but no hi-viz on that parked car so he couldn't have been expected to see it.

What are you rambling on about now? I'm correcting your lies and nonsense about cyclists complaining about all the cyclists on the road, I don't give a sh1t if you're triggered or insulted, report the post if you have a problem with it.

There is a bit of froth coming out from the side of your mouth.

(And before anyone complains this thread probably wasn't on topic ever).

There is a bit of froth coming out from the side of your mouth.

(And before anyone complains this thread probably wasn't on topic ever).
    :confused:

Are you just typing random words in the hope of arriving at some kind of point now? Any sign of those examples yet?

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »
    Ah but no hi-viz on that parked car so he couldn't have been expected to see it.

Seriously... it does show how easily cars can flip over. My own car is very low at the front. A drunk driver hit it while it was parked and he ended up like this:
    And yeah i know.. must have been my own fault, what with my car being black!

516486.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They weren't wearing high vis so you just couldn't see them.

Hurrache wrote: »
    They weren't wearing high vis so you just couldn't see them.

Of course!.. so we really should congratulate the driver for sacrificing his/her own vehicle, to save the life of an invisible cyclist! #respect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Seriously... it does show how easily cars can flip over. My own car is very low at the front. A drunk driver hit it while it was parked and he ended up like this:
    And yeah i know.. must have been my own fault, what with my car being black!

516486.jpg

Taxi license disk in rear window or something else? If so, drunk taxi driver or not, I hope it was a drunk taxi driver and one less taxi on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

micar wrote: »
    Exactly.......cyclists the scourge on our roads.
    ewc78 wrote: »
    Do you want some sauce for that chip on your shoulder? :)

Just the reality.....cyclists are not the ones killing people on our roads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Yep, that has been mentioned a few times on this thread, even though that actually has nothing to do with the thread topic whatsoever....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Absolutely murdering people on the internet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Cyclist coming the other was to blame - driver distracted by the attire of the cyclists on the other side of the road. A lot of drivers seem to get fixated on this. According to these threads anyway.

Just testing if I am banned from this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sure the greens are in now. cycling will not just be allowed on the footpath, it will be mandatory.

• Advertisement

sure the greens are in now. cycling will not just be allowed on the footpath, it will be mandatory.

Greens are fine. We can probably wave goodbye to our kids ever cycling to school because for that we'd need the planned road to go ahead and it probably won't happen now. That being said it takes me 15 minutes getting to work including dropping kids to school and the traffic jams don't really exist so where we live probably isn't high priority anyway. Even cyclists are not really frowned upon. Despite all the whinging about greens and country, it will be easier to work from home, we'll continue to enjoy our gated communities and one off houses (local need and all that) and road rage will be left to people in the more urban areas. We might even get some public transport (not that I use it).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

...cyclists rule the world and everybody lived happily ever after.

The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

https://www.thejournal.ie/letterkenny-road-death-5122912-Jun2020/

Basically another murder on the roads probably a speeding drunk. One RIP post. Imagine the difference if it aas an article about cyclists, or a cyclist hit someone?
    What's up with that?

We Irish basically have a gargantuan blind spot / dead zone in our collective conscience when it comes to peoples behavior once behind the wheel and the consequences of that behavior.

Its our equivalent to the Americans with their gun laws and the "thoughts and prayers" offered up each time another schoolful of kids gets shot up.

Totally agree! I can see Conor Faughnan standing on a stage holding up a set of car keys and shouting: “FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

SeanW wrote: »
    Image must be fake, staged or at the very least, well timed. There are a dozen cyclists waiting at a red light! And not one jumper
    It was a bit too warm for a jumper yesterday. Is this the extension of the hi-vis approach where you now get to tell cyclists what kind of clothing to wear?

The comments section in the journal is always a good bell weather of how car dominated and car dependent we are. Someone boozed up driving and kills someone in a hit and run ? Hardly an eyebrow raised. Must look up the story about the new cycle lanes in the Phoenix park. I'd say the comments section went into melt down.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    The comments section in the journal is always a good bell weather of how car dominated and car dependent we are. Someone boozed up drivong and kills someone in a bit and run ? Hardly an eyebrow raised. Must look up the story about the new cycle lanes in the Phoenix park. I'd say the comments section went into melt down.

Another guy who needs some sauce for the chip on his shoulder.
    This thread is comedy gold.

Another guy who needs some sauce for the chip on his shoulder.
    This is comedy gold in this thread.

https://www.thejournal.ie/part-two-bicycle-blackspots-ireland-5082071-Apr2020/

Lol. The comments. Two abreast. Holding up traffic. Lycra. "Road tax". Insurance. Red lights. Ah jaysus driving makes people so wound up you'd wonder why they bother.

Anyway carmageddon coming post 29th june. Going to be mayhem out there. Let's hope people have some nice calming music in the car. :)

Comedy Gold :)

• Advertisement

Comedy Gold :)

Yeah nearly up there with this one

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88490012

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement