Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut not accepting pps card to set up account.

• 28-05-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

As above I'm trying to set up a Revolut account but it keeps refusing the pics of my pps card. The only other government id I have is an expired passport. Does the fact it's expired matter? It's frustrating as they already have my money but I can't use it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

you need a valid passport to open a Revolut account in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

So shouldn't they wait until it's verified before taking my money?
    Also it doesn't say passport it says government ID. A pps card is a government ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't have a PSC but I think the problem with them for banks including Irish banks is that some genius decided that the PPS no. would be on the reverse of it, thus making it useless for banking (and possibly other) ID.

Is that correct?

Ya it is but they're asking for a picture of the front and back of the card so they have both sides. Still rejected. It's not urgent I'm just very pedantic with online setups. I like it done in one go and as I said why can they take money without the account being fully set up. They surely should vetify the account then take the money. A new passport could take ages in the current climate.

I have a valid foreign passport but I assume that won't work seeing as I'm registered in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

A pps card is a government ID.

No it isn't.
    I have a valid foreign passport but I assume that won't work seeing as I'm registered in Ireland?

How do you think foreigners who live here can open Revolut accounts?

No it isn't.

How do you think foreigners who live here can open Revolut accounts?
    Fair point I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology. The wording on the e mail sounded like the ID had to come from the country you are applying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ya it is but they're asking for a picture of the front and back of the card so they have both sides. Still rejected.

The PSC can't even be used as a form of ID in Ireland. It doesn't have your Date of Birth on it, which is one of the main things Revolut would want to verify.

A foreign passport should work though.

Christ lads I'm in all sorts here. I keep getting the same message from them. My ac hasn't been verified? If I try and walk down the road and use google pay will I be able to use the revolute account? My account says the money is in there.

The Irish passport office is not processing passports at the minute either.

• Advertisement

Christ lads I'm in all sorts here. I keep getting the same message from them. My ac hasn't been verified? If I try and walk down the road and use google pay will I be able to use the revolute account? My account says the money is in there.

Ask them on live chat through the app what the problem is.

Ask them on live chat through the app what the problem is.

He needs an in date passport. But the passport office is not processing applications.

He needs an in date passport. But the passport office is not processing applications.

No issue with that my only issue is why are they allowed to access my account and take out money when they won't let me access said money. They should have said "as soon as you verify your account we will withdraw the funds from your bank account" This mob are obviously charlatans.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How did you sign up to Revolut? You need to verify your ID to be able to use it properly?

Thats my point I didn't get asked for any id when signing up. I put in the usual details. Name, ph no address bank details. Next question was how much do you want to transfer. I transfered x amount. When I went to acsess the account I'm told it has to be verified before I can touch said funds. My bad I thought a psc card would be ok. No problem ok my fault. Ive given them a copy of a passport I hold (not irish) and the chat person says that passport is ok but the next chat person says it takes up to 2 weeks to verify said ID.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm confused, are you saying you transferred money via a bank transfer to your new Revolut account or by topping it up via a debit / credit card, before you verified your account?

To be fair, they make it quite clear during the signup process you need to verify your account before getting full access.

PSC is not a valid National ID. Just submit your passport and it will be verified in a few days, the 2 week wait they claim is worst case. It doesn't matter that it's not an Irish passport, a passport is a passport.
    Fair point. As I said earlier I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to signing up to stuff, I like it all done instantly and I get overly worked up if anything goes slowly. I'm sure it'll sort itself out out. Cheers.
    Edit. Sorry Just to answer the first part of your question. As I was signing up to a new revolut account I was asked how much do I want to transfer from my debit card. I transfered x amount and when I went to access that money I was told I cant until the account is verified. I probably didn't pay enough attention to the process.

He has one, a foreign one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,383 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Fair point. As I said earlier I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to signing up to stuff, I like it all done instantly and I get overly worked up if anything goes slowly. I'm sure it'll sort itself out out. Cheers.
    Edit. Sorry Just to answer the first part of your question. As I was signing up to a new revolut account I was asked how much do I want to transfer from my debit card. I transfered x amount and when I went to access that money I was told I cant until the account is verified. I probably didn't pay enough attention to the process.

Are you sure the debit card charge was processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭FledNanders

The Irish passport office is not processing passports at the minute either.

My wife was in the same boat when trying to set up Revolut recently, her passport was expired.

She applied for a new passport online last month and had it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

I'm in the same situation, they ask you to lodge money at the start, I did this, ordered the card and still have cash remaining. They sent out the card then asked me to verify. Won't accept PSC card and won't accept drivers licence either. Tried live chat on the app and complete waste of time

My wife was in the same boat when trying to set up Revolut recently, her passport was expired.

She applied for a new passport online last month and had it within a week.

Did she claim it was an emergency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,020 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fair point I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology. The wording on the e mail sounded like the ID had to come from the country you are applying in.

How do you think foreigners living in Ireland manage to get Revoult accounts?

Just send the in-date passport that you have.

I'm in the same situation, they ask you to lodge money at the start, I did this, ordered the card and still have cash remaining. They sent out the card then asked me to verify. Won't accept PSC card and won't accept drivers licence either. Tried live chat on the app and complete waste of time

Chat will just tell you that you need a passport, PSC is not ID and is not accepted anywhere as one and revolut do not accept Irish Drivers licences.

It's a passport or nothing.

One thing I've learned from this thread is how many people appear to have difficulty producing a valid passport I would have thought its as common as having a PPS number for anyone nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Passport office open next week for online applications.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Passport office open next week for online applications.

About f**king time if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

About f**king time if true.

Processing of online passport applications will resume next week https://jrnl.ie/5114161

Advertisement