Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭minerleague

Another one i watch sometimes is Way Out West, not strictly farming but interesting, built their own house, good engineering skills, a few nice german inspired recipes, gardening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

And it can be done alongside their daily job. If you had to head off for a couple of hours to do something else it wouldn't be as achievable.

He clearly enjoys doing the shooting/editing/uploading side of things. Not many hobbies you can earn €600-€1,000 a month from! Would pay for a few nice holidays away or a good deposit on his wedding that is coming down the line.

In an alternative, any interest in the creation of a thread dedicated to land/holdings for sale? Could generate a bit of debate.

Try your thread and see. It'll be there for anyone with interest.

Check a few others there. The hoof GP seems to be the one that’s really taking it in

No way are these guys making these quoted figures

Check this guy out rate my take away

If sniperwolf made $38k yesterday then I am going to be physically sick

Yet "i farm we farm made" only 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭C0N0R

They get more out of it than money. They are nearly all building a brand with merchandise. Getting a good bit of free stuff for the farms plus the demo equipment too.

This is the one bit I can’t understand, and it seems to be the core to Grassmen’s business, merchandise. I enjoy watching ifarmwefarm but I’ve absolutely no desire to walk round with a jacket with ifarmwefarm written on it. It will be interesting to see who’s stand these celebrities will feature on at the ploughing 2022, that and “endorsements” will be what make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

If they were making the colour of those numbers they wouldn't be bothering with merchandise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I really like rate my takeaway . It encourages me to eat crap though !

Suckler wrote: »
    If they were making the colour of those numbers they wouldn't be bothering with merchandise.

Exactly, would you be seen out in a tom pemberton hoody? Cant be shifting too many units

Bullocks wrote: »

It would be gas if he was taking the piss and was from Madrid or some place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Bullocks wrote: »

He comes across as a really likeable fella. I think there was only one I seen that he didn't enjoy.
    Really enjoy his videos, not sure why as I don't really like take away food nor watching people eat!
    He lost his wife recently according to the comments. Wouldn't begrudge him a penny of what he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Check a few others there. The hoof GP seems to be the one that’s really taking it in

Interesting that George Saunders in the UK seems to have very little revenue from the channel despite having multiple times the views and subscriptions as his Irish counterparts

He doesn’t seem to do plugging from what I see in his channel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

I see ifarmwefarm is after getting some abusive mail regarding buying the new tractor. Its not all sunshine and roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭jaymla627

I see ifarmwefarm is after getting some abusive mail regarding buying the new tractor. Its not all sunshine and roses.

What tractor did he buy, smart move in fairness shifting the mf given its a dyna 6

Where is he getting the abuse? Is he deleting it off YouTube comments section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Where is he getting the abuse? Is he deleting it off YouTube comments section?

Don't know. No private messages on YouTube afaik.

He posted a message to his YouTube page and said he's cancelled his video revealing the new tractor that was due for tomorrow. There's no way to link it I think, but it's in the community part of his home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Don't know. No private messages on YouTube afaik.

He posted a message to his YouTube page and said he's cancelled his video revealing the new tractor that was due for tomorrow. There's no way to link it I think, but it's in the community part of his home page

Could be the face book or Instagram end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Must be another massey so. How after years using the electric shuttle with the dynashifts on it could he change to case or valtra.

Best cab on the market in fairness to massey.

Seen it. A sad indictment of people. What sort of person would do such a thing, giving abuse to him about his tidy yard and trailer etc.
    Says more about them than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Feck sake, some people are just begrudgers.

ruwithme wrote: »
    Must be another massey so. How after years using the electric shuttle with the dynashifts on it could he change to case or valtra.

Best cab on the market in fairness to massey.

I was thinking it would be a Case like Tom Pemberton's around the 130 size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

That's always the risk when you open yourself up like that. F*** the begrudgers.
    Someone from the other end of the country reported Gerry6420 last year for spreading slurry in Louth during a storm. The video came out during the storm :rolleyes: He got a letter off Louth CoCo and went quiet on YT for a while after than

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

That's always the risk when you open yourself up like that. F*** the begrudgers.
    Someone from the other end of the country reported Gerry6420 last year for spreading slurry in Louth during a storm. The video came out during the storm :rolleyes: He got a letter off Louth CoCo and went quiet on YT for a while after than

Some people have way too much time on their hands. Begrudery and jealousy are a scourge of this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Seen it. A sad indictment of people. What sort of person would do such a thing, giving abuse to him about his tidy yard and trailer etc.
    Says more about them than him.

The only complaint I have about him is that every second week he seems to be buying something. I counted a slurry tank, cattle box, post driver, log splitter, massey 35, grass tine, hedgecutter, new tyres. I don't think its representative of most farms. I'd have a bigger operation and wouldn't buy that much in three years.

Liked his earlier videos, now I say to myself, what did he buy this week. He seems to have very little content excluding new machines he bought.

timple23 wrote: »
    The only complaint I have about him is that every second week he seems to be buying something. I counted a slurry tank, cattle box, post driver, log splitter, massey 35, grass tine, hedgecutter, new tyres. I don't think its representative of most farms. I'd have a bigger operation and wouldn't buy that much in three years.

Liked his earlier videos, now I say to myself, what did he buy this week. He seems to have very little content excluding new machines he bought.

Out of that list, the only ones which seemed odd to me was the cattle trailer and possibly the tyres on the Case. I remember him saying that the old cattle trailer done very little and would last him a long time yet, but maybe felt it was a good deal. Tyre's would have lasted a while longer here.
    Slurry tanker was a trade in - I think he is drawing a bit of a distance so the extra capacity will make a difference. If he gets a LESSE grant on a dribble bar, then why not. Was the post driver not a trade-in too? Can't remember what the issue with it was, but from memory he went in to get it upgraded and traded for a new one.

Plenty of fella's when they take over the reigns like to get in a bit more machinery. There might be something in the accounts where buying in a bit of machinery over a few years would help taxwise.

The other machinery I can see him getting good use out of. His earlier videos were a bit more informative, but really when you have gone through a year on the farm, any farm, then the content is going to start to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭bamayang

timple23 wrote: »

But why would that be a complaint? Hes obv into machinery and he’s prob forgoing something else to buy those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

bamayang wrote: »
    But why would that be a complaint? Hes obv into machinery and he’s prob forgoing something else to buy those things.

Only issue id have is his constant plugging of companies. To me it looks like he's getting a discount or even free items for the plugs. If not declaring it as paid partnerships or ads it's dishonest. I do be laughing at the amount of times he mentions lakeland machinery, tipsy bins, auto sparky and john conaty's. but in all fairness he runs a tight ship. I love seeing how tidy he keeps the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mr321

bamayang wrote: »

Yes exactly and if people looked and listened to his videos properly they would see he said they don't go on family holidays ever and anything they make on the farm goes back into it.

If he gets discounts and items sent for trying and gives the plugs here and there who cares.
    He also stated in a vid that some of the companies mentioned have seen an increase he customers inquiring about certain products.
    Personally the guy that done the stickers for him on the hedge cutter I plan to buy off him myself as he gave a detailed summary of the way they are made etc. Better then the crap you buy that fades after a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Only issue id have is his constant plugging of companies. To me it looks like he's getting a discount or even free items for the plugs. If not declaring it as paid partnerships or ads it's dishonest. I do be laughing at the amount of times he mentions lakeland machinery, tipsy bins, auto sparky and john conaty's. but in all fairness he runs a tight ship. I love seeing how tidy he keeps the place.

Yes, same here find the constant plugs about ‘lake land machinery’ very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

His plug of companies might be a small niggle but overall he is very good, I’d nearly call him a role model with the way his runs his operation, his yard is tidy, he cleans and looks after his machines, even his cows seem in great order.
    I won’t lie, there was a video of him jacking a calf earlier this year and I learned a lot from it, and used it afterwards. So for me I’d count that a good content.
    If we are all honest, for those that watch him, who would pick ear to the ground over his videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

If I remember correctly, the person that reported him was from Cork or somewhere very far away from gerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I'm fairly interested in these youtubers, long story short, a few years ago large tool companies such as dewal... and milwauk... were sending out these tools to guys who were "testing" them and giving great reviews, turns out none of them were qualified tradesmen or worked on jobsites. I think this may be happening with some youtube channels, take that bin for example, ya its handy but its no use to a farmer who has a bad back and can't bend down that far. I've no problem with lads reviewing stuff, but its never fair or balanced unless they've paid full price for it.
    Mr321 wrote: »
    Personally the guy that done the stickers for him on the hedge cutter I plan to buy off him myself as he gave a detailed summary of the way they are made etc. Better then the crap you buy that fades after a year.

I tried to order stuff off that fella, pure waste of time, ignoring messages and never getting back to me. Went to another crowd up North and had it in two days.
    Plenty of fella's when they take over the reigns like to get in a bit more machinery. There might be something in the accounts where buying in a bit of machinery over a few years would help taxwise.

I thought that was only for brand new equipment? Open to correction on that.

Advertisement