Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

timple23 wrote: »
    I tried to order stuff off that fella, pure waste of time, ignoring messages and never getting back to me. Went to another crowd up North and had it in two days.
    Was that Lotus Designs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Was that Lotus Designs?

Yes, very good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭bamayang

I think this may be happening with some youtube channels, take that bin for example, ya its handy but its no use to a farmer who has a bad back and can't bend down that far.

Jaysus that’s fair nonsense.

Yes, very good service.

I have used them before for decals. 6+ years later and still look like new. If they are of the same quality that I got, you should be pleased with them for a good few years.

bamayang wrote: »
    Jaysus that’s fair nonsense.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

enjoyed the last couple vids from farmer phil,

don't really bother with adrian much any more , never mentions how the cows are performing etc, and only replies to the comments he likes , never answers any query re farm

phil much more open

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 delldelivery

I’d nearly call him a role model with the way his runs his operation

I thought the same until I seen him fencing.

Surprised to see a very average job (that's being kind). Left the tails of the wires all sticking out too.

Very odd seeing as fencing is one job that doesn't need shiny new equipment, just a bit of practice to do it properly.

If anything his yard is too tidy, but then I'm always suspicius of lads from up his way :D Was on a course where the instructor (who would be one of his kind) basically turned the whole thing into a sales pitch, I should have reported him at the time to FRS but never bothered.

It's a Massey 7615 6-cyl Dyna-4

Looking to do his own baling next year. Gonna be fireworks when he buys a baler and wrapper. :D

Not fussed on view from rear. The pillars seem a bit limiting in comparison to the cabs with the pillars right out at the corner.

EDIT: Buying a mower soon as well :pac:

All hell is going to break loose now with the begrudgers :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Looking to do his own baling next year. Gonna be fireworks when he buys a baler and wrapper. :D

Not fussed on view from rear. The pillars seem a bit limiting in comparison to the cabs with the pillars right out at the corner.

Can't understand the logic of going at his own bales tbh

More power to him if his sums add up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭jaymla627

North of a 110k incl vat for that lady, its a viscous circle will probably spend another 50k plus on gear to go behind it....will be a serious hp payment to be making every month with a small enough herd of cows, the youtube must be a nice earner

• Advertisement

You could get a baler/wrapper setup for €9k - €10k which would suit a farmer. Not sure it would be in the condition which would suit Adrian though.
    I'm guessing that he has decided to go this route instead of building the silo where he was storing bales at the out farm where he has the shed and handling pen.
    Would be interesting to hear his sums on it, but then he doesn't have to justify his outlay to strangers on the internet.

jaymla627 wrote: »
    North of a 110k incl vat for that lady, its a viscous circle will probably spend another 50k plus on gear to go behind it....will be a serious hp payment to be making every month with a small enough herd of cows, the youtube must be a nice earner

She's 2015

I'd say somewhere in the region of 70k for it

30-35k for his own tractor then?

jaymla627 wrote: »

What size herd has he? Has he a case of shiny metal disease? I can't see that shed going up this year anyway.

60-70 is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

She's 2015

I'd say somewhere in the region of 70k for it

30-35k for his own tractor then?

How many hours on the 1 he bought.?

orm0nd wrote: »

Haven't a clue but she's tidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Haven't a clue but she's tidy

Didn't he have a few issues with it? The sceptic in me thinks it was (finally) running ok so a good time to offload. I could be way off though.

With the one he's bought is there a possibility of going contracting as well I wonder? Tough to do along with milking .

orm0nd wrote: »

If the hours are on the bottom left of dash in blue it has 2160hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

Fair play to the man for buying it. Best of luck.

It doesn’t add up though. He seems to make statements and be very emphatic about something and the. Goes out and does something completely different a few week later. Remember he said he didn’t need a front loader , there was no need etc. Few weka later he got one on the case. .
    Few months ago he was saying the mf tractor never ran right from the day he got it. Now he is saying it’s a great tractor.

Anyway I think he is watching gerry too much. New mower now aswell. When u saw his contractor out with the Tripple mowers I’d wonder why he would bother. Big payments on a small enough herd but sur it’s his money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

What turned me off him was the episode of the silage pit last year saying twas probably rotten which was pure bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Lads he's a dairy farmer(rich) so I doubt he is short of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

lab man wrote: »
    What turned me off him was the episode of the silage pit last year saying twas probably rotten which was pure bull

Why that? It had bad patches didn’t it?

Lads he's a dairy farmer(rich) so I doubt he is short of cash.

Ah now, dunno if that's a fair statement and if represents most dairy farmers
    He probably owns all his land/isn't expanding and low/ no borrowings in general

He had a fresh tractor to trade in against it, sane with all the other gear he's changed/bought this year
    Makes a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

He keeps his machinery in good order and repaired so I expect he gets a good trade in value.
    Think I would have bought a 120HP with a new loader 150 HP seems a lot but he seems quite happy with the case so he knows best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is there anyone else on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

ruwithme wrote: »
    Must be another massey so. How after years using the electric shuttle with the dynashifts on it could he change to case or valtra.

Best cab on the market in fairness to massey.

Knew he wouldn't pass on another massey after all else named considered.

A drivers tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Just watching the full video now, turfed out the mf radio & it new only. I'd off left them cb aerials off her.she don't need them to set her off.

A set of Michelin tyres would have crowned her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

ruwithme wrote: »
    Just watching the full video now, turfed out the mf radio & it new only. I'd off left them cb aerials off her.she don't need them to set her off.

A set of Michelin tyres would have crowned her though.

Yes Michelin would have been the part. Surprised he didn't request alliance to be put on it if he really thought they were that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Why that? It had bad patches didn’t it?

If he had the fill of the loader bucket with bad stuff in the corner that would have been it. His title made it sound like the whole lot was going to the dung spreader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭ABlur

If he had the fill of the loader bucket with bad stuff in the corner that would have been it. His title made it sound like the whole lot was going to the dung spreader

I think the titles are often just clickbait. Here's the most annoying farming YouTuber and he always uses clickbait titles:
    https://youtu.be/aAI1h2GYihg

Advertisement