Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Jim Simmental

The ‘big’ Massey probably won’t be doing a whole pile of work now will it ?

odd load of slurry - I seen he got his slurry piped out before and a bit of mowing silage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Yea, the only job a 5460 may struggle at would be pulling the slurry tank on the hilly ground. It would work the krone mower with no issues.

Not a tractor jockey so might be a, well it's a question anyway. Why does Adrian need two tractors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

One could be tied up with the hedgecutter for a few weeks and the other...well.. erm.. erm. Yeah, good point.

Genuine question tbh, not being critical, he can spend his money anyway he see's fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mr321

I have a feeling ifarmwefarms machinary shed site will have the digger back digging out a bigger area.

Looks pretty small an area for the amount of machinery that's starting to pile up in front of it.

The case is a classic will make good money for sure but judging the price of machinary from that particular dealer its never cheap yet Adrian already talking about spending money on it. I find that bit mad always with him and when he says it won't be anytime soon its usually done the next week.

Credit to him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭9935452

The shed doesnt make sense to me for a few reasons.

For a man who keeps his machinery fairly spotless, an aweful lot of it is left out in the weather.

He has said that he isnt putting a shed up at the moment as the price of building materials has gone up. I find it a bit odd tgat he wouldnt spend the money on a shed after spending so much on machinery.

Anyone else see that he has slso sold his tractor powerwasher, so there must be something else coming in its place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I would nearly go and describe his channel as a machinery channel now, there is very little technical farming information in it. I enjoyed his earlier videos where he would be fixing something up like changing the lawnmower bed, I was hoping he would make up one of those karts that he said he used make, now its like what did we buy this week.

Granted it's his money, but I feel some of his investments are poor. I would be focusing on equipment I use all year round rather than upgrading machinery I already have eg his crush and trying to fix that yard layout.

I find it odd that nearly all his spending in the last two years has been machinery related. I see he has a bale unwinder from johnstons on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭Suckler

I saw him pull out the JFC bale bin, anyone else use them?

I priced it roughly at €400. Might look a bit tidier than bagged up wrap but I'd have a few other places to put 400 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Cut the top off an 50 euro ibc tank and it would do the same thing surely?. Can lift on and off a trailer too with pallet forks

• Advertisement

i see adrian got a mention from Tom Pemberton yesterday on how he feeds with the shear grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I know this is off topic now, but your comment kinda caught my eye...

Kids under 10 as well, and am wondering if we arent worrying enough 😋

What are the costs for college now? (with 3 kids, thinking what kinda expense might coming down the track in ~8/10 years time)

We make/use over 600 bales a year. We have a frs plastic bin, we use that for netting, we got 4 pallets, two each side held up with a stake and against a wall and made a little section for to throw the plastic. When plastic collection collection time comes, simply drive tractor and grab into stack and pick up the plastic.

There are much cheaper ways than buying a bale bin, such as making up a square pen from pallets or using an ibc tank (drill a hole at bottom to let water out)

Fees 3k

Living expenses excluding rent 5-8k

Rent 5-10k

Employ your kids on the farm and put that money away for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The case is a classic will make good money 

Are they that well regarded?

They are limited enough TBH. With a disaster of a hi/low torque that meant nearly all of them are bolted/welded in high.

85hp in a 4cyl non turbo, with 4 gears in the high range leaves them restricted in what they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

When he was mowing for his second cut bales during the summer he mentioned that he'd like to get more independent at bales so I'm expecting to see more bale gear land in the next year and that's why he got a stronger loader tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mr321

Its been mentioned a few times alright but that's probably a hint at companies to get in contact about it (the beauty of YouTube) for the area that's currently dug out with current material prices it wouldn't cost alot extra unless he's planning on knocking the current shed and rebuilding it all as one.

Its just mad so much investment on machinary yet rubber mats need replacing he maintains. (another hint dropper)

Yea a tidy one like that with that cab are making good money. Torque is an issue with them but managable with what a 85hp tractor will be doing.

They are a great yard tractor I think and very fast on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Very Good point,

I don't begrudge the fella one bit, I've unsubscribed but that's because I had no interest in watching a walking talking advertisement board. That said, He seems a nice fella, Has a very tidy place and a nice herd of cows. More power to him. The only issue I have is transparency about what he gets for nothing/ is discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭IFarmWeFarm7615

Well i'm glad you used the word BEGRUDGE as that exactly what yourself and a few others that have been commenting on here are doing. And further more i'm very glad you're told everyone you've unsubscribed as your the very type of viewer we don't want. Remember though it's the views that count so make sure to not click on our video's as then you'll be back supporting us again and we wouldn't want that. It's very easy for people to hide behind their key pads and ridicule others. Who are you guys to tell us what we should and shouldn't be doing while you watch our video's for free!! Unless you're funding our purchases I don't see why it should concern you. Jealous is an awful disease and it's something we see everyday unfortunately. Our Channel has gone from strength to strength so we obviously must be doing something right! But maybe that's the real problem here. (If I can't have it he shouldn't have it). If you think you can do better by all means give it a go and see how you get on...and remember if you do get famous one day make sure to turn down every opportunity that's offered to you as people don't like that sort of stuff!! Let me tell you social media is one of the toughest platforms anyone could ever enter, we put our lives and farm in front of the world for all to see, then sometimes we get subjected to the abuse that's comes with that.

There seems to be an awful misunderstanding out there that someone is forcing you to watch our video's!! Leave if you're unhappy or can't stand to see us moving forward and have to hide in places like these to feel better about yourself. Thankfully their are an awful lot of people out there that do appreciate what we do and do understand the amount of work and dedication it takes to get to where we are. So here's a spoiler for you guy's, we're just getting started we will continue to push forward in life and encourage others to do the same. While you're begrudging us we will be out working and using our profile to help others who have been subjected to bullying or abuse so they can perhaps rise above it as we have, this right here is a prime example.

(Final note) Try to do better in life and rise above hatred towards others. If you want something in life go and get it, but remember to earn it or it will never fore fill your expectations. Those of you who do enjoy our video's we thank you for the overwhelming support as always. We love what we do and that you guys enjoy watching us. We're not perfect, fare from it but we do the best we can.

Next year will be a big year with some more big improvements like two new sheds, more equipment ( all giving to us completely free of course) and perhaps our biggest venture to date.. onwards and upwards.

Go raigh mile maith agat

Team IFarm WeFarm

You took a fair cut off the chap there. Surely you should attack the post not the poster?

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is meant to be directed at me?Strange you quote me when other posters have been a lot more critical, Quite a bit to address here.

For a start, You've already contradicted yourself. " Remember though it's the views that count so make sure to not click on our video's as then you'll be back supporting us again and we wouldn't want that" followed by " Unless you're funding our purchases I don't see why it should concern you". So are clicks funding you or are they not?

I never for one second said i thought i could do better, Nor have i any ambition to put myself in front of a camera.

There's quite the difference between not having an interest in your posting and "not being able to stand to see us moving forward and have to hide in places like these to feel better about yourself". Not everyone is going to agree with what you're doing, and you have to be able to deal with that.

But you may get off your high horse there for a second, Bar one clip regarding a tragic incident of late, I haven't seen many examples of you using your profile to help others who have been bullied, But as I don't pay attention to your videos of late, I stand to be corrected.

Thanks for the life advice, But as I said, I bear no hatred to you, Far from it.Now for some advice of my own, Your success is very much based on public opinion, and little outbursts like this don't help your case. Maybe take a look at how another prominent youtuber on this thread carries himself.

I should point out I meant to add in my last post that i think all of us would take advantage of any gifts/ sponsorship would if we were offered the opportunity. But my point stands, And I'm not just referring to you when I say this, there is very little transparency in the industry, and It often leads to people taking reviews as gospel not realizing the reviewer is being rewarded for providing the "unbiased" review. People aren't naive fella and it doesn't take a genius to realise these "does anyone have a recommendation for..." are an open invitation to work with you

Feel free to address anything I've said here or by P.M

All the best

Joe

@IFarmWeFarm7615 are you in derogation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How do you recycle the wrap - tip it out?

We use a tote bag, fill it up and throw the lot into recyclers. Used to have a solway container and their plastic inserts. Weighed down with tote bag of stones. However they got brittle and turned into a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Have to say I'd admire anyone that puts themselves out there on YouTube.

You'd definitely need something extra to be able to do so.

Well done on all your achievements to date @IFarmWeFarm7615 and wish you luck for the future. The same goes for @farmerphil135. You're both the go to look at in this household. The two of ye are both very relatable.

Ifarm you've done a lot of work in a few short years. Or it seems that way. We all know it takes sacrifices to do so. Well ware on the new purchase too.

Nothing else I suppose only keep the clips coming Phil and Adrian. You're YouTube glitterati at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭jaymla627

All out attackmode is grand and all, but given your online venture and so on, if a few lads got the hump with personal attacks like the above and started flagging your videos to YouTube etc out of malice, what is a nice little earner could go tits up quick enough, its night and day comparing yourself and Phil with your engagement on here so far

Yeah , just turn it upside down when recycling. Cut the plastic drum below the outside cage and it will turn upside down onto the cage and then you can lift the drum again. One with the drum taken out altogether would work too and it might not hold water then, Must try that.

I used to keep mine in a Tonne bag for sand/stone but find they seem to rot over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

In fairness he's been posted about non stop since this thread started. You could say obsessively so. And not all nicely either.

Phil was the same, hence why he felt the need to reply here as posters think they don't read here or probably get a kick of thinking what their reaction will be when they do.

I can see where Adrian is coming from. It's all just built up is all.

They're both well able to post for themselves and welcome along to both if I didn't do so to Phil before.

Posters here need to get over themselves too and think what are they at and why and is it necessary and if not why are you doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ifarm, welcome to boards, I tried to tell our regulars earlier on not to be too harsh on youtube farmers as they just might read what they post on here. Fair play to you for putting what you do on show to the world, I know I couldn't do it. Phil is a regular visitor here, hopefully you'll be a regular here too. Anyone who lives in rural Ireland today knows we are a nation of begrudgers, don't let them get to you.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement