Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Stop really? If it was an accident, there was a chainsaw the passenger side 😳

he must have some collection of cars and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jim_11

They’d surely set up a few more cameras if it was intentional, and throw the seat belt on, it’d nearly be harder set that crash up than not, some pilot all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Some confidence to get back into it and drive like he did afterwards. I’d say it was an accident. Luckily he wasn’t hurt with no belt on or helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Cant stand watching the fleming lad. They try too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭straight

Evenflow is just letting out the mad bastard trapped inside us all. It's nice for him to have such an outlet. He didn't get to drive like that without rolling a few times. I thought his hiace and Dyna driving was more impressive. Didn't see either in a while now. He's a nice break from the pc brigade that we are all targeted with these days. Fairly typical local lad in alot of ways with the wellies and no PPE. They'll have fecking pedestrians wearing helmets like the "cyclists" next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Just watched that evenflow vid that looks like a dx corrolla he rolled would be worth a fair few pound he must be making a good bit from YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Didn't evenflows father drive into someone's sitting room window with the jeep halfway through the house coming home from the pub years ago.

I watched it again. Lucky man to walk away from it. He nearly got thrown out the window. I'd say he had to take a bit of time before he drove away. The disclaimer at the end is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭orm0nd

lazy day at the office so went through the vid in slow motion ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What do ye see in that Evenflow guy. Just a Gobshite roaring and shouting. Lucky he wasn't killed in that crash. I'd say he will get a knock on the door one of the days. No way the Cops will let that go.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jaysus, he's a lucky boy. One of the 9 lives gone there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

his earlier content, and his recent stuff on TikTok and Snapchat is more entertaining that his YouTube stuff now tbf. His short videos are hilarious. Suppose he reminds every lad of when he was in his young 20’s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I noticed the follow up to the accident wasn't made for a length of time afterwards , a few tell signs on the car and completely different weather.

great camera work and editing though.

Not that long ago we weren't far off him around here before we were all sterilised by cancel culture and "modern" society. Sure it was all the council's fault anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Father Phil's spannering is extremely impressive. Didn't watch much of the video though as the lighting was so bad!

I notice he never name drops Johnston's, rather referring to them as "the local Massey dealer". Maybe they weren't willing to cough up for the Stewart's endorsement.

He mentioned them alright. Derek is one cool cucumber in fairness. They have a good relationship.

Watched that Evenflow video today, had to be at least twice as long as it should have been to be good. Lot's of filler that added nothing. I wonder is the length specifically to do with YT algorithms or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭White Clover

You should go back and watch more of his videos and listen this time before giving your opinion. What is it with running lads down?

@whelan2 always says that you shouldn't type anything on here that you wouldn't say to the person's face and I agree with her. Would you come out with that rubbish if you were standing in the yard with the Stewart's?

Mate of mine had a DX Corolla 20 years ago that he had for rallying around the farm and up and down their lane. It often got a good spin over the road at 4 on a Sunday morning coming home from the Nightclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

To be fair to father Phil, its not his channel, so he is as you see him.

He is as intelligent a man as ever was born, certainly when it comes to mechanics

I would doubt he has any interest in endorsement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭eire23

Who's running who down?

It's a discussion board, That's my opinion, Cool the jets fella.Some lads are incredibly easily offended

My point still stands, In that video he referenced the fella that breaks the Massey's by name, But not the local dealer, Why do you think that is then?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

There’s not much we can do about the lighting as it’s the go pro more so than the lights in the shed. Go pros are shocking bad for picking up artificial light but we’re buying some standing lights to see if it improves it.

That’s just father Phil on camera I don’t know why he didn’t say Johnston’s but I did to make it clear. I don’t go looking for endorsements and sponsorships as I don’t feel good about doing so. Anything that comes our way comes so by people approaching us. Tho it can be difficult when we set out to buy something and then we’re given stuff and have to try fit it into a video as I feel obliged to do so and make sure it comes across clear that it was given not bought bit like the cheetah head torch.

also thank you for your opinion it’s good to get honest feedback whether it’s good or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

yes YT algorithm prefers and promotes longer videos

That's a shame, "Gone in 60 seconds", or I believe it may have been titled initially "The Cold Start", is one of my favourites, it's like myself, terribly simple 😂 "The wall" is probably my all time favourite. I'd rather tune out than watch half hour slots tbh, it's not what got him where he is.

Who's running who down?? You are running the Stewart's down by insinuating that they don't mention Johnston's name because they're not getting sponsored to do so.

Johnston's have been mentioned several times in past videos, didn't they have a demo Massey baler out with them too.

If you knew anything about Johnston's, you would know that they were John Deere dealers upto about 5 years ago and not when the Stewart's bought all their tractors except the 6499, which came from Murphy's in Wexford. It is quite understandable then that they wouldn't have a mega close relationship with the Stewart's as they are relatively new to Massey Ferguson themselves. They most likely have longer standing relationships with a lot of John Deere owners in the Midlands.

You should refrain from shooting your mouth off as you are only interested in giving sly digs.

I appreciate the lighting issues with the gopros and to be fair to you, I originally watched the video on a TV, and when I rewatched part of it there on the phone it was actually a lot clearer so TV obviously part to blame also.

Sorry lad, I must be mistaken there as I thought it was referred to as that on more than one occasion and didn't hear Johnstons mentioned at all, but I could well have missed it as I skipped through some of the workshop bits.

Classy response as always Phillip, Gas to see some lads here getting up in arms when the man himself acknowledges the point rather than putting it down as running a fella down for no reason.

I didn't, I merely offered a suggestion which Phillip corrected above. No issues there.

If you knew as much about Johnston's as you claim to, You'd know they were originally MF dealers for the guts of 15 years prior to moving to JD, In total, they're probably MF dealers longer than they were JD. @farmerphil135 can confirm but there's a chance the MF's bought in the mid 90's may have come from the Athlone road?

Sorry now but below is what you said:

"I notice he never name drops Johnston's, rather referring to them as "the local Massey dealer". Maybe they weren't willing to cough up for the Stewart's endorsement."

That to me comes across as your opinion.

Your opinion that Johnstons name is never mentioned (this is untrue) because "Maybe they weren't willing to cough up for the Stewart's endorsement."

If that isn't a dirty little dig then I don't know what is.

• Advertisement

Why do you assume that's a bad thing? Phillip's YouTube channel is a source of income. If I was in his position I certainly wouldn't promote a business unless I was incentivised to do so.

That was my opinion, As I said this is a discussion board. I did say I may have missed it, and @straight and @farmerphil135 have confirmed that I did, Hence my apology in an earlier post.

Advertisement