Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

my father mentioned him extensively as he looked after us by getting all the parts put together and getting the hand brake calliper to us the last day of postage. It was a you scratched my back I’ll scratch yours kind of thing. And how do I go about explaining that in video? It’s not sponsorship or endorsement as we weren’t paid nor got parts free or reduced cost (but we have done in the past)

yes my father referred to Johnston’s as the local Massey garage more than once but it comes back to what you originally said you assumed there was something there because of what was not said but the same could be true if they were mentioned the few times people might pick up that we were “sponsored” by them?

it all boils back to the murky water between straight out this is sponsored video to everything else and trying to navigate through it all and be as clear about it as possible without going into the complexities of it or flashing sponsored not sponsored every time a company/name is mentioned. What’s yer opinions on it?

yes we’ve bought many masseys off them also machinery even John Deere balers brand new! And this year we bought a 2 furrow Ferguson plough off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭White Clover

The fact is what you said was untrue, then you said you didn't say it, now you're saying you did say it and you have apologised for saying it.

You only said you may have missed it when it was pointed out to you. In future you should qualify your posts by saying what you're saying may not be true.

It's not the first time you have come out with a load of waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Yep that's fair enough, I certainly hadn't thought of it like that, in particular your second paragraph and appreciate that you have to look at everything from a different perspective to the viewer.

Its an alien concept, as this whole genre of publishing content is still a relatively new concept, but it all comes down to transparency, There are some content creators who will push anything and it casts a questionable shadow on others. I think in time it will become second nature that if a company is mentioned, the fact that they have or haven't sponsored the content creator will become second nature. I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I never denied saying anything? I only said I never ran anyone down, which In my opinion I didn't. If you disagree that's your problem.

Obviously I only said I may have missed it when it was pointed out. I didn't think I did, But I'm not going to rewatch the entire video, nor am I going to disagree with the man when he said he did

Will you give over, it's an anonymous Internet forum, There's no need for disclaimers with every post. Besides, I said Maybe in my original post, that clearly states that what I'm saying may not be true.

As I said, it's gas you're getting so offended when the man in question was able to reply in the manner he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

It's fairly obvious to everyone that it was a sneaky little dig to run the Stewarts down. You'd be better off just apologizing for it and not mentioning it again rather than redigging the hole every couple of posts. I mean after 'apologizing' a few posts ago, you're back to claiming you were not running him down.

I didn't even give this whole topic a second thought while watching the video. If he said "Johnstones" instead of "Our local Massey dealer", then 99% of the viewers wouldn't know who he was referring to. Whereas the man in Wexford featured in the video so when he refers to him by name, everyone knows who he's talking about. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Father Phil, is some job. He is just happy out stripping something and fixing it. A real asset to any place.

Secondly serious wit, an ability to work hard, and a real problem solver. He would be kinda guy that lead any workshop. @farmerphil135 you are blessed to have him around the place and enjoy it.

Phil just wondering are you able to see the analytics of where the views are coming from. Is it an Irish market or worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

@farmerphil135 how many animals would you have to send to the factory to make the same amount of money from an animal used for the farm shop?

On the merch side would you have any idea of how many caps t-shirts etc you would have sold so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

@IFarmWeFarm7615 - Don't know if you are still about but was the camera on the front loader of the Case enough of a success for you to put it onto your Massey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Do you watch onelonelyfarmer, currently pulling the gearbox apart on a 6210r and is winging it, has no workshop manuals for it, and can't get any as it's a zf box and john deere our zf won't give out the info as they usually want lads to just exchange the boxes will be fascinating to see if he gets her running again

• Advertisement

I didn't apologize for what I said, I apologized for missing the fact he mentioned Johnstons. I still don't agree that I ran him down. If you have an issue with the post, Report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Ya lad, they were grand at the start, but asides that the father is a gas man, don't kno the son tone honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭davidk1394

The lightace in Evenflows videos was bought off a friend of mine. I'm surprised it wasn't wrote off yet. Evenflow and Falvey seem to be friendly enough as he appeared in a few videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Would the two boys above ever **** off and measure yere knobs somewhere else. Yer ruining what is a very good thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I wonder is that because of the whole "right to repair" movement going on over there, probably would find it easier to get info over here. Its a bit reckless to be going about it the way he is considering its a relatively new machine, but its his time and money and he's entitled to do how he sees fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The company ZF that made that gearbox make all the transmissions for the top German car makers. I dealt with them before. Never met a company that were so thorough and precise. They just took it to a new level altogether.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭enricoh

He got away light - he looked fairly fresh diving into the motor through the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I worked for a JD dealership a few years ago.

When the ZF autopowr units failed the procedure was to fill out a test sheet, and await instructions from JD. The dealership were forbidden from opening them, although it wasn't a particularly complicated unit, and the failure was nearly always the same.

Somewhere in Austria or Germany, a ZF guy loaded a new Autopowr unit into a little orange colored van, packed his lunchbox and headed for the dealership in Ireland. Where he would drop the new unit off, and collect the failed unit, refill his lunchbox and head back for the ferry.

Found it amazing that ZF went to such an expense to deliver and collect the units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Similar story to the above with a contractor I worked for out in Australia who employed a fully qualified fendt mechanic, who was able to fix the varios with a simple 200 dollar part but you couldn't buy if off fendt had to source it elsewhere, they like John deere expect you to cough up for a exchange unit and not to attempt to get it fixed in a dealership our in-house if you are able too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I've recently started watching Vice Grip Garage. He is a American fella that buys old classic cars, pick up trucks and the odd tractor online /sight unseen that have been laid up for years from around the US with the intention of getting them running and driving them home with all the trials and tribulations that's involved. He arrives onsite with basic tools and goes through the process of how he gets them running. He's a droll, witty sorta fella which makes good viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7VnQ_4aosc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hollywood would be proud of that stunt. It's at 16:20 .

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I wonder will that make him have a rethink about stunts/safety!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭straight

You can see when he is lying in the car with the glass in his mouth - the isolation and all the other switches were off. I'd wear the seat belt at a minimum anyway.

Would like to see a youtuber cover profitable suckler farming

Topics like:

Keeping fertiliser bill down

Picking low input replacements

Picking a stock bull / ai to finish bullocks under 24 months without meal

300 day grazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭straight

I'd say you will have to rely on your dreams sonny

It would be a good alternative to the FJ running the sector down every week

Reckless, stupid and illegal

Staging an accident on a public road is bad enough but not seeing any tax or insurance there also, who drinks and drives? Also, who drinks carlsberg out of bottles

Most of those topics are already there, quite a bit of information.

I just thought of that baldyfarmer fellow actually

Having said that an Irish context would be good

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

the breakdown of my audience for the last 28 days is ireland 53%, uk 30%, us 2.3%, netherlands 1.3%, australia 1% after that its under 1%

Advertisement