Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mengele

Farmer Phil really needs that young mechanic lad Robert every Saturday and evenings to belt on with fixing the machinery. Id say there's endless things there to fix and service between tractors, ploughs, loaders, mowers etc. That would free up father Phil to work more on the vintage stuff like the mf 1200 etc which he would probably enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Funny you say that, but I was watching the last video on the paus and I thought I seen the 1200 sitting in the field.

Would like to see a refurb series on it. Hopefully they start soon on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭green daries

Best of luck with it wangler a literal new lease of life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

That's the nature of machinery though. More machines=more problems. Compare their gear to Finnegans, yet Finnegans have a full workshop and a few mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Not much point comparing the two, Completely different scale of enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

Robert works for us most Saturdays and yes there’s a list the length of my arm of things that need attention. The 1200 is next into the workshop and my father loves routing at anything modern or vintage he’s basically spent all of December routing in the workshop at the 6290 and the new work bench and other bits and bobs. He’s like a pig in **** in the workshop😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭893bet

Ifarm has made me want to put up a shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

Wats all to be done with the 6480 Phillip.??? I think she's wasted a bit and ye don't seem to like her for some reason but with her having the loader an all I think she could be used more often especially around the yard with a shear grab or something

The 6480 is the most likely tractor to give trouble if it’s used so none of us want to use it😂 it was my uncle’s tractor and he’s a very hard man on machinery and has it knackered at 7000 hours. The electronics are dodgy from him working with the windows open and clay dust getting into every inch of it. The backend is knackered lift arms, hitch and spools.

the reason it’s not moved in a while is the injector pump came loose and just about fell off on the road. It’s a big job whole front has to come off. Our plan is to get her fixed and left right and trade her again a 76 or 77 with a loader later on in the year or next year

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

@farmerphil135 I hope you get a good commission on any Paus loader sales. Just looking at your videos there, almost 400,000 views of the 8 videos on the loader, which all were very good and mostly painted the loader as a very good option.

From the salesmans point of view, he now has at least 50,000 people, a fair chunk of whom are based in Ireland, who have seen the loader inside out and had all their concerns (strength, ease of use, stability etc) put to bed. I'd be shocked if he doesnt pick up a few sales from your videos. Fair play, the videos are great.

• Advertisement

😂 it’d be nice to get commission but in all seriousness I won’t take money for demoing as I don’t won’t to feel obliged to give a good review.

I know he’s seen huge interest in the loader and even had calls from the uk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Fair play, Its a pity you didn't get the telehandler a bit of tlc when you had the Paus. Maybe your in laws will send you a JCB tele to review next?.

Best of luck with getting the 1200 restored. I hope uncle Ian is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I know the usability of the Paus look's excellent, but I wonder how durable the boom design is? A lot of force acts on the lower anchor point.

And the most important question, what's the change out of €100,000 to buy it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Adrian's video where he went through the history of the farm yard and all the buildings was fantastic. I love videos like that.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't bother putting a dribble bar on the Abbey, if the man with the pipe system is reliable and there is access to a tank with a dribble bar the odd time its needed. IMO, its a lot of money for something that may not be used a whole lot if the contractor will be emptying the bulk of the slurry. Anyway, each to their own.How so the older tanks react to a dribble bar on the back? The center of gravity would probably be a bit off, with the extra weight on the back.

Phil, hope ye got the 6290 done before the slurry started, I guess ye will be flat out now until the end of june with between slurry, tillage and first cut silage.

I was teasing Liv about getting a jcb and she says to me JCB don’t need to send me one😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Did you get the 6290 finished in the shed Phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

@farmerphil135 I see you have something, flat and round on the cab roof of the umbilical tractor, is it something to do with communications or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭cjpm

No not yet waiting for a pipe to come from Massey in France🙄

• Advertisement

It’s the aerials to do with auto steer unit we got to try out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

I ve often wondered which pays better,farming or contracting.you ll probaly say one helps the other but based on economic s and it was either or which would it be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

If they can get the boom to pivot moving at say below 8k/h with a weak force to avoid lads rooting the paus would be a great machine in a stock yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

@farmerphil135 Were you aware of boards.ie farming section before this thread?

Autonomous farming would be a good topic

See the way things are going at John Deere and the company they bought blue river

Contracting all the way. Once your smart and not leaving yourself working for the finance man or the bank there’s a few pound in it and at the end of the day I do a days spreading whether I get paid that evening or in 6 months I still make a few pound on the days work but in farming I buy a calf today I work for 2 years doing the best I can to turn that calf to beef and at the end of it you get told what 2 years work is worth. Break even, make a few pound or loose a few they don’t care. I don’t know is there any kind of farming where we decide what our work is worth unless you go to the end consumer.

i know beef is a good price at the minute but it’s the 1st time since 2016 it’s been this good. Tho as everyone knows costs aren’t exactly the same

I was in passing through google search looking up various things both here and on the forum4farming and others

Just watched Gerry doing his cattle for lice with sheep dip. Never seen that done before. Any one else done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Didn't watch it yet, but heard yesterday about a guy who had a sheep inspection and got a nice cut on his payments because he used a pre-tupping drench that wasn't on the Dept. approved list.

I wouldn't be putting it up on YouTube, that's for sure.....

• Advertisement

@farmerphil135 do you not find the turbo nozzle a bit too aggressive on machinery? I'd only use it when cleaning the sheds as I found it was tearing the decals of the trailers.

Advertisement