Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sperrin Road

Options
  • 28-05-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Me and my partner are planning to start a family soon and are looking at house, though probably not buying until xmas (see how things pan out).

One of the spots we saw was on Sperrin Road, near the luas. Wanted to know what that end of the road was like, we have walked around and saw a youth club close to the house and wondering if it would be a noisy spot, even though it seemed nice a quiet anytime we walked over.

We are on a budget and hoping for a house/garden for the future kids/dog and as a starter home we are easy going on the area but want to know more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Karede

This would probably be my least favourite end of Sperrin Road. In saying that, i was outbid on a house there last year.

The Bosco Youth club is a fantastic place but it does mean groups of teens passing your house a lot. Also that Luas Stop has had a lot of problems (its usually blamed on Drimnagh youth but its the other side of the canal thats the problem)

As im from the area, im used to all of that and it wouldnt make much of a difference to me but if youre not from the area have a good think about it.

On a positive note its close to local shops, links to the city are excellent and beautiful spots like the war memorial gardens are only a 10 minute walk away.

The community are friendly and welcoming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Riki_road

Karede wrote: »
    This would probably be my least favourite end of Sperrin Road. In saying that, i was outbid on a house there last year.

The Bosco Youth club is a fantastic place but it does mean groups of teens passing your house a lot. Also that Luas Stop has had a lot of problems (its usually blamed on Drimnagh youth but its the other side of the canal thats the problem)

As im from the area, im used to all of that and it wouldnt make much of a difference to me but if youre not from the area have a good think about it.

On a positive note its close to local shops, links to the city are excellent and beautiful spots like the war memorial gardens are only a 10 minute walk away.

The community are friendly and welcoming too.

Thats all really good to know.. We thought the place area looked quiet and very nice when we walked around!

For the luas stop problems is it just kids loitering/bored or is it something worse?

Boscos did seem a nice thing to have but was worried about the noise at night etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Karede

When the bridge was 1st built over the canal at the luas there were a number of muggings but i dont believe this has happened for years.

Its teens and even younger causing the problems, messing on luas and trying to intimidate people. Recently there have been a number of racist incidents.

Try follow the local areas residents pages on fb etc and you will get a feel for whats going on.

Advertisement