Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVIII-25,473 in ROI(1,736 deaths) 5,760 in NI (551 deaths)(30/06)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's such spoof. The numbers aren't there to back up that statement. There is a narrative being churned out that isn't working as the numbers just do not indicate there should be any concern anymore in Ireland.

Really?
    No concern?
    (Opening back up + international travel during a pandemic) x SD gone ta **** = a rise in numbers.
    Simple equation chief.
    Numbers are ok at the moment but they will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Silly question - do bars and restaurants etc have social distancing 1 metre 2 metre and so on in the US states that have reopened? If not no wonder they're having a tough time of it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fr336 wrote: »
    Silly question - do bars and restaurants etc have social distancing 1 metre 2 metre and so on in the US states that have reopened? If not no wonder they're having a tough time of it!

Not from pictures on the news, no

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

“We are starting to see a worrying trend, with the number of reported cases increasing, and some new clusters. "

Dr Tony Holohan, 29/06/20

It's such spoof. The numbers aren't there to back up that statement, cases is such a pointless Stát to justify being negative when the ICUs and hospitals are well under capacity and that is the only thing we are worried about. There is a narrative being churned out that isn't working as the numbers just do not indicate there should be any concern anymore in Ireland.

Why would you think the health experts in government would want to keep things negative and restricted? What kind of government doesn't want it's economy to be running nicely? It seems rather paranoid to say there is a negative "narrative" just because.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Looking for some opinions please. My bf lives in Amsterdam. He wants me to come visit him in mid-July when the travel restrictions are eased here. He's pretty confident the Netherlands will be on the green list and that they're safe. I don't doubt that they'll be green listed but unsure about travelling abroad and dealing with airports in general. Would you travel? Has anyone here been in the airport recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

According to BBC breaking news
    The European Union commission has deemed 14 countries safe to let into the EU.
    Algeria
    Australia
    Canada
    Georgia
    Japan
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    New Zealand
    Rwanda
    Serbia
    South Korea
    Thiland
    Tunisia
    Uruguay
    China could yet be added.
    EU border controls are to be lifted from 1st of July for all citizens.
    A qualified majority have singed off more than 55 %
    United States and Brazil not on the travel list
    UK citizens only have free travel till 31st of December .

Government implements faster rate of lifting restrictions: great decision by government, well done, they're the experts

Government warn cases rising again aka simply reporting facts: what do they know, they're so negative, what's their agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Looking for some opinions please. My bf lives in Amsterdam. He wants me to come visit him in mid-July when the travel restrictions are eased here. He's pretty confident the Netherlands will be on the green list and that they're safe. I don't doubt that they'll be green listed but unsure about travelling abroad and dealing with airports in general. Would you travel? Has anyone here been in the airport recently?

If you don't have a significant life threatening pre-existing medical condition, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Can anyone actually think of a genuine reason why 6 people from Iraq decided to come here now?

Skiing holiday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

My local is 2 meters now.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Personally I wouldn't travel, but you are not me obviously :pac: As far as I'm aware the Netherlands has done pretty well and Ireland not too bad so despite me not doing it myself, if you did it wouldn't be the end of the world! Now if you lived in the UK I'd say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Apparently Leicester's restrictions set to be extended. Not sure how that will work. https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1277684118373969920?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Government implements faster rate of lifting restrictions: great decision by government, well done, they're the experts

Government warn cases rising again aka simply reporting facts: what do they know, they're so negative, what's their agenda

Their agenda is to return to sanity while we still can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

From what locations Tony? and how many cases ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

A post on the cases in Sligo..
    Whether true or not I'm not fully convinced, but if so we are headed back for lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

tom1ie wrote: »
    Really?
    No concern?
    (Opening back up + international travel during a pandemic) x SD gone ta **** = a rise in numbers.
    Simple equation chief.
    Numbers are ok at the moment but they will rise.

Based on what? Absolutely nothing. There's a reason we've slowly been reopening the last few weeks. But it is not true that there are concerns currently, the numbers just do not reflect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Why would you think the health experts in government would want to keep things negative and restricted? What kind of government doesn't want it's economy to be running nicely? It seems rather paranoid to say there is a negative "narrative" just because.

Fear of accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

ZX7R wrote: »
    According to BBC breaking news
    The European Union commission has deemed 14 countries safe to let into the EU.
    Algeria
    Australia
    Canada
    Georgia
    Japan
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    New Zealand
    Rwanda
    Serbia
    South Korea
    Thiland
    Tunisia
    Uruguay
    China could yet be added.
    EU border controls are to be lifted from 1st of July for all citizens.
    A qualified majority have singed off more than 55 %
    United States and Brazil not on the travel list
    UK citizens only have free travel till 31st of December .

Morocco! WTAF?

"...25 infections among the 68 occupants of two boats that left Laayoune for Fuerteventura last week."

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/06/27/moroccan-authorities-detain-sub-saharan-migrants-to-test-them-for-covid-19/#.XvpBKyhKhPY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

UsBus wrote: »
    Whether true or not I'm not fully convinced, but if so we are headed back for lockdown

That screenshot feels a bit like those WhatsApp groups we've all left since March

For now anyway

• Advertisement

You know what we could have done? Had a proper China style lockdown for 2 or 3 months. Eradicate the virus within borders and let nobody in or out. Now what do we have? Into month 4 of massive restrictions, economy screwed, no end in sight till 2021. And look at China - how far down the list are they for Covid deaths? And that's with over a billion people. I bet their economy will be ticking over nicely again shortly while we all head for the mother of all recessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They do at the places I've been to or seen. Tables are 6 feet apart and most places have plexiglass screens up at the counters. Youre supposed to stay 6 feet away from other people in general also. All staff wearing masks and customers too once they leave the table. No paper menus, you scan a code and use your phone. I've been for 2 meals out but tbh I'm not gonna bother for a while because the stress of wondering after "what if " just isnt worth it. Problem is, as we've all seen by the pics that the rules arent being followed in some places. If I showed up somewhere to find it that packed I'd leave but obviously loads don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

You're about 3 hours late

UsBus wrote: »
    There was cases confirmed in Sligo hospital last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That screenshot feels a bit like those WhatsApp groups we've all left since March

For now anyway

I hope so, I wouldn't be surprised though. The barber story keeps coming up

Still don't understand why people would prefer more cases and severe economic damage than to wear a face covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

My friend travelled to the Netherlands a few days ago to visit a friend. She said it was all perfectly normal and relaxed and not that much different to flying usually, just the airport is quieter. Just had to sign some stuff for contact details, but no testing or quarantining or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

bb1234567 wrote: »
    My friend travelled to the Netherlands a few days ago to visit a friend. She said it was all perfectly normal and relaxed and not that much different to flying usually, just the airport is quieter. Just had to sign some stuff for contact details, but no testing or quarantining or anything like that

That's reassuring thanks. The whole thing makes me feel anxious but it's helpful to know it's not too bad

Increasing discussion now that there is a considerate proportion of today's cases from Sligo.

• Advertisement

Holland is not a place that I would hesitate to go to, and flying right now, in my experience, has been a quiet, relaxed and socially distanced experience. My understanding of Holland is that you have to fill in forms for contact tracing but no quarantine, and most things are open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement