Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVIII-25,473 in ROI(1,736 deaths) 5,760 in NI (551 deaths)(30/06)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Great that the pent up beer money is being put to good use.

https://twitter.com/eoghanymurphy/status/1277711801598324736?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

And when the pubs are shut down and restrictions re imposed these fcuking muppets will be the first to whinge and moan about the "gubberment".

Like their disengenous bleating about the economy and then straightaway, without any irony, claiming they wouldn't holiday in Ireland - preferring to deny Irish businesses some revenue - when they can hop on a place to some other place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Great that the pent up beer money is being put to good use.

https://twitter.com/eoghanymurphy/status/1277711801598324736?s=20

No date on the receipt is convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

We need the borders closed now, or at least a clamp down on illegal immigration.
    Cluster in Sligo today of 3 families living in 1 House, all infected now. 3 of them in hospital.
    Iraqi and arrived through Belfast via Turkey...
    Supposed to be upwards of 14 within cluster alone.

Thats how it starts but sure illegal immigration and cheap labour is what makes the world go round, am I right minister Coveney and Keelings...

As long as there are cheap sports clothes to be made for pennies or barber shops to be manned for cents this will continue.
    It happened with the Chinese in Northern Italy and the agency double jobbing care staff in Dublin. It won't be ending any time soon.

Coz it's in Facebuke, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Jaysus I thought the obvious fake WhatsApp’s and insta posts would be seen as what they are by now. Like how do people think that Iraqis are coming over to kill us,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just finished watching RTE in James Hospital Covid ward.
    My god the staff are absolute heroes and we all owe them so much respect

And easiest way is for everyone that can to wear a mask on public transport and indoors if they can't social distance. Costs nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Steve F wrote: »
    It was always going to be like this.
    Did anyone really believe people would abide by the rules.
    We know from experience that there are certain types of people that thrive on breaking the rules and boasting about it...they consider it a badge of honour.
    The only way to have avoided it would have been to keep them shut and that was never going to happen....we take our chances now

What should now happen is that any pub that is found to be flouting the health measures should be immediately shut down and have its trading licence revoked permanently. Time for the kid gloves to come off.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Jaysus I thought the obvious fake WhatsApp’s and insta posts would be seen as what they are by now. Like how do people think that Iraqis are coming over to kill us,

At least it seems like the idiots inadvertently discovered what happened to the missing Iraqi chemical weapons.

Arghus wrote: »
    Like their disengenous bleating about the economy and then straightaway, without any irony, claiming they wouldn't holiday in Ireland - preferring to deny Irish businesses some revenue - when they can hop on a place to some other place.

Absolutely. A bunch of ****ing hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Claire Byrne live is just depressing viewing right now. Sam mcconkey basically saying that we're at risk of heading back to where we were a few months ago. Does anyone at all have an answer to this crap, apart from telling us to hibernate till we get a vaccine?

Yes; stop emulating King Cnut (Canute) and trying to hold back the sea. Let nature take it's course. Have the vulnerable isolate, institute wide spread mask wearing, and return to normality, but with a mask.

• Advertisement

Worried about what you think.
    These cowboys were operating a speakeasy at start of lockdown before they were raided.
    Should be ran to the boat in Dublin Port.

Cowboys don't come from the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The only lockdown applicable in an Irish is likely to be the whole of Dublin, should one be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hurrache wrote: »
    Cowboys don't come from the middle east.

You haven't seen how they dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    They missed it. They're down in the pub getting pissed without social distancing with strangers

I'm seeing things on social media tonight with the pubs and various blatant rule breaking and it's only the first day back

We're a nation of alcoholics and this virus thrives on over social people

Can't say I've seen the same, multiple social media posts from people in pubs having a meal out tonight and all sat at tables with no standing, tables spaced correctly etc. The brother is just in from work in a pub as well, no issues there today.

Was out myself during lunch today and didn't see any issues.
    Maybe we've been in the good ones today but haven't seen any non compliance, have seen people talking about it on here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm in bits watching this RTE documentary. Christ almighty.

Can't say I've seen the same, multiple social media posts from people in pubs having a meal out tonight and all sat at tables with no standing, tables spaced correctly etc.

Were all the required measures in place and was everyone following them correctly? What about time limits ? Were they being adhered to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

These numbers are the only ones that matter, seeing them so low is fantastic and testament to the fact that the virus has been managed and controlled in Ireland.

For the moment.
    Think of the bigger picture.

Were all the required measures in place and was everyone following them correctly? What about time limits ? Were they being adhered to?

After your enquiry about my hair cut this morning I was expecting this.

Yes the measures were all in place as per the reopening guidelines. As much as some like to think that plenty of establishments are flouting the rules, thats not the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Yes the measures were all in place

He'll be looking to examine your prostate next.

Yes the measures were all in place as per the reopening guidelines

Well you should be happy I didn`t disappoint you then.:) Good news about the measures being observed anyway. This needs to continue without any breaches.

• Advertisement

Might just add the pub that the brother works in was spot checked by HSA this afternoon and then a HSE environmental health officer this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Maybe we've been in the good ones today but haven't seen any non compliance, have seen people talking about it on here alright.

A Dublin bar got closed down earlier for advertising and then trying to go through with a "24 hour party with live music".

Such arrogance

There's some responsible Publicans in the country. But the stupid ones will set us back

Might just add the pub that the brother works in was spot checked by HSA this afternoon and then a HSE environmental health officer this evening

Where they there checking or for the pints?

The only lockdown applicable in an Irish is likely to be the whole of Dublin, should one be implemented.

Not a chance

For one, thousands of people who live in Kildare and Meath have to drive to and from Dublin for work every day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Arghus wrote: »
    It was harrowing at times, the staff were truly incredible - you could see that it was overwhelming for them too.

Made me think of all them fools in the relaxation of restriction thread, whining that they have to put up with inconvenience, it's just a cold and sure old people were probably going to die anyway. They, if they felt shame, should feel ashamed of themselves.

You get that type of ignorance in all sorts.

Ultimately it's that attitude more than anything that will get the country in to trouble again.

Sure, there was an idiot on Newstalk this morning heading off to Spain who said he had zero intention of keeping safe distance when he got back. Not a bother in the world.

So that's what you're dealing with unfortunately. People that are so disconnected from the gravity of the situation, never mind a basic concept of common sense that it's pointless engaging with them.

Just ignore it would be my advice. It's a small minority of people who think that way. Most people understand and behave responsibly.

Just finished the RTE documentary. Hard watch, very very hard watch. Our healthcare workers are extraordinary.

So do bar staff not have to wear face masks?
    Claire Byrne interviewing Marty Morrissey in the boars head, and both bar staff had no masks on.

Good stat from the documentary.
    UK ICU survival rate is 50%, St. James' is close to 80%.

• Advertisement

Via Reddit
    I've just been watching the news and coverage of a mass from Cavan Cathedral was very disconcerting. Very few of the congregation wearing face masks.

Little to no social distancing on the steps of the cathedral after mass and some attendants actually shaking hands. Bishop elect and clergy without face masks.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting. Not just here, but in the EU in general

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement