Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVIII-25,473 in ROI(1,736 deaths) 5,760 in NI (551 deaths)(30/06)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

polesheep wrote: »
    Why do you insist on relating the UK's problems to Ireland?

Because as far as I'm aware supermarkets aren't much different in Ireland and therefore the same things can and will happen there in the case of a second surge. Those clinging onto things like saying supermarkets are inherintly perfectly safe seem to be taking their cue from the likes of Lidl apparently saying their staff have had very few cases of Covid. What about other companies? It reeks of the lifting the restrictions thread mob. Argue for lifting things, but don't be disingeous about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They take their time with the numbers lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

fr336 wrote: »
    You travelled to every supermarket in the country? Customers gave each other space here too at the height of the lockdown but things have gone rapidly downhill - well actually it's back to normal now. No social distancing whatsoever. If Ireland does have an uptick in cases I'll be interested to see how people are second time around.

You're in the UK right? Can I ask how are you so informed of the behaviour of people in Supermarkets here?
    Everyone I have visited with a few exceptions of idiots people have been doing what's required.

You're in the UK right? Can I ask how are you so informed of the behaviour of people in Supermarkets here?
    Everyone I have visited with a few exceptions of idiots people have been doing what's required.

Yes I was talking about UK supermarkets. I have relatives in Ireland who confirm what you say - the people they see have been good in supermarkets. But that still doesn't make supermarkets safe places to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Excellent idea this, a few more cities and towns would do well to adopt it

https://lovin.ie/amp/cork/outdoor-seating-huge-success-in-cork-as-pubs-and-restaurants-reopen

this would be really great!! That's one of the things that I miss from Greece, that we can sit outside for many months and have a coffee or a meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Yes I was talking about UK supermarkets. I have relatives in Ireland who confirm what you say - the people they see have been good in supermarkets. But that still doesn't make supermarkets safe places to be.

The story you linked to in the UK does not say that the staff got infected in the supermarket. It is possible, of course, but also possible they picked it up elsewhere giving the big outbreak in Leicester. It is also possible some of them live together, and picked it up at home from eachother.

The story doesn't say that any customers got infected.

I don't know if supermarkets or safe or not but the story in Leicester doesn't provide evidence that they are not safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Lidl released figures of 11staff infected with Covid all recovered out of a workforce of 4500 in the ROI. I would say it's quite safe tbh.

1 new death RIP

11 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

1 death 11 cases.
    There is no surge, yesterday was an anomaly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

To be fair, every single person in a hospital rn should be wearing a mask.

To be fair, every medical worker in a hospital probably has a far better grasp of the basics and reality than most internet forum drama queens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

1 new death RIP

11 cases

Good news on the cases doing down again. According to the dashboard, they carried out 4300 tests yesterday so the positivity rate is tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Gael23 wrote: »
    1 death 11 cases.

I even suspect some of those numbers include the Sligo event

Sligo is +10 for yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They take their time with the numbers lately

They have it in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Great news after yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nice to see the numbers down again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Sligo is +10 for yesterday

So, nearly half the national cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Because as far as I'm aware supermarkets aren't much different in Ireland and therefore the same things can and will happen there in the case of a second surge. Those clinging onto things like saying supermarkets are inherintly perfectly safe seem to be taking their cue from the likes of Lidl apparently saying their staff have had very few cases of Covid. What about other companies? It reeks of the lifting the restrictions thread mob. Argue for lifting things, but don't be disingeous about it.

I haven't been to the UK recently to compare, but I can say that Irish people in general have been very observant of social distancing in the supermarket. Outliers excepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Yes, it does. If people are not picking up the virus in particular locations then those locations must surely be safe places. Or do you subscribe to the notion that the virus is waiting around every corner?

Analysis of cases as of midnight Sunday 28th June - 25,462 (+24)

Healthcare Workers +7
    Clusters +0
    Cases associated with clusters +55

Age Range Affected
    0-4 +1
    5-14 No Change
    15-24 +3
    25-34 +5
    35-44 +3
    45-54 +3
    55-64 +2
    65-74 +2
    75-84 +4
    85+ +1

Cases by County
    Donegal +1
    Dublin +5
    Kildare +6
    Leitrim +1
    Mayo +1
    Sligo +10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

1 death 11 cases.

Give it time they didn't swim from Iraq, how many more were on that plane they arrived on.

Do we know the flight details?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

So, nearly half the national cases.

Of where here or Iraq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

1 death 11 cases.

It's best to look at weekly trends I think

Daily ones, unless there's crazy surges of 100 cases, aren't much use when the numbers are this low

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

518360.PNG

Here is the distribution of the 24 cases with the latest county by county information in todays pressrelease, 10 are in Sligo, 11 between Dublin and Kildare.

Minus the Sligo cluster yesterday is +14. +7 if you take out healthcare workers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Give it time they didn't swim from Iraq, how many more were on that plane they arrived on.

Also the bus from Belfast to Sligo and wherever they infected

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cases by County
    Donegal +1
    Dublin +5
    Kildare +6
    Leitrim +1
    Mayo +1
    Sligo +10

Anyone keeping an eye on the county leaderboards while Higgins is on holidays for the week?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

schmoo2k wrote: »
    And this is why places like Italy or doing so well having relaxed lockdown - its when we all move back inside again that we need to be careful (same is true in FL now as summer time means indoors + aircon).[/QUOTE

Yes. The risk of transmission in an outdoor setting seems to be low,
    It will be interesting to see if there is a rise in cases when air travel resumes in earnest. I would count flight time, especially on budget airlines, as having the same effect as being indoors. Temperatures checks before flying won't detect all cases

Not seen a lot of reports about transmission on flights in fairness. Maybe if you sat next to them perhaps, but even then you may not even develop symptoms such is the nature of this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

1 death 11 cases.

What makes you so sure of that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement