Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVIII-25,473 in ROI(1,736 deaths) 5,760 in NI (551 deaths)(30/06)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mean gene wrote: »
    Also the bus from Belfast to Sligo and wherever they infected

They got picked up in a car at the airport from what I understand and the flight arrived in Dublin not Belfast...there are more cases in the wild if they were on a plane for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What makes you so sure of that?
    We know it's a fact. It's a cluster in Sligo. It's all over the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

mean gene wrote: »
    Also the bus from Belfast to Sligo and wherever they infected

Belfast tale was a lie apparently. They were picked up from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

I have no problems cancelling my holidays abroad if the airlines can give me my money back so I can plan my holidays here, I would like some clarification on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Temperatures checks before flying won't detect all cases

The temperature checks feel completely pointless and will miss loads of cases. It's just window dressing by the airlines

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Belfast tale was a lie apparently. They were picked up from the airport.

Dublin airport?

Has that been confirmed?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Dublin airport?

Has that been confirmed?

Yes was in the examiner came from the horses mouth, the barber in Sligo.

Sorry was the examiner

Other family members got themselves tested and it now transpires that up to 14 of them have tested positive.

They include the man’s brother, who had collected him at Dublin Airport, and their older brother and his sister-in-law.

They also include his own mother and an aunt.

Although everybody is “fine” and not showing any symptoms, the man's wife has been hospitalised “as a precaution”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/up-to-14-members-of-the-same-iraqi-family-at-centre-of-covid-cluster-in-sligo-1008362.html

Yes was in the Times came from the horses mouth, the barber in Sligo.

Ah balls

Control the airports better you spineless twats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

What makes you so sure of that?

Jesus, some people want the world to burn. Keep the popcorn in the cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

It's best to look at weekly trends I think

Daily ones, unless there's crazy surges of 100 cases, aren't much use when the numbers are this low

Going by some people on this thread you only look at the weekly trends when there are spikes to reaffirm there's nothing to be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

nocoverart wrote: »

Fasten your seatbelt for wave 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Minus the Sligo cluster yesterday is +14. +7 if you take out healthcare workers.

And 0 if you take out the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I have no problems cancelling my holidays abroad if the airlines can give me my money back so I can plan my holidays here, I would like some clarification on this

Why would the airline refund you - they are offering the service, if you choose not to travel they still have staff to pay.

Saying that they may not operate so stick it out and they may give you a voucher if they cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Sligo is +10 for yesterday

There we go so that cluster has inflated the figures last 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Excellent idea this, a few more cities and towns would do well to adopt it

https://lovin.ie/amp/cork/outdoor-seating-huge-success-in-cork-as-pubs-and-restaurants-reopen
    Good idea but I would get rid of the tablecloths on the right hand side tables just as it may be another potential vector/formite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

We know it's a fact. It's a cluster in Sligo. It's all over the news.

Behind the term cluster are numbers of people with Covid-19 who were more than likely in contact with numerous others before they realised that they were infected.

Don't forget that this all started back in March with clusters here and there, so don't see one day of figures as an indication that this was nothing serious.

We don't know who may have it as a result of this cluster and not realise it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

nocoverart wrote: »

You could say the people wanting to prevent Covid cases spreading nationwide and the associated economic strive everyone has had to ensure want precisely the opposite of the world to burn. Those reckless enough to carry on as normal could be accused of wanting that, however.

Other family members got themselves tested and it now transpires that up to 14 of them have tested positive.

They include the man’s brother, who had collected him at Dublin Airport, and their older brother and his sister-in-law.

From reading that article, the driver caught it from them by just breathing the same air as them in the car. Despite no one in the car showing symptoms

A mental, cunning bástard of a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Minus the Sligo cluster yesterday is +14. +7 if you take out healthcare workers.

Yet Tony was extremely worried

That's mad scaremongering from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Behind the term cluster are numbers of people with Covid-19 who were more than likely in contact with numerous others before they realised that they were infected.

Don't forget that this all started back in March with clusters here and there, so don't see one day of figures as an indication that this was nothing serious.

We don't know who may have it as a result of this cluster and not realise it yet.
    A cluster is a confined set of cases. Isolated cases are an issue, clusters are trackable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Fasten your seatbelt for wave 2.

I'd rather paddle and have a go at surfing and ride the tube.

speckle wrote: »
    Good idea but I would get rid of the tablecloths on the right hand side tables just as it may be another potential vector/formite.

Should be done allover the country, I was in the pub last night and I'd have felt a lot more comfortable outside, no interest in going indoors in a pub now unless it's lashing.

A cluster is a confined set of cases. Isolated cases are an issue, clusters are trackable.

So what is a cluster before it's confined?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

cnocbui wrote: »
    To be fair, every medical worker in a hospital probably has a far better grasp of the basics and reality than most internet forum drama queens.

Oh really? So that’s why they are currently putting up case numbers the equal of the other 5 million people in the population, drama queens included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

From reading that article, the driver caught it from them by just breathing the same air as them in the car. Despite no one in the car showing symptoms

Confined space, it's common knowledge at this stage how risky that is.

So in theory some people on the plane have as well, were back to the same hide it under the carpet crap like the beginning.
    We should have flight details in the paper and anyone who was in contact with anyone on the flight notified, like taxi drivers, bus drivers etc.

GooglePlus wrote: »

When it hit in March everyone was like a deer caught in headlights

Now; track and trace and more are there to better shut down clusters

So in theory some people on the plane have as well, were back to the same hide it under the carpet crap like the beginning.
    We should have flight details in the paper and anyone who was in contact with anyone on the flight notified, like taxi drivers, bus drivers etc.

I'm sure they must've at least traced the plane's passengers

• Advertisement

When it hit in March everyone was like a deer caught in headlights

Now; track and trace and more are there to better shut down clusters

Our track and trace system isn't near where it needs to be, it's been trialled during a lull which came about thanks to severe lockdown measures but it won't match up if there is a resurgence. We just don't have the man power that's needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement