Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVIII-25,473 in ROI(1,736 deaths) 5,760 in NI (551 deaths)(30/06)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Speak Now wrote: »
    The continuing reducing daily case numbers is very positive.

4 weeks from the last bank holiday weekend when we had all the anecdotal stories about street parties, neighbours ignoring restrictions, D reg cards in other coastal counties and how we were f**ked etc etc.

Hopefully the trend continues through the phases.
    I think it's becoming more and more obvious worldwide that outdoor transmission is quite limited or even non-existent. All the facebook warriors will be devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Surely the roadmap cannot be justified in its present form, unless Leo and Holohan wish to fiddle while the country burns around them.

Yet again you're just not getting it. The three week phases are designed to catch any upsurge and it takes that tine to Surface. The figures are where they are because of the managed restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

MD1990 wrote: »
    Think the weather is playing a big part.

People outside where transmission is low & the virus not lasting long on surfaces.

Let's hope we get a good summer. But come September, what then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

This is our second lowest daily case figure since March.

Technically the lowest, as the 37 was a half day report when they changed the reporting window.

Good news.

Technically the lowest, as the 37 was a half day report when they changed the reporting window.

Good news.
    Ah yes, you are correct. Even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

With 2 days to go ROI on course for having less cases and deaths this week than last. Phase two on track and few of the phase 3 stuff could be brought forward all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tony once again - repeating for about the millionth time - that the document isn't a rigid framework and that things could accelerate based on the future growth rate of the visus. It's amazing how so many people on here just ignore the fact that they say this everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Don’t mention that, people just want to stick their head in the sand. Same people who said it’s only a flu....well guess what Einsteins flu season is coming, and guess what’ll be along with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They might recommend making a change to the 5km limit.

screamer wrote: »
    Don’t mention that, people just want to stick their head in the sand. Same people who said it’s only a flu....well guess what Einsteins flu season is coming, and guess what’ll be along with it....

How will it spread more in winter vs in summer??

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    They might recommend making a change to the 5km limit.
    it's supposed to be 20km in phase 2 anyway

Arghus wrote: »
    Tony once again - repeating for about the millionth time - that the document isn't a rigid framework and that things could accelerate based on the future growth rate of the visus. It's amazing how so many people on here just ignore the fact that they say this everyday.

They say it, they won’t do it. Ireland always the best boy even if that means we end up shirtless.

When did Piers Morgan become so sensible?

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1266410015826620424

He realised tories are batsh1t insane and wants to distance himself

How will it spread more in winter vs in summer??

People spend more time indoors during the winter, therefore closer contact between people in confined indoor spaces, compared to the summer where people are out in the air a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »
    RIP, the 6 people who died

Yes RIP

Again I don't see what the issue with RIP the daily deceased, showing respect and sympathy (this is not meant as a dig at branie2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The document itself even says that the framework can be accelerated on the back of purely economic considerations, and Tony H. has said NPHET can be overruled at any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Another wonderful contribution.

Yes it is

People spend more time indoors during the winter, therefore closer contact between people in confined indoor spaces, compared to the summer where people are out in the air a lot more.

Add poor ventilation, lots of heating and you’ve a Petri dish for your viruses. Ideal conditions for spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That the virus has gotten to such a low level, that base level practices of social distancing etc. hygiene etc. prompt contact tracing, public awareness of symptoms etc. will be enough to keep things under control.

If a degree of social distancing is in place come autumn, and less foreign travel continues, I would expect a mild flu season as the r0 for flu is much lower anyway, so a bit of social distancing will really stifle spread

• Advertisement

They say it, they won’t do it. Ireland always the best boy even if that means we end up shirtless.

I don't they'll have much choice. If case numbers continue to drop the media will be calling for it constantly, other politicians will be calling for constantly, businesses will be calling for constantly - there'll be no end to it: it's already started.

People aren't going to wait either. And how will they enforce it? Businesses will take it upon themselves to open up. The forces of law and order can't even properly enforce restrictions as they are now, I don't think they'll become any more zealous or effective going into the future.

lbj666 wrote: »
    That the virus has gotten to such a low level, that base level practices of social distancing etc. hygiene etc. prompt contact tracing, public awareness of symptoms etc. will be enough to keep things under control.

We hope. It takes one case and a bit of complacency and we’re back to where we started in March. I hope people have learned but I see some prize flutes every day who’ve learned nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes it is

Rip to everyone who ever died since the dawn of time and to those who will die in the future. That should just about cover it.:rolleyes:

growleaves wrote: »
    The document itself even says that the framework can be accelerated on the back of purely economic considerations, and Tony H. has said NPHET can be overruled at any moment.

Jesus, my god, are we actually in agreement for once.

Another wonderful contribution.

At least it shows some respect. What did "Another wonderful contribution" add to the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote: »
    Even if they were so minded they couldn't just open everything up at once and there is a logic to the phased easing approach.

I don't expect everything to open at once, I sincerely doubt anyone does. The timeframe of the lifting of all restrictions is ridiculous.

Rip to everyone who ever died since the dawn of time and to those who will die in the future. That should just about cover it.:rolleyes:

To take exception to someone remarking RIP is very, very weird.

That's just sneering and quite insulting. Seriously, show some respect.

I don't expect everything to open at once, I sincerely doubt anyone does. The timeframe of the lifting of all restrictions is ridiculous.

Do you honestly believe that they'll stick to that time frame if case numbers continue to dwindle?

• Advertisement

We hope. It takes one case and a bit of complacency and we’re back to where we started in March. I hope people have learned but I see some prize flutes every day who’ve learned nothing.

A second wave, if it happens will be much slower. Most People will be far more careful for one, not to mention all the measures in place, the lack of mass gatherings and the test and trace capacity we did not have in March will all restrict the spread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement