Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eir really as terrible as the reviews are saying?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

In my experience it's the systems that are bad, their billing system is horrendous and there is not a month in which my bill is correct due to various automatic charges because the system things I have done this or that or has not processed a cancelation etc. .

But once I manage to sit through the 40+ minutes of music and get hold of a human to speak to, they are (at least those I speak to) always extremely helpful, fix whatever the situation is and then clearly set expectations as to when I can see a result including the usual "but you know knowing the system you might need to call in next month".

Customer service has come a long way with Eir in my experience, what let's them down is the horrible systems.

Plus, the "giving 5G" to everyone has significant impact on the 5G quality in my area. For the longest time I got 480 down, now I'm most of the times getting 100 down, but that was always expected once there is load on the masts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

I was considering eir for broadband. I had a couple of questions and spoke with agents in their livechat. On each occasion they asked me for my eircode to "check what was available on my line". As soon as I told them I had already checked this and just had a couple of questions they terminated the chat.

I went with a different ISP because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

I've set my expectations low but does anyone have any advice about how to try speed up our Eir issue? In summary pole came down and needs to be replaced. It's been 7 days. Was told it'd be fixed the 4th but now it needs a works order from the Council and could be 10-15 days apparently. We have no mobile reception at home so pretty cut off. I won't get into all the messing around reps did when I rang but I can't even Lodge a complaint on the phone as the complaints number just goes to the main switch now. I need to try get this escalated and at least get a definite date.

Send an e-mail with your complaint to ccm@eir.ie.

This is the Eir customer complaint account monitored by Comreg.

Usually they respond very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Sadly not, automatic reply that this mailbox is no longer in use and to use the form on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

OP - Do you mean the eir service or the eir customer service??

Eir Customer sevice - Yes (It's as bad as they say)

Eir service - No (Eir TV & broadband works well when setup)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I am going to disagree here and say i have had excellent service from Eir, both in terms of no drop outs and consistant speeds and also customer service.

Recently we had an issue and working from home meant it was essential to resolve.

Got through to a rep within 10 minutes, went through usual questions then they saw a fault on the line and set up a home visit for the following tuesday ( this was friday)

Saturday morning eir tech calls me to let him in , i was at work so i told him i couldn't, he offered to do it sunday instead !

Took a while to sort on the day, router changed for new as it was well outdated, line repaired and tested.

He even rang back days later to check all was ok!

So Eir are ok in my experience. YMMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Zero issues, internet is rock solid and I am getting 100Mbit fibre broadband, Eir TV, home landline, 2 x mobile phones with unlimited data/voice/text, and an Apple TV for €75.96 per month. (eir Complete Broadband, Phone, 4G Mobile & TV package)

Disappointing that e-mail used to work miracles for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Speaking only for myself, Eir are the only company I have ever encountered that I'd go out of my way to ensure anybody I know manages to avoid using.

The worst customer service I have experienced, anywhere, ever. Internet cutting out multiple times per day, which I documented and sent to them, with which they did nothing for months on end. Eventually they told me the proplem was probably at my end and I should restart the modem.

They were unavailable on the phone due to ridiculous wait times, so in the end I had to send a registered letter to cancel. It was a genuine pleasure to do so.

Funnily enough, when they were on Talk To on Boards, the rep I spoke to was perfectly helpful, but everything else was genuinely appalling.

Yes are as bad as ppl say

proof there fir all to see

worst Customer care award again last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I had an issue with my Eir broadband and I had to call them 16 times to try sort it. I spoke with various agents, supervisors, managers, etc. who said they will call me back, but never did. They never got to the bottom of my issue and it took me another 5 calls to close my account.

For some reason they couldn't close my account or provide a reason as to why.

I spoke to a manager on the last call who promised me my account was closed.

But every month since then (has been about 2 years now), I still receive a bill from Eir for €0.00

Sounds like a billing glitch they are inputting something and for some weird reason your account isn’t closing.

Make a formal complaint under GDPR to their data controller and it will close. They’ve no business keeping an account open or holding data for 2 years after you’ve closed the account.

Just send a registered letter address to “The Data Controller” at their head office.

Just explain that you will follow this up in 28 days with a formal complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner if it remains active.

Their systems glitches aren’t your concern, but you should be able to expect to remove your data from their billing systems at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭rn

https://twitter.com/bernardflynn15/status/1488661769291714569?t=uPQEI9DANhDF-PtU6orqCQ&s=19 apparently either Eir have improved or this award hasn't much credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Have no issue with the service. Broadband is rock solid and I work from home and I love that free 4K Apple tv they send you.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

As said the service is great when working but if you ever have an issue, either technicial or billing you're in for a world of pain.

None of the different departments of the company communicate with each other and they will just keep passing you over from one department to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭piplip87

I honestly find putting any service providers modem in bridge mode and connecting the Google Nest WIFI Modem and access points solved the vast majority of connection issues with Vodafone and Eir. The stuff they send out is quite basic and has no range for WIFI

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

There has been intermittent issues over last number of weekends.

I rang EIR last week and guy put me on hold twice without informing me. The 3rd time he put me on hold he hung up. This is the 2nd time EIR have ended the call.

The first half of the call was because my Bill was incorrect - this got sorted but the dashboard is never in sync with the monthly bill.

The 2nd half of the call was to ask them about a deal on a new contract which expires early March. They put me on hold to look into it and then hung up.

I logged a complaint and i got a reply from the Complaints Team today saying we have put you on a a plan for 6 months at €43 and then €60 for the final 6 months. This is absolutely scandalous, i received a welcome pack email to thank me for the new contract. I didnt receive a Call from EIR to ask me if i was agreeing to this new contract which i am not.

The didnt sign the email, its signed Eir Complaints Team.

If anyone works for EIR on here can they please tell me how i can be put on a new contract without my consent?

Thanks

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭growleaves

I was dealing with Eir helpline and the guy on the phone sounded like he had brain damage. He couldn't hold a thought in his head seemingly.

My query eventually got passed on to someone else and dealt with.

They pass u down the line constantly ate obviously untrained and haven’t a clue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Eir own the entire fttc/ftth network and KN Networks do all the installations I was told.

So every bb provider are just reselling the Eir core product.

Yes their customer service is very slow I'd agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Irish_wolf

As other people have suggested. Eir Services are top notch. I do a lot of remote hiking and I nearly always have signal even when my friends on cheaper plans do not, this is the only reason I still use Eir.

But god help anyone who has to actually deal with the company when they do have an issue. The least helpful, most incompetent shower of arseholes I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Was bounced around so many times for months, actual months, before they finally solved the issues I was having because it landed at the desk of the one person with the competence and ability to recognise and solve the problem. But before this I was told things like oh you have to go to your local store because they will be able to solve the problem. Went to the store, they couldn't solve it, told me to ring customer service as it's their problem. Rang customer service and they apologised saying they should have updated my account to reflect the issue so the store can solve it, NOW I should go to the store to get it fixed. I told the girl on the line that I've been to the store already and if I go into that store and they say the same thing again I'm gonna blow a fuse. I'll give you one guess as to what happened when I got to the counter in the shop. Now, I didn't blow a fuse when they said the same thing to me again but I was damn close, got the manager out who sat down and began explaining to me how she couldn't press the button to fix my issue because she wasn't authorised to do so. I literally stood up and walked out of the store without a word and did two laps of the shopping centre trying to calm down before just leaving and going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Rang yesterday as contract was up. Renewed for €25 less than I was on and they will send me out a F3000 router to replace my F1000 free of charge.

All perfectly pleasant and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

EIR have caused my Parents (OAPs) a lot of stress over the last number of days also.

My parents got a package for Broadband and 2 mobile Phone bills.

The EIR guy called to the house without a ladder so could not carry out the job, told my Mam he will be back on Friday.

Never called, my Mam had to call several times and was told its booked in for 25th FEB.

This means the phone part of the contract is active and if the Broadband is not installed within 14 days they wont get the Deal that was agreed.

EIR representing said they would call my Mam but called and when my Mam answered after 3 rings they Hung up. This is just so the EIR person can say they called my Mam.

They really are a DISGRACEFUL Lot to Deal with causing so much stress to people. This is a daily occurance if you go onto Twitter.

The EIR and EIRCARE twitter feeds have turned off Replies so cannot receive feedback. the CEO of EIR should be a shamed how the compay is run.

They’re badly trained clowns ALL

no respect or no fear of losing their jobs

• Advertisement

I’m gone years from that shower but to this v minute I can feel my blood rising in anger

what they did they continue to do

monkeys in fota wildlife park have more empathy and intelligence than the absolute shower of wasters that man their phones

customer needs my hole

Advertisement