Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchase - maximum transfer amount in branch

Options
  • 29-05-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭

Hi
    In relation to the purchase of a house, the final payment to the solicitor (in AIB) will be over €200k.
    I know that there are limits of €10k/20k online, but can you tell me whether there is going to be any limit when I go into the branch to make the transfer to the solicitor?  
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi podgeandrodge, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

If you need to make a transfer that exceeds the amount of the online transfer daily limit on Banking 365 then you’d certainly be able to make this transfer by calling into one of our branches. 

If you call into your local branch with photo ID an Advisor would be more than happy to help. 

I’ve provided a link below to our branches that are open as normal at this time, I hope that it helps. 

https://bit.ly/2XDLMJ7 

At the moment our branch opening hours are 10am to 4pm from Monday to Friday. 

We hope that this information helps. If there is anything else that we can help you with please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks Eve.  Just that someone mentioned to me that BOI branches had a limit of €100k per day?  Can you confirm this is not the case?  Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi podgeandrodge, 

We’ve just looked into this for you and can advise that there would be no upper limit to the amount that you can transfer in branch in one day. 

You should certainly be able to make this transfer in one go in branch. 

I hope that this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Great thanks Eve!

Advertisement