Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 29th. May 2020

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Thanks everyone, enjoyed this, enjoy the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

'Til next time, folks.

Take care of yourselves.

And each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don't thank me for donating, I did the Euromillions instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

AllForIt wrote: »
    I've never seen a Muslim where those colors, or that color rather. She breakin the rules?

Maybe she's an a la carte Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Strangely emotional watching the end of the show tonight wondering what will life be like when it returns after the summer break. I wouldn’t be the biggest fan but they have done a great job with the circumstances the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Have a great summer, folks!

Nos da :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ally Dick wrote: »
    She's actually not a bad soul

ah Sinead is great, everyone should see her preform live at least once

Her eldest son, Jake (the only one I have met) is a thoroughly decent guy. Very polite, very caring person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

walshb wrote: »
    Exactly..

He was like a dirty old man around her. Sleazy!

Wounded bird sort of vibe really nothing to do with sleaze.
    Just for the record GB was a gent and never a DOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Cheerio folks until September and thanks for the laughs. In the immortal words of tubs "We will be back stronger".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Thanks for making this shít bearable folks. Some feat.

Take it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have a good summer folks. See yez in the fall.

Hopefully the next time I see the LLS I'll be coming in after a few post work pints in the boozer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sad the thread is over.

Thanks for the laughs.

I think the series was good - and they handled the Covid as well as they could have. A couple of fantastic musical performances over the weeks - Hozier was unreal.

Covid-19 Late Late

The last Late Late has come and past
    Ryan got sick - but made the last
    Zoom interviews are rubbish , a fake raw deal
    Like sex with PPE - lacks any real feel

So the shake downs are over - I'm sick of charity
    We pay taxes, have government, a television fee
    we spoke to the heroes, Ryan had his say
    But was beaten by poetry, candlelit Imelda May

We had other Covid Recoveries - even Mary Lou (IRA),
    She warned us to avoid this, whatever they say
    No audience or flag waving or humour or laughs
    Just a cough from Ryan - with the swab test with no mask

Then Miraim stepped in, to keep up with the thread
    She did a great job - Ryan nervous in bed
    We all need a wake up call - a kick in the Ass
    To Ryan and The Late Late , we offer, a Hozier Parting glass

Catch all - next year, This year we will put down as an odd year. And start off next year in hope of something better.

Stay Safe - as they say.

Fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

To think I thought this episode would be good. It was disappointing. Most of it was very boring except for the woman who sang earlier and for acknowledging all the frontline workers. I thought Sinead's song was very boring and too long.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Saw Sinead once walking down shop st 80s she was in her bare feet wearing a canvas bag like skirt.. I thought she was cool as F**k herself an Liam o Maonlai casual as ya please just strollin down shop st headin for Eglinton st as cool as ya like them were the days an me heading for Taylors with a sick head long before it became a gentleman's club I was drinkin Guinness them days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Them musicians must be desperate for work to put up with that crazy banshee woman playing her songs from years ago. She must be a nightmare to work with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Can you imagine being in your last legs dying and there is Sinead us there.

I'd be pushing all the button to up morphine.

A nightmare but imagine if Joe Duffy was there asking are you in pain and how does it feel. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Can you imagine being in your last legs dying and there is Sinead us there.

I'd be pushing all the button to up morphine.

A nightmare but imagine if Joe Duffy was there asking are you in pain and how does it feel. :(

Miserappaling Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

jojofizzio wrote: »
    As a “frontline” healthcare worker,I find this kind of embarrassing....this applause and fawning over people who are paid to go in to do their job....the hospitals have been quieter than usual since March and staff have had appropriate PPE(for the most part)....the expected horror of Italy/peak nowhere near materialised and not to be twee,that’s entirely down to the public,not the frontline staff....
    People of Ireland should take a bow,they’re the ones that meant the horror stories didn’t come to pass....
    What a brilliant post! Unfortunately I could only thank it once.
    RTE are nauseating.

Blue Nun. Or just The Nun from the recent series of annabelle horror movie’s??

• Advertisement

That song half way through was utter sh1+e. No start, end or middle. No words, just meandering waaaaahhhhhh. I thought it was never gonna end thankfully it did. I like sigur ros when they make up their own language but this young wan is not at that level. I couldn’t even understand her name, is it something Irish?? She should go back to the choir when mass reopens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Left the thread at 11pm last to watch the Dropkick Murphys live stream from Fenway Park in Boston,cracking show with Bruce Springsteen joining them via video link for two songs near the end.Looks like the only way we are going to have live shows in the short term anyway.
    Hope everyone has a safe and healthy Summer and we are all back for another season in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Did anyone else try making the Colin Farrell secret burger sauce, he mentioned on the show last night (An Australian lad on Youtube)

I made it today and everbody loved it. It'll be the go to sauce anytime we have burgers from now on. I had to tweak it a bit for my own liking.

Thanks everyone on here for a great season of LLS laughs. Have a great summer and keep safe y'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you a link to that Mena?

I'll trade you a tomato sauce recipe for pizza bases or pasta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

sligojoek wrote: »
    Have you a link to that Mena?

I'll trade you a tomato sauce recipe for pizza bases or pasta.

I can barely post, never mind posting links.

The recipe he referred to is on youtube LowCarbLife channel. You scroll down 'til you see 'The ORIGINAL Big Mac sauce' Chris is the lads name. Looks like he has a few nice looking recipes.

Advertisement