Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    In fairness, referring to Derry by that name isn't any more inherently sectarian than us referring to it as Derry.

I'm not sure where you're from Bonnie, but I know plenty of people from the NI Unionist community without a sectarian bone in their body who call it Londonderry.

Referring to the city as "Londonderry" is not inherently sectarian. Of course not.

I thought that was clear from the post in question. Context is what matters. DC was clearly engaging in his typical baiting.

You didn't need to jump to his defence in this instance.

downcow wrote: »
    Bonnie. You have now got so rediculous that you are accusing my iPhone spell check of sectarianism haha. Try typing Martin Maginnis and see what comes up.

MCGUINNESS

Also I type lon and the rest of Londonderry just happens for me.
    If i recall I also used derry in that post (now I had to make the effort to do that)

I'll take, "nonsense" for £1690...

I went into this very recently in a post to explain how it is a figment of your imagination if you think in normal speak that unionists make a conscious effort to say Londonderry.

You no more use Londonderry than I do. Catch on.
    Bonnie, your need for me to be more sectarian than you is pathetic

Shoot the messenger.

Your posts on here drip of sectarianism.

And of course Bonnie knows that the official name of the city has been Londonderry for over 400 years and it is still officially Londonderry today.
    So you are correct, but that’s just bonnies way of dealing with any argument. Shoot the messenger

The official name of Hull is "Kingston-upon-Hull" and has been thus since 1299.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would refer to it that way in the vernacular.

Only the belligerent like yourself bask in this. Pathetic.

Francie that is very disingenuous . It was bonnie that deflected to what derry is called. But I’ll not hold my breath for the apology.

As for the sectarian campaign ending. It was the ira ended it not the British government

You've some neck to demand an apology when you were snared on your clear baiting and sectarian posting style.

I'm still awaiting an apology for your declaration that I stated that Unionists need to be faced down.

Likewise, your disgraceful post:
    Francie and his mates wouldn’t have a problem with the mother and baby disgrace. Sure there were loads of mothers and baby’s being treated very well in the leafy suburbs.
    These guys only need to find a few treated well as concrete evidence that they were all treated well

I'm sure you'll step forward to apologise to Francie...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Not in the South it wouldn’t......

“We dodged a bullet there, lads, literally and metaphorically “

would be the response.

The added bonus would be watching SF/IRA splutter and bluster trying to explain why it was rejected. Would be too funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,210 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The added bonus would be watching SF/IRA splutter and bluster trying to explain why it was rejected. Would be too funny.

I have hears SF say in the past that they don't necessarily expect the first campaign to be successful.

Whaddya think about the NIO meeting with Loyalist paramilitaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Whaddya think about the NIO meeting with Loyalist paramilitaries?

NIO?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

NIO?

According to Google its a Chinese car manufacturer.

Northern Ireland Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

grayzer75 wrote: »
    There's a fair chance a vote in Scotland could trigger the break up of the UK prior to a reunification vote here. So it'll be just a natural progression that unionists will have to accept and get on with it or leave.

Agreed. I think the key here is that brexit has irrevocably changed the whole situation and it is clear that the trends are Scotland going towards full independence and re-joining the EU and alongside that reunification happening in Ireland. Heck there are even some rumblings in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

DC has taken the DUP position. The DUP voted with the Tories on every measure that engineered a hard Brexit, they knew a border had to go somewhere, now they're crying over it being in the Irish Sea and not where it would be unworkable on the 500km non-border with 300 crossings and thousands and thousands of movements back-and-fort daily of people, animals and goods daily.

What DC wants is to watch people on the border suffer because of the DUPs stupidity.

This guy considers himself a 'moderate' Unionist. This is why people think a United Ireland is the only way to bring this shit to an end.

Show me where I suggested a border on the island of Ireland. You are just making stuff up now because you can see the hypocrisy

Show me where I suggested a border on the island of Ireland. You are just making stuff up now because you can see the hypocrisy

The DUP are not saying it out loud. But they can be read like a book.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You've some neck to demand an apology when you were snared on your clear baiting and sectarian posting style.

I'm still awaiting an apology for your declaration that I stated that Unionists need to be faced down.

Likewise, your disgraceful post:

I'm sure you'll step forward to apologise to Francie...

Mod:

BonnieSituation you have been warned about this aggressive style of posting before.

Don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

Boys like Wilson and Paisley idolise Trump, and we know how much he enjoys a good hard border.

It was me you accused of it. Where did I say I wanted a border on the island of Ireland?

Why can’t you just say “sorry I was wrong”

Boys like Wilson and Paisley idolise Trump, and we know how much he enjoys a good hard border.

Lurleen, you didn’t answer me, have you ever listened to Nolan?

Lurleen, you didn’t answer me, have you ever listened to Nolan?

Yes I have.

It was me you accused of it. Where did I say I wanted a border on the island of Ireland?

Why can’t you just say “sorry I was wrong”

You got the wrong man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Wow

Getting dangerous around here...

Lot of anger.

Might have to hit the cot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gytftfx

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Rejecting Unification should a majority wish for it would lead to violence, there is no two ways about it and as such it is a bad idea.

Rejecting democracy isn't the answer for those who support continued partition, making the Union more attractive so that it continues to be democratically supported is.

Reunification will never happen for as long the sky is blue King James will reign in Ulster.

They'll just move the checks to the other side of the Irish Sea or maybe down to Dublin where they'll be glad of the jobs.

The problem for unionist violence is that they're kinda in checkmate. I've been asking here for a decade what the goal of loyalist paramilitaries would be and nobody has an answer.

To fight/put pressure on the IRA it’s not too hard to work out.

Gytftfx wrote: »
    To fight/put pressure on the IRA it’s not too hard to work out.

It weren't the RA that signed up to the Protocol and it wasn't the RA that stood in Belfast and assured Unionists there would be no border in the Irish Sea, nor was it the RA that said 'No Prime Minister could ever do what is being asked'.

Yes I have.

So why say this when I disclose that I listened this morning?
    “ Why would anyone in their right mind do that?”

You got the wrong man.

Apologies Francie. Mistaken identity. It was of course junkyard Tom.
    .....even I can be wrong sometimes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

BonnieSituation's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

So why say this when I disclose that I listened this morning?
    “ Why would anyone in their right mind do that?”

Gosh you're so odd. I listened, thought he was awful, and haven't done so since.

I'm starting to think you're just a very strange troll.

Apologies Francie. Mistaken identity. It was of course junkyard Tom.
    .....even I can be wrong sometimes

ahem.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116134121&postcount=4004

Wow, that's massive, and if you add in 100% of Sinn Fein voters + the majority of SDLP voters, then they will surely be leaving the UK within the next five or ten years?

All the talk is that Sinn Fein will be by far the largest party in NI in the coming years, Nationalists & Republicans will also be in the majority, all this means there can only be one outcome, and that is pulling NI out of Brexitland, and fully integrating with this State.

Yes, I'm sure there will be many who will miss being connected to Britain as they wave goodbye to their NHS, their free dental care, their Pound notes, their Sainsbury's and their Asdas.

... but they'll then finally be free of Britain, and Britain will be free of them!

And we will all live happily ever after, with two totally seperate islands, one Island Irish and 100% in the EU, wjile England & Wales live in Brexitland, while Scotland also leaves the UK and applies to rejoin the EU < head spinning stuff :)

There is absolutely no way for as long as the sky is blue King James will reign in Ulster.

• Advertisement

They pitted Irish people against Irish people, downcow, no regard for the native people wherever they went and they have done it in every colony they had usually while the exploited it for the motherland.
    Yes, you are correct, it was a common trait among colonists.

No there was no “Irish fighting Irish” during the troubles maybe in reference to the Irish civil war they turned the Irish on each other easily when they used Michael Collins as their puppet to take (momentary) control in the Republic as the Irish free state and also implement the irreversible creation of Northern Ireland especially Londonderry even though it is mostly Catholic it’s the most profitable county of Ireland so we may as well add that in lol

Advertisement