Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The border down the Irish Sea and defacto ever closer alignment with ROI is now also in an international agreement.

We can work with this going forward.

Most important thing is that integration is done in as much as possible before Scotland leaves the UK to make things easier.

Absolutely this Kermit. Belligerent Unionism is left yammering away on the sidelines once again as the world moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Mother of god.

So again, why were Sinn Féin relevant to how a DUP bigot acted? Could you not just have condemned them directly without invoking another party?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I only asked if Stormont had translators, then you went on a bit of a rant for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

jh79 wrote: »
    I only asked if Stormont had translators, then you went on a bit of a rant for some strange reason.

Is that what happened? I think otherwise. A question was asked of you and you've repeatedly bypassed it.

Oh look, you're not answering the question again...

Amazing.

jh79 wrote: »

You excused blatant bigotry by asking if a translator was available, as if that would have stopped the bigotry. There was no need for a translator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I'm glad NI is part of the UK.
    I agree that in the event of a vote in favour of a UI the UK has outstanding obligations but beyond that believe Ireland should pay for a UI.
    I doubt there would be much appetite to pitch in financially by the EU,UK or US.

Maybe, maybe not. We saw during your withdrawal from the EU who's side the US took (despite your, 'special relationship' lapdog status), given the history of German unification (the British opposed that too), there may be more appetite than you think within the EU too.

To be clear, I'm talking about financing the reform of NI, not just pumping money into a black hole that you allowed to fester, because I suspect that your comments are related to your weird, 'we f*cked the place so badly no one else can afford it' boast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. We saw during your withdrawal from the EU who's side the US took (despite your, 'special relationship' lapdog status), given the history of German unification (the British opposed that too), there may be more appetite than you think within the EU too.

To be clear, I'm talking about financing the reform of NI, not just pumping money into a black hole that you allowed to fester, because I suspect that your comments are related to your weird, 'we f*cked the place so badly no one else can afford it' boast.

I don't think it is f*cked,I think it's a great place and I'm pleased that the unique position it's in now will mean it remains part of the UK whilst having its cake and eating it,so to speak.

I don't think it is f*cked,I think it's a great place and I'm pleased that the unique position it's in now will mean it remains part of the UK whilst having its cake and eating it,so to speak.

So you're on our side so when it comes to the NI Protocol?

The border down the Irish Sea and defacto ever closer alignment with ROI is now also in an international agreement.

We can work with this going forward.

Most important thing is that integration is done in as much as possible before Scotland leaves the UK to make things easier.

You might have a point there kermit,perfidious sturgeon will fit in well with the nest of vipers in brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Your army has been terrorising the world for years to get what they wanted[/QUOTE]

Stop the whataboutary droid, this is about NI.
    Ireland withdrew it's claim on NI and the ira supposedly disbanded and decommissioned its weapons.NI is still part of the UK, its police and military are the legitimate state representatives there.That is all part of an internationally recognised agreement(as pointed out here frequently).
    The german army was a legimate army in 1940,so does that mean everyrthing they did was ok? Your argument makes no sense

• Advertisement

You might have a point there kermit,perfidious sturgeon will fit in well with the nest of vipers in brussels.

Any parricular reason why you detest the eu so much?

So you're on our side so when it comes to the NI Protocol?

Schoolyard stuff bonnie,what's this about 'sides'?
    After my initial dismay I now believe the protocol ,with a bit of tweaking will work well for NI.

Any parricular reason why you detest the eu so much?

I don't hate the EU,I dislike the bureaucracy of brussels which I believe is trying to control every aspect of EU nations day to day life.

Schoolyard stuff bonnie,what's this about 'sides'?
    After my initial dismay I now believe the protocol ,with a bit of tweaking will work well for NI.

Unbelievable. Right, what sort of tweaking does it need?

The german army was a legimate army in 1940,so does that mean everyrthing they did was ok? Your argument makes no sense

That depends on if you compare the UK to nazi Germany.

I don't hate the EU,I dislike the bureaucracy of brussels which I believe is trying to control every aspect of EU nations day to day life.

Can you give us some examples of what you speak of?

Unbelievable. Right, what sort of tweaking does it need?

The type of tweaking that's probably going to happen in the next week or so(nothing too dramatic as everyone wants to save face),which disgruntled republicans are dreading.

That depends on if you compare the UK to nazi Germany.

I,m not comparing the 2 countries,just the atrocities that they both comitted

Can you give us some examples of what you speak of?

Probably not the right thread bonnie,maybe on the brexit thread down the line.

The type of tweaking that's probably going to happen in the next week or so(nothing too dramatic as everyone wants to save face),which disgruntled republicans are dreading.

And that tweaking is?

• Advertisement

You called them "a nest of vipers" that would denote a hatred of them

Probably not the right thread bonnie,maybe on the brexit thread down the line.

I should've put my house on that response.

WTF?

The 'tweaks' will be the UK using the facilities within the Protocol - which is what they were not doing.

You aren't codding anyone here, you are a Brexiteer masquerading as a Remainer originally. Now you are trying to turn abject defeat for those against the Protocol into some sort of win republicans are dreading.

Hilarious.

You called them "a nest of vipers" that would denote a hatred of them
    I dislike the bureaucrats in brussels,not EU countries.

And that tweaking is?
    Unlike you and francie I haven't got a crystal ball so don't know what's going to happen but I'd guess there will be quiet,behind the scenes agreement on relaxation of the rules .

You excused blatant bigotry by asking if a translator was available, as if that would have stopped the bigotry. There was no need for a translator.

No I didn't, I was just curious if there were translators.

Anyways, why should I care that this time it was the DUP instead of SF other than of course it will be more common in the Republic once SF get into power? As a voter in the Republic I'm more concerned with the bigotry shown by the likes of Boylan, Stanley and Holohan.

WTF?

The 'tweaks' will be the UK using the facilities within the Protocol - which is what they were not doing.

You aren't codding anyone here, you are a Brexiteer masquerading as a Remainer originally. Now you are trying to turn abject defeat for those against the Protocol into some sort of win republicans are dreading.

Hilarious.

These "tweaks" though will be a win for Unionism even if they themselves don't see it. The majority in NI want to be in the UK and the EU. The protocol gives them that.

Unlike you and francie I haven't got a crystal ball so don't know what's going to happen but I'd guess there will be quiet,behind the scenes agreement on relaxation of the rules .

You don't need a crystal ball.

Just look at how Gove went home with his tail between his legs after being told the Protocol was here to stay and that there were facilities within it to ease the problems.

Curiously, the exact thing the British are now saying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

This is the Rob who initially showed up in here claiming to be a, 'curious neutral', who claimed he was against Brexit but kept popping along with this sort of nonsense in the Brexit thread until he got banned from that.

Who says, 'Perfidious Scotland' with all the confidence of someone with no idea of the context of the phrase from which he took inspiration.....who shows up with a few pithy remarks to defend anyone making a statement in favour of the Union, no matter how ludicrous.

Reasonable, honest discussion isn't terribly likely.

So no, you won't address your recent comments in the Brexit thread, Rob. You're banned from it.

• Advertisement

WTF?

Hilarious.

Comito terms that Britain has left the EU and thinking we have to get on with it doesn't mean I'm a brexiteer.
    Disgruntled republicans dread any give and take between the EU and UK as it doesn't fit in with the 'UK over a barrel 'codswallop frequently wheeled out.

Advertisement