Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I don't hate the EU,I dislike the bureaucracy of brussels which I believe is trying to control every aspect of EU nations day to day life.

Can you give some examples of how this nest of vipers as you call them are trying to control every aspect of the eu nations?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    No I didn't, I was just curious if there were translators.

Anyways, why should I care that this time it was the DUP instead of SF other than of course it will be more common in the Republic once SF get into power? As a voter in the Republic I'm more concerned with the bigotry shown by the likes of Boylan, Stanley and Holohan.

All of them criticised by me.(except Boylan whom I am not aware of) Something you don't do, unless it is hauled out of you.
    Insensitivity, sexism, homophobia, bigotry and triumphalism is not unique anywhere, what is unique is those who will not call it out when it happens but will seek to point at others to explain/excuse it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Can you give some examples of how this nest of vipers as you call them are trying to control every aspect of the eu nations?

Bendy bananas all over again. Jesus, did we not see enough of that nonsense during the transition period? Idiots on the likes of O'Brien's show moaning about all the regulations and rules they don't like, but couldn't name one they actually opposed.

Comito terms that Britain has left the EU and thinking we have to get on with it doesn't mean I'm a brexiteer.
    Disgruntled republicans dread any give and take between the EU and UK as it doesn't fit in with the 'UK over a barrel 'codswallop frequently wheeled out.

Rob...I read the Brexit threads everyday...you aren't fooling anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

All of them criticised by me.(except Boylan whom I am not aware of) Something you don't do, unless it is hauled out of you.
    Insensitivity, sexism, homophobia, bigotry and triumphalism is not unique anywhere, what is unique is those who will not call it out when it happens but will seek to point at others to explain/excuse it away.

Don't see the relevance to my post.

If you want to show your opposition to bigotry maybe stop voting for bigots? Actions speak louder than words.

BTW, Boylan made a joke about Trump and Foster, something along the lines of two orange c*nts visiting Ireland

• Advertisement

These "tweaks" though will be a win for Unionism even if they themselves don't see it. The majority in NI want to be in the UK and the EU. The protocol gives them that.

The Protocol gives them that?

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Trying to control vaccines to compensate for their own incompetence is one example.Then the phantom article 16 fiasco just because von der leyen had a hissy fit.

Don't see the relevance to my post.

If you want to show your opposition to bigotry maybe stop voting for bigots? Actions speak louder than words.

BTW, Boylan made a joke about Trump and Foster, something along the lines of two orange c*nts visiting Ireland

Sure you don't see the relevance. Another who thinks this is their first post on here and nobody is aware of their posting history. :rolleyes:

Sure you don't see the relevance. Another who thinks this is their first post on here and nobody is aware of their posting history. :rolleyes:

Same as yourself. You vote for bigots but that's ok because you lightly chastise them on boards.

Same as yourself. You vote for bigots but that's ok because you lightly chastise them on boards.

I don't think Matt Carty is a bigot.

What Stanley said wasn't bigoted either, it was insensitive and clumsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Trying to control vaccines to compensate for their own incompetence is one example.Then the phantom article 16 fiasco just because von der leyen had a hissy fit.

But how is that trying to control all the eu nations? Also if you have such a hatred for them,why would you vote remain?

I don't think Matt Carty is a bigot.

What Stanley said wasn't bigoted either, it was insensitive and clumsy.

So a little bit of bigotry is ok for you? Boylan and Holohan are still in the party. Holohan put forward for mayor after the event.

What is you limit for SF? Murder, criminality, covering up child rape and bigotry have all been excused by you.

I bet you something as benign as wearing a poppy would have you jump ship.

So a little bit of bigotry is ok for you? Boylan and Holohan are still in the party. Holohan put forward for mayor after the event.

What is you limit for SF? Murder, criminality and bigotry have all been excused by you.

I bet you something as benign as wearing a poppy would have you jump ship.

Who have SF murdered?

Is this where we go back to a war/conflict that is 25 yrs in the past now? Nobody I know in SF is involved in criminality.

But lets go down the rabbithole now if it avoids you singling out classic Unionist bigotry.

But lets go down the rabbithole now if it avoids you singling out classic Unionist bigotry.

Why single out one side when both are at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Unlike you and francie I haven't got a crystal ball so don't know what's going to happen but I'd guess there will be quiet,behind the scenes agreement on relaxation of the rules .

You said you wanted tweaks.

You are now happy that this is happening.

Given this you must know what changes you wanted?

Why single out one side when both are at it?

Because you can't bring yourself to do it. That is the only reason.

I dislike the bureaucrats in brussels,not EU countries.

What "bureaucrats" do you dislike? What aspects of their work do you dislike?

No I didn't, I was just curious if there were translators.

Anyways, why should I care that this time it was the DUP instead of SF other than of course it will be more common in the Republic once SF get into power? As a voter in the Republic I'm more concerned with the bigotry shown by the likes of Boylan, Stanley and Holohan.

Dancing on the head of a pin still.

I guess we can take it that you've no problem standing with the DUP in the event of a border poll.

It would have been easier to just answer yes or no to my earlier question rather than continuing to tie yourself up in knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. We saw during your withdrawal from the EU who's side the US took (despite your, 'special relationship' lapdog status), given the history of German unification (the British opposed that too), there may be more appetite than you think within the EU too.

To be clear, I'm talking about financing the reform of NI, not just pumping money into a black hole that you allowed to fester, because I suspect that your comments are related to your weird, 'we f*cked the place so badly no one else can afford it' boast.

The EU has already said that after Irish reunification the 6 counties would immediately be considered part of the EU. No need for applications or any other process.

I have no doubt the EU will be happy to play a significant role in helping with the obvious restructuring process that will need to happen in the years after.

Dancing on the head of a pin still.

I guess we can take it that you've no problem standing with the DUP in the event of a border poll.

It would have been easier to just answer yes or no to my earlier question rather than continuing to tie yourself up in knots.

Well i wouldn't vote for a bigoted party like SF so I hardly vote for their mirror image.

BTW, a border poll isn't a GE, DUP are irrelevant to me.

• Advertisement

You said you wanted tweaks.

You are now happy that this is happening.

Given this you must know what changes you wanted?

I do expect there to be tweaks behind the scenes which will probably streamline procedures.If you actually read my posts I don't pretend to have some secret knowledge about what will happen,I'm expressing my opinion,isn't that what a forum for discussion is all about?Or would you prefer an echo chamber with hive mentality?

What "bureaucrats" do you dislike? What aspects of their work do you dislike?
    I've answered that question earlier and used vaccines and von der leyen as examples bonnie.

I would interject here that while the EU is far from perfect I am happy they take a more proactive approach with legislation. For instance legislation to protect the quality and safety of our food as an example. Unlike say in the US where they get to enjoy chlorinated chicken etc. Something the UK may be subjected to if they sign a trade deal with the US in the future.

You don't need a crystal ball.

Just look at how Gove went home with his tail between his legs after being told the Protocol was here to stay and that there were facilities within it to ease the problems.

Curiously, the exact thing the British are now saying too.

You saying there are facilities within it is your way of convincing yourself brussels aren't about to give ground francie.Classic fare over on the brexit thread when the penny dropped the UK wasn't 'spread eagled over a barrel' begging for mercy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fenzi

Annd9 wrote: »
    Over on the weather forum I have been baffled by the tone of some of your posting , constantly thinking people are out to get you and a general chip on your shoulder . Starting to make sense now !
    He was perma banned for that years ago on here, not sure if his ban has been lifted or not.

He was also banned from the Irish subs on reddit for the same hateful attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

You saying there are facilities within it is your way of convincing yourself brussels aren't about to give ground francie.Classic fare over on the brexit thread when the penny dropped the UK wasn't 'spread eagles over a barrel' begging for mercy. ;)

You'll note the EU have already said that they won't be doing anything until the NI protocol is fully implemented, and the UK have already stated that the NI Protocol will be part of any future trade deals.....

Maybe if you dropped the smug sense of expectation driven by British exceptionalism, you'd be able to discuss this rationally in the appropriate place without getting banned?

Fenzi wrote: »
    He was perma banned for that years ago on here, not sure if his ban has been lifted or not.

He was also banned from the Irish subs on reddit for the same hateful attitude.

Not surprising at all given what I have seen from his posting's here.

On another note this from Tony Connelly was interesting I thought. Looks like the DUP's dream/fantasy of ditching the NI Protocol is out the window.

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1364524075784294405?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1364524075784294405%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058150676page%3D193

Well i wouldn't vote for a bigoted party like SF so I hardly vote for their mirror image.

BTW, a border poll isn't a GE, DUP are irrelevant to me.

And still avoiding the earlier question.

Besides that, as a Partitionist you will stand by the DUP in the event of a border poll. You do understand that? Right?

I do expect there to be tweaks behind the scenes which will probably streamline procedures.If you actually read my posts I don't pretend to have some secret knowledge about what will happen,I'm expressing my opinion,isn't that what a forum for discussion is all about?Or would you prefer an echo chamber with hive mentality?

So you haven't a bull's notion so?

• Advertisement

And still avoiding the earlier question.

Besides that, as a Partitionist you will stand by the DUP in the event of a border poll. You do understand that? Right?

They will be voting in a different border poll, so no.

By the same token if I was to vote yes would I be standing with the bigots in SF?

Advertisement