Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

jh79 wrote: »
    They will be voting in a different border poll, so no.

By the same token if I was to vote yes would I be standing with the bigots in SF?

You're at the point now where you wouldn't give a straight answer to the question- "Is water wet?"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

You're at the point now where you wouldn't give a straight answer to the question- "Is water wet?"!

I condemn all bigots like Stanley, Boylan, Holohan and whoever yer man is in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

So you haven't a bull's notion so?

I can only express my opinion.I don't claim to have inside knowledge unlike some of our resident disgruntled republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

eire4 wrote: »
    The EU has already said that after Irish reunification the 6 counties would immediately be considered part of the EU. No need for applications or any other process.

I have no doubt the EU will be happy to play a significant role in helping with the obvious restructuring process that will need to happen in the years after.

LOL why don't you just say it like trump would.
    We want a UI and everyone else is going to pay for it. ;)

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1364645093269995520

"BREAKING NEWS: EU insists agreements must be kept"

or the Daily Express version

"Brexit BOMBSHELL: EU ORDERS Boris to follow Brussels rules: "we OWN you""

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

The unionist trolls on here speak for very few of us in the north, thankfully. They'll have to open their minds a bit eventually or they'll get left even further behind. Saying NO to everything, all the time, must get pretty tiring.

When did I ever say no to you? Heaven forbid I express my view.

You will not get off with calling me a troll by the way. You don’t just throw that word around when someone disagrees with you.

If they don't want to engage then what else can we do?

This touchy feely crap must stop.

The world and Ireland needs to move on.

Re social conservative parties, they'll coalesce wherever they need to. If bigoted unionist parties morph into socially conservative parties then they will.

That's not up to the rest of us to worry about.

Northern Ireland’s future will be determined by the people here. Not the rest of the world.

I know you and the Irish government have tried to use the EU to bully Unionism and the rest of NI into Irish Unity. However, we in NI will have the last say.

You can’t force us into voting for a United Ireland.

So you move on.

maccored wrote: »
    why should unionists get to hold the north up though? the north voted against brexit - yet the unionists (who voted for it) are now complaining when they got what they wanted. they arent the majority any longer.

Where is the north?

Nationalists do not and are not in charge of Northern Ireland. Everybody gets a say in the running of this country, not one group.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Whether you like it or not,six counties are part of the UK.Its those people living there that you need to convince of the benefits of a UI.Id imagine anyone undecided looking at this thread would be apprehensive Ireland is inhabited by disgruntled,partisan republicans.

They don’t look good when they say that the rest of the world needs to ignore Unionists. As if we should be muffled.

• Advertisement

Why would anyone want to be part of a country where people actively hate you and want to see you beat up and abused?

That is what you are doing here. You HATE Unionism.

https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1364645093269995520

"BREAKING NEWS: EU insists agreements must be kept"

or the Daily Express version

"Brexit BOMBSHELL: EU ORDERS Boris to follow Brussels rules: "we OWN you""

More hatred and nonsense. Evil bitter nonsense that I want no part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Where is the north?
    says the person whose people dont know what Ulster is .... the north is where I was born and raised. Are you getting confused about where the northern part of ireland is? would you like a compass?
    Nationalists do not and are not in charge of Northern Ireland. Everybody gets a say in the running of this country, not one group.

exactly - not just the unionists. about time you made that clear

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They don’t look good when they say that the rest of the world needs to ignore Unionists. As if we should be muffled.

Are you not appalled at the antics of Allister and Foster though, competing with one other to see who can be more humiliated?

Why would anyone want to be part of a country where people actively hate you and want to see you beat up and abused?

That is what you are doing here. You HATE Nationalists.

I fixed your post there to make it actually accurate

maccored wrote: »
    says the person whose people dont know what Ulster is .... the north is where I was born and raised. Are you getting confused about where the northern part of ireland is? would you like a compass?

exactly - not just the unionists. about time you made that clear

I’m sorry? When did I ever utilise the term Ulster to refer to Northern Ireland.

Don’t make gross generalisations about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

RobMc59 wrote: »
    LOL why don't you just say it like trump would.
    We want a UI and everyone else is going to pay for it. ;)

Once again I do have to give you credit for some outstanding trolling there. Even adding in a vile person such as Trump that is trolling of the highest calibre.

Naturally I never said anything of the sort above. I clearly stated that the EU having already stated that the 6 counties would be immediately taken back into the EU as part of Irish reunification would provide significant support in regards to the structural changes this would involve.

Which is what I would expect to happen. The various different EU structural funds have played such an important role in turning Ireland from a net beneficiary of EU money after out joining the EU into the net contributor we are today.

Are you not appalled at the antics of Allister and Foster though, competing with one other to see who can be more humiliated?

No, I quite like Jim Allister, he speaks a lot of sense and does not sugar coat anything. I’m quite frankly tired of people who enjoy participating in one upmanship, arrogance and laughing at people having political set backs or issues with deliveries. Not factoring in that poor choice will affect everyone in Northern Ireland, not just the members of a political party. I can say that the sheer arrogance has put me off ever voting for the Alliance Party again!

It’s definitely not a group of people who I’d want to share a country with - absolutely not!

That is what you are doing here. You HATE Unionism.

Firstly it has nothing to do with unionism and everything to do with buffoons signing up to things and trying to wriggle their way out of their own commitments.

Secondly, you're on boards.ie, whilst there is no hatred around here you kind of have to expect a more Irish tint on issues broadly speaking.

Thirdly, you need to stop being so sensitive. It's the same on the weather forum.

You take things too personally all the time.

I’m sorry? When did I ever utilise the term Ulster to refer to Northern Ireland.

Don’t make gross generalisations about me.

gross generalisations? i was referring to unionism and their claims to 'ulster'. are you denying unionism thinks Ulster is British etc etc?

• Advertisement

I don’t care what the DUP thinks. I don’t vote for them and never use the term Ulster.

It’s ironic though that you’re correcting me after referring to Northern Ireland as the “north”. Do you think you are beyond reproach?

I don’t care what the DUP thinks. I don’t vote for them and never use the term Ulster.

It’s ironic though that you’re correcting me after referring to Northern Ireland as the “north”. Do you think you are beyond reproach?

Is it not in the Northern part?

The DUP arent alone in their bad geography within Unionism

Sorry the official name of my country is Northern Ireland. It’s not “the north” or “the north of Ireland”.

I have never, ever used Ulster to refer to NI and rarely come across people who use that term.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I could be off here, but do many people sincerely give a fook if Ulster becomes part of Ireland?

I already consider the 6 counties to be “ours.” In my heart!

But I have no real desire to see something “official” here..

The way things are now, countries and identity mean a lot lot less than they used to.

Part of the world now!

No, I quite like Jim Allister, he speaks a lot of sense and does not sugar coat anything. I’m quite frankly tired of people who enjoy participating in one upmanship, arrogance and laughing at people having political set backs or issues with deliveries. Not factoring in that poor choice will affect everyone in Northern Ireland, not just the members of a political party. I can say that the sheer arrogance has put me off ever voting for the Alliance Party again!

It’s definitely not a group of people who I’d want to share a country with - absolutely not!

Trust me, nobody is laughing, they are cringing. Unionism leads the north into so many cul-des-sacs oneupmanship is the only way to survive sadly. Imagine if Jim and Arlene had gotten their Hard Brexit if you think the current difficulties are bad?

How do you feel Unionism has done on 'sharing the country' since partition?

Northern Ireland is not yours. You should respect our wishes here and stop trying to take hold of something that doesn’t belong to you, just to one up against the United Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry the official name of my country is Northern Ireland. It’s not “the north” or “the north of Ireland”.

I have never, ever used Ulster to refer to NI and rarely come across people who use that term.

Always be the North to me..

Just like Derry is Derry!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

When did I ever say no to you? Heaven forbid I express my view.

You will not get off with calling me a troll by the way. You don’t just throw that word around when someone disagrees with you.

Yes, you didn't say no to me. I made a comment on unionism in general. But you go ahead and get personally attacked.
    Well Northern Ireland is not your country. You are an outsider and most would see you as so.

Yeah I'll call out a troll when I see one. Either that or you're prepared to stand by posts like the above.

Trust me, nobody is laughing, they are cringing. Unionism leads the north into so many cul-des-sacs oneupmanship is the only way to survive sadly. Imagine if Jim and Arlene had gotten their Hard Brexit if you think the current difficulties are bad?

How do you feel Unionism has done on 'sharing the country' since partition?

There is many examples of patronising behaviour from all sorts of nationalists. Just read Twitter.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I could be off here, but do many people sincerely give a fook if Ulster becomes part of Ireland?

I already consider the 6 counties to be “ours.” In my heart!

But I have no real desire to see something “official” here..

The way things are now, countries and identity mean a lot lot less than they used to.

Part of the world now!

So we could mosey over to England and partition it and nobody would have a prob? :)

Advertisement