Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So we could mosey over to England and partition it and nobody would have a prob? :)

No idea what you’re on about!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    There is many examples of patronising behaviour from all sorts of nationalists. Just read Twitter.

Well, there is patronising behaviour everywhere. Ever listen to Jim or Arlene talking about us? :)

How do you feel Unionism has done on 'sharing the country' since partition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Yes, you didn't say no to me. I made a comment on unionism in general. But you go ahead and get personally attacked.

Yeah I'll call out a troll when I see one. Either that or you're prepared to stand by posts like the above.

Yes I will stand by it. People from the Irish Republic are not from Northern Ireland, they are outsiders and many would see them that way. Especially the further south they’re from.

Well, there is patronising behaviour everywhere. Ever listen to Jim or Arlene talking about us? :)

I don’t vote for any of the parties aside from the UUP.

walshb wrote: »
    No idea what you’re on about!

If country's and identity aren't important could we take a bit of England and call it Ireland?
    They wouldn't mind according to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Northern Ireland is not yours. You should respect our wishes here and stop trying to take hold of something that doesn’t belong to you, just to one up against the United Kingdom.

It isnt yours either in case you havent noticed. Thats at least twice so far youve been acting like youre the gatekeeper of the 6 county statelet in the north of ireland. Up there in the northern part.

I didn't ask you who vote for, I asked you about two people and the comments they make about us?

Are you avoiding this question? Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Northern Ireland’s future will be determined by the people here. Not the rest of the world.

Exactly, it's the right of the people of Ireland to decide their future without outside impediment.
    I know you

Examples please where I have bullied unionism and the North into a UI by using the EU?
    and the Irish government have tried to use the EU to bully Unionism and the rest of NI into Irish Unity.

Examples please where the Irish government have bullied unionism and the North into a UI by using the EU?
    However, we in NI will have the last say.

You sure about that?
    You can’t force us into voting for a United Ireland.

How are you bring forced?

Do you know what the "Principle of Consent" is?

Do you know that it applies to ALL of the citizens? Right?
    So you move on.

You don't have to debate this subject if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to come in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If country's and identity aren't important could we take a bit of England and call it Ireland?
    They wouldn't mind according to you.

Still not with you..

I said a lot less important. Global connection and movement and migration has meant that we are all becoming more as one..

Being Irish now or English or whatever...not the same. Human development changing...all just part of earth!

Why would anyone want to be part of a country where people actively hate you and want to see you beat up and abused?

That is what you are doing here. You HATE Unionism.

How old are you?

This is just pure nonsense. I think we're done here.

• Advertisement

Still not with you..

I said a lot less important. Global connection and movement and migration has meant that we are all becoming more as one..

Being Irish now or English or whatever...not the same. Human development changing...all just part of earth!

Well then Unionists won't mind being in a UI for a 100 years so. Peace out man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

How old are you?

I would say a lot of projection going on there IMHO.

Northern Ireland is not yours. You should respect our wishes here and stop trying to take hold of something that doesn’t belong to you, just to one up against the United Kingdom.

Oh my word. Please make it stop.

eire4 wrote: »
    I would say a lot of projection going on there IMHO.

My brain is itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭trashcan

Oh, right, the Ulster Unionist Party. ;)

I asked before and I'll ask again:

What now for Unionism?
    Boris Johnson backs down as EU says no to demands to reduce Irish Sea border – and DUP says ask for more checks, not less
    More than two weeks after the deadline which Boris Johnson’s government gave the EU to reform the Irish Sea border, a major meeting has passed with no changes to the arrangements.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-backs-down-as-eu-says-no-to-demands-to-reduce-irish-sea-border-and-dup-says-ask-for-more-checks-not-less-3146099

trashcan wrote: »
    Oh, right, the Ulster Unionist Party. ;)

Oops. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fenzi

Yes I will stand by it. People from the Irish Republic are not from Northern Ireland, they are outsiders and many would see them that way. Especially the further south they’re from.
    Sorry the official name of the country is Ireland or Éire. It’s not “the south” or “the Irish Republic”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Always be the North to me..

Just like Derry is Derry!

republicans arguing over whether it`s Londonderry or Derry is funny as you are using the English names for it.Now if you wanted to call it Doire...

RobMc59 wrote: »
    republicans arguing over whether it`s Londonderry or Derry is funny as you are using the English names for it.Now if you wanted to call it Doire...

There was no 'English' word Derry until they came to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The EU/UK have reaffirmed their commitment to fully implement the protocol.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1364662437308485634

It's the deal Boris did. He drove the bus how many times over unionists?

Yet they misfire their anger this direction all the time.

Pram toppled, toys everywhere...

https://twitter.com/AlexKane221b/status/1364666892510760960

The DUP backed Brexit despite everyone warning them of the consequences. They then shot down every solution that would have seen NI treated the same by Theresa May. Then Boris screwed them.

The EU/UK have reaffirmed their commitment to fully implement the protocol.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1364662437308485634

It's the deal Boris did. He drove the bus how many times over unionists?

Yet they misfire their anger this direction all the time.

Shafted again. They now have to go through with the court case or do the humiliating climb down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Jim Allister accusing anyone of belligerence would be infuriating if it wasn't so hilarious. Neck on him like a jockeys b*llocks.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Jim Allister accusing anyone of belligerence would be infuriating if it wasn't so hilarious. Neck on him like a jockeys b*llocks.

Apparently he tells it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Apparently he tells it like it is.

Aye, something like that! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Certainly they are outsiders - they are from another country. The same as I feel and know I am abroad when I am up in the UK. Still being on Ireland doesnt change that fact.

How old are you?

Sorry? I think you need to direct your opinions to Kermit de frog who has put up the Meme.

But don’t use this to deflect away with the patronising behaviours from some Nationalist politicians.

Feel free to disengage from me. You’re not meeting in the middle with me or willing to understand my viewpoints.

It really is your loss as you’re the one that wants the United Ireland.

It's like a collective meltdown. I'm no SF fan but...ridiculous

https://twitter.com/News_Letter/status/1364672691635163142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Sorry? I think you need to direct your opinions to Kermit de frog who has put up the Meme.

But don’t use this to deflect away with the patronising behaviours from some Nationalist politicians.

Feel free to disengage from me. You’re not meeting in the middle with me or willing to understand my viewpoints.

It really is your loss as you’re the one that wants the United Ireland.

Thats hilarious. Accusing people of being patronising. Oh the irony.

Advertisement