Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

What's OWC? Orange Water Closet? Out With Catholics?

Old Wrinkled Catholics

What are you on about downcow? Wound up? Who got wound up?

Francie. Throw away the shovel

downcow wrote: »
    Francie, if you lived in OWC you would never have allowed yourself to get so wound up over, why you got wound up, lol Otherwise your mates would have found your weak link and they’d be onto you Haha

Do you guys,not lose your sh1t over prospects of irish on roadsigns and flags?

I really dont think,yous are in a position to be loling at people for being wound up,over spurious stuff??

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Francie. Throw away the shovel

Thursday night booze bargains in Sainsbury's again? You lost me anyway.

Do you guys,not lose your sh1t over prospects of irish on roadsigns and flags?

I really dont think,yous are in a position to be loling at people for being wound up,over spurious stuff??

You are right. I shouldn’t have been loling Francie just because he got wound up by spurious stuff.

I will try to do better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You are right. I shouldn’t have been loling Francie just because he got wound up by spurious stuff.

I will try to do better

you were obviously 'lolling' in your own head as no-one else noticed it

Thursday night booze bargains in Sainsbury's again? You lost me anyway.

Now that’s a much more OWC response. You must be getting infected by those northerners down the road. You see Blaaz,he does have a humorous side

Old Wrinkled Catholics

says a lot about your mindset as well as intolerance

maccored wrote: »
    you were obviously 'lolling' in your own head as no-one else noticed it

Maccored. I know you like to roll in behind each other against the prod when possible, but I am not convinced you know the mind of all posters. And Blaaz is out of step with you as he noticed

Maccored. I know you like to roll in behind each other against the prod when possible, but I am not convinced you know the mind of all posters. And Blaaz is out of step with you as he noticed

roll in behind against the prod? religion doesnt matter to me. the attitude is what matters. OWC? We had a word for loyalists where I come from. it was a much simpler word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Francie, if you lived in OWC you would never have allowed yourself to get so wound up over, why you got wound up, lol Otherwise your mates would have found your weak link and they’d be onto you Haha

Are you saying that Unionists don't get wound up? :eek:

downcow wrote:
    Old Wrinkled Catholics
    Really enlightening
    Lauren lupkin can say ‘out with Catholics’ and not a word from you.
    You certainly wear your heart on your sleeve

talk to yourself much?

says a lot about your mindset as well as intolerance

Really enlightening

talk to yourself much?

Sometimes it’s the only sensible person I can find to talk to on this thread 😂

Sometimes it the only sensible person I can find to talk to on this thread ��

:D - I did LOL

Sometimes it’s the only sensible person I can find to talk to on this thread ��

Yeh, he's 'always been right' somebody was saying.

Enjoy the few drinks downcow, bit early for me...in the week. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Yeh, he's 'always been right' somebody was saying.

Enjoy the few drinks downcow, bit early for me...in the week. ;)

Not since Janfebmar and Maryishere have we had such insightful commentary. Almost as if, 'they' never left us!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

...edit

Really enlightening

considering i posted your reply before you did, I must be a time traveller or something

This guy, like most of you, has no faith in his unionist politicians. I share some of his scepticism. Fair play to him.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/loyalist-pastor-clifford-peeples-launches-legal-action-against-boris-johnson-over-ni-protocol-3146682%3famp

Apologies. I realise now that you can only see a wee bit of his statement on that link and I would post it all for you but I don’t know if that is within the rules of the forum?
    Anyhow, this is an interesting snipit

“Under the constitution of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, it is the people of Northern Ireland not politicians who have the final say on the constitutional status of Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom”

• Advertisement

This guy, like most of you, has no faith in his unionist politicians. I share some of his scepticism. Fair play to him.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/loyalist-pastor-clifford-peeples-launches-legal-action-against-boris-johnson-over-ni-protocol-3146682%3famp

Apologies. I realise now that you can only see a wee bit of his statement on that link and I would post it all for you but I don’t know if that is within the rules of the forum?
    Anyhow, this is an interesting snipit

“Under the constitution of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, it is the people of Northern Ireland not politicians who have the final say on the constitutional status of Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom”

This is your famed Ace up your Sleeve, backed by the, 'cross party' support of Kate Hoey and some Brexit Party nutter? We can add a (self described?) Loyalist Pastor to your list of intellectual heavyweights now then so?

Much like Arlene's petition, despite all the enthusiasm and smugness, I will predict that it goes absolutely nowhere, namely because I suspect the EU and the British government have better legal advice and a more substantial legal team than a Loyalist Pastor. I could be mistaken, but I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

a culture that enjoys a good laugh at ourselves - not like the irish,

Wait until you see Father Ted.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    This is your famed Ace up your Sleeve, backed by the, 'cross party' support of Kate Hoey and some Brexit Party nutter? We can add a (self described?) Loyalist Pastor to your list of intellectual heavyweights now then so?

Much like Arlene's petition, despite all the enthusiasm and smugness, I will predict that it goes absolutely nowhere, namely because I suspect the EU and the British government have better legal advice and a more substantial legal team than a Loyalist Pastor. I could be mistaken, but I suspect not.

Well, unlike you, I have no idea if this prong will be successful.
    I imagine the pastor is entitled to free legal aid and therefore should have all the legal support he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Not since Janfebmar and Maryishere have we had such insightful commentary. Almost as if, 'they' never left us!

Steady on Fionn,posters were sanctioned for continually suggesting Downcow or I were really Janfebmar ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

The EU yes. But the British govt, no. Boris is such a chancer and would try to bluff his way through anything. Remember proroguing parliament ? He would have signed anything to Get Brexit Done, and to hell with whether its legal or not - that is to be bluffed through another day. I do think there might be something in it.

Well, unlike you, I have no idea if this prong will be successful.
    I imagine the pastor is entitled to free legal aid and therefore should have all the legal support he needs.

As unfortunate as it may be, often with legal advice you get what you pay for.

Can we just clarify that this was indeed the big news you were boasting about a few days ago, and that your idea of cross party support was indeed Kate Hoey and a bloke from the Brexit Party?

The EU yes. But the British govt, no. Boris is such a chancer and would try to bluff his way through anything. Remember proroguing parliament ? He would have signed anything to Get Brexit Done, and to hell with whether its legal or not - that is to be bluffed through another day. I do think there might be something in it.

Oh I don't doubt for a second that Boris would try and chance his arm if he thought he'd get away from it, but that certainly doesn't mean he doesn't have access to vastly superior legal advice. I'd be much more surprised if such a heavily rules based organisation as the EU would knowingly allow legislation that wouldn't hold up to legal scrutiny to pass through, and even more surprised should a random Loyalist Pastor (presumably armed with much more education in theology than law) was able to spot a legal flaw that the EU's harem of lawyers missed.

Not impossible of course, just unlikely.

As unfortunate as it may be, often with legal advice you get what you pay for.

Can we just clarify that this was indeed the big news you were boasting about a few days ago, and that your idea of cross party support was indeed Kate Hoey and a bloke from the Brexit Party?

Nobody has asked the strategic geniuses in Unionism what happens if they win. Anyone prepared to tell us in the Unionist camp?

Nobody has asked the strategic geniuses in Unionism what happens if they win. Anyone prepared to tell us in the Unionist camp?

The dog chasing it's tail metaphor continues to be appropriate. What to do when it catches it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The dog chasing it's tail metaphor continues to be appropriate. What to do when it catches it.

Well like everything in Unionism, they're only against it til they're not.
    So I guess we can use that as a guide.

Advertisement