Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Its impressive,the way this lad devotes so much time and energy to a political party...

While franciebrady (high quality content poster) defends them to hilt,shef attacks incessemtly to extent,if they found cure for cancer,he'd likely complain them about putting doctors outta jobs :pac:

I personally enjoy this fanatical posting,its great to see a different view too

Be somewhat taken aback,if they turn out to be same person :/

I posted once about SF and immediate reaction. I could have guessed the posters. I haven't been on this forum for over two weeks yet you accuse me of devoting my time. Think you need to rethink that one

The bit in bold......:p:p:p

Right...

So it's SF's fault we aren't nearer to a UI than we were in 1998?

And there's me thinking we were closer than ever?

Crocodiles eating curried yogurt is all they are!

What would be an acceptable measure here for you?

Honestly, I couldn't give a shoite about your SF obsession. It's bordering on fanatical at this stage.

Are we closer than ever?

Lets see how close we are when the people of Northern Ireland realise they will have mass unemployment and the people of Rep of Ireland will be hit with more taxes to try and support the North.

Even our friendly SF supporter, when they get a chuck taken out of their social welfare money.

Lets see then how close we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Its impressive,the way this lad devotes so much time and energy to a political party...

While franciebrady (high quality content poster) defends them to hilt,shef attacks incessemtly to extent,if they found cure for cancer,he'd likely complain them about putting doctors outta jobs :pac:

I personally enjoy this fanatical posting,its great to see a different view too

Be somewhat taken aback,if they turn out to be same person :/

In fairness I defend general republican issues rather than SF. I don't defend SF economic policy or some of their social policy dithering.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I posted once about SF and immediate reaction. I could have guessed the posters. I haven't been on this forum for over two weeks yet you accuse me of devoting my time. Think you need to rethink that one

The bit in bold......:p:p:p

Francie is a high quality content poster though??....he posts always politely,informed,factual info....forum.needs more like him

While you were unaware that SF were involved in negociating the GFA,while discussing it in regards to a utd ireland??

Everyone needs on taking a leaf out of that lads book

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,525 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stick to the topic, which is not discussing other users, nor is it raising points of moderation

If you cannot stick to the topic, do not post

• Advertisement

In fairness I defend general republican issues rather than SF. I don't defend SF economic policy or some of their social policy dithering.

Its a disgrace,they have never spoken up for the craigavon two......them 2 shouldnt be in jail,for what evidence was produced

(My ex,who is one person i would trust as regards this,had a -redacted- level of irrational hatred for shinners,but even she said,that conviction isnt safe)

And its one area,i give FF credit for....eamonn o cuiv has at least made some efforts in representing them

Francie is a high quality content poster though??....he posts always politely,informed,factual info....forum.needs more like him

While you were unaware that SF were involved in negociating the GFA,while discussing it in regards to a utd ireland??

Everyone needs on taking a leaf out of that lads book

I bet if you review this entire thread and previous version you will have a large number of posts from a couple of posters. None of which deal with the main issue about a United Ireland

Mass unemployment in Northern Ireland and high tax in Republic of Ireland

If a UI happened tomorrow morning that’s what you would end up with. I personally don’t see why people in north would vote if they know they will end up jobless
    Plus I don’t see why people in Rep would either if they end up with another tax to pay......

Unless SF and DUP sort their sh*t out and move more people out of public employment and bring Northern Ireland on a par with the south they are the issues

Cue name calling in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

I bet if you review this entire thread and previous version you will have a large number of posts from a couple of posters. None of which deal with the main issue about a United Ireland

If a UI happened tomorrow morning that’s what you would end up with. I personally don’t see why people in north would vote if they know they will end up jobless
    Plus I don’t see why people in Rep would either if they end up with another tax to pay......

Unless SF and DUP sort their sh*t out and move more people out of public employment and bring Northern Ireland on a par with the south they are the issues

If a UI happened tomorrow, yes it would be a mess.

Nobody only you is advocating one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tomorrow is in 38min.

It's not likely to happen in such a short timeframe.

If a UI happened tomorrow, yes it would be a mess.

Nobody only you is advocating one tomorrow.

So when Francie? By the current rate of progression I would say sometime in 2070 SF might have done something decent for the people of the north

What’s your time lines?

• Advertisement

So when Francie? By the current rate of progression I would say sometime in 2070 SF might have done something decent for the people of the north

What’s your time lines?

20 yrs Shef. You'll be on here wondering why FF and the DUP have only 6% of the vote between them.

That's the way it's going at the minute.

What’s your time lines?

I'd assume a couple of years after an affirmative vote in a border poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Are we closer than ever?

Lets see how close we are when the people of Northern Ireland realise they will have mass unemployment and the people of Rep of Ireland will be hit with more taxes to try and support the North.

Even our friendly SF supporter, when they get a chuck taken out of their social welfare money.

Lets see then how close we are.

jaysus your really desperate to push the (increasingly incorrect) stereotype, but go you

i find this quite a backward thought process, but it fits in with the ludicrous idea that the path to a UI would happened over a short period of time, rather than a longer, planned out evolution.

instead of viewing a UI as two things stuck together, the idea has to be completely re-done from scratch. nothing is going to happen until the whole country discusses it and figures out what that new Ireland is going to be like and how it will operate.

The north exists mainly because of ego and power, not for having an efficient economy. it cant be made work - which is the big elephant in the corner you seem to be blind to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,550 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maccored wrote: »
    jaysus your really desperate to push the (increasingly incorrect) stereotype, but go you

In my opinion the lad has a valid and pertinent point.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭mehico

How so?

i find this quite a backward thought process, but it fits in with the ludicrous idea that the path to a UI would happened over a short period of time, rather than a longer, planned out evolution.

instead of viewing a UI as two things stuck together, the idea has to be completely re-done from scratch. nothing is going to happen until the whole country discusses it and figures out what that new Ireland is going to be like and how it will operate.

The north exists mainly because of ego and power, not for having an efficient economy. it cant be made work - which is the big elephant in the corner you seem to be blind to.

I don't think UI would happen over a short period. If you followed the thread I have said a few times no point in having a referrendum at the cost of millions till they sort out the basic.

We have the likes of SF on TV going on about a vote on UI and ask them the basic questions and they disappear. Before any referendum the politicians on both sides of border need to sit down, with the UK government and at least have a discussion on how it would work out

Pushing a vote forward which if voted in would see mass unemployment and huge tax increases would be a disaster for Ireland and set both regions back years.

I have said numerous times, if we expect SF to be the party to bring around a UI then we will never have one, they can't even arrange a sit down with the PBP.

It took them 3 years of pi**ing around to get the northern assembly back....not really a party that has any history of negoatiations

I don't think UI would happen over a short period. If you followed the thread I have said a few times no point in having a referrendum at the cost of millions till they sort out the basic.

Your failure to recognise that the 'basic' is a result of the main problem...partition, shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

There is a reason after all that a UI is required.

We have the likes of SF on TV going on about a vote on UI and ask them the basic questions and they disappear.
    Not on my telly and not in my area, they are the organisers of frequent disscussions about this.
    Before any referendum the politicians on both sides of border need to sit down, with the UK government and at least have a discussion on how it would work out

Quite sure that will happen. One of Britain's universities has under taken a study on how it will all work. Links posted already.

Pushing a vote forward which if voted in would see mass unemployment and huge tax increases would be a disaster for Ireland and set both regions back years.

Scaremongering again. A phased UI need not result in anything like that.

I have said numerous times, if we expect SF to be the party to bring around a UI then we will never have one, they can't even arrange a sit down with the PBP.

It took them 3 years of pi**ing around to get the northern assembly back....not really a party that has any history of negoatiations

I can see FF or FG claiming credit alright...there was a poster on here claiming the GFA for Bertie Ahern. :)

Not on my telly and not in my area, they are the organisers of frequent disscussions about this.

Really? when and where?

• Advertisement

So lets remind us of what you posted

According to you, you live in Monghan

How is Cork/London and Letterkenny in your area?

Not sure why you constantly need to lie.

I do see the local Sinn Fein politician in Cavan/Monaghan is really trying to build towards a United Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-candidate-says-video-of-campaign-van-playing-pro-ira-song-may-be-fake-1.4167024

Another example of how pathetic SF are

So lets remind us of what you posted

According to you, you live in Monghan

How is Cork/London and Letterkenny in your area?

Not sure why you constantly need to lie.
    That the best you can come up with? Accuse me of lying about 'frequent discussions when I presented back up?

We have the likes of SF on TV going on about a vote on UI and ask them the basic questions and they disappear. Before any referendum the politicians on both sides of border need to sit down, with the UK government and at least have a discussion on how it would work out

SF arent the party to bring about a UI. The people of Ireland and ALL parties are what will bring a UI

I do see the local Sinn Fein politician in Cavan/Monaghan is really trying to build towards a United Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-candidate-says-video-of-campaign-van-playing-pro-ira-song-may-be-fake-1.4167024

Another example of how pathetic SF are

you and a few others on here seem to post about them an awful lot for a party you hate

what? that unemployed people vote for them? Unemployed people vote for all parties. explain yourself.

you and a few others on here seem to post about them an awful lot for a party you hate

We are talking about a United Ireland. Going around the border area blasting out rebel songs not going to be very welcoming to our Northern Friends is it now?

That the best you can come up with? Accuse me of lying about 'frequent discussions when I presented back up?

So London/Cork/Letterkenny is in your area? :P

So London/Cork/Letterkenny is in your area? :P

Where did I say that?

I said they organise frequent discussions and info meetings about it.
    The whole Brexit debate around the border is organised by them and they included discussions on a UI.

Keep the head in the sand there Shef as much as you wish, but anyone with an eye in their head knows your claims are nonsense.

• Advertisement

We are talking about a United Ireland. Going around the border area blasting out rebel songs not going to be very welcoming to our Northern Friends is it now?

Northern Friends?

Are these some sort of homogenous blob that share no political goals with us?

Perhaps some of our Northern Friends like Rebel songs?

I didn't know we had a Korean-style speaker system blasting the Wolfe Tones at poor unfortunate Loyalists.

It must be at a frequency I can't hear.

Advertisement