Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭downcow

downcow, stop digging on this one. An orange sash? Are you having a laugh?

So Francie why don’t you tell munsterlegend that he is simply wrong and that ni do play matches on a Sunday ??

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-53025527

......and the main complainant LOL
    https://mobile.twitter.com/emeraldunion/status/1271585957079388161

I suppose the very fact this is being raised by you as an issues demonstrates that you accept football operates at a more inclusive level than gaa. You don’t even blink when the gaa get up to all its paramilitary symbolism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    So Francie why don’t you tell munsterlegend that he is simply wrong and that ni do play matches on a Sunday ??

They do their level best not to play on a Sunday having only lifted the ban relatively recently because of a challenge by the Equality Commission.
    They play on a Sunday because they be disqualified if they don't.

Neither Stephen Farry nor Double Decker bars have a sectarian history of hate.

• Advertisement

I suppose the very fact this is being raised by you as an issues demonstrates that you accept football operates at a more inclusive level than gaa. You don’t even blink when the gaa get up to all its paramilitary symbolism

If the GAA are involved in deliberately taunting they'll get just the same amount of criticism from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

More untruths. I have attended several ni international matches on a Sunday. Or maybe you will tell me I am dreaming.

Which is it? A sash or a Uvf shirt. Make up your mind.

The sash across a sports jersey is used by teams across the world (all honouring the orange order lol). Have a look how many gaa shirts have copied same design from football.

As Francis said an orange sash is totally different.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/backlash-as-linfield-consider-ditching-no-sunday-games-rule-38414388.html

How many league matches are played on a Sunday up there?

They do their level best not to play on a Sunday having only lifted the ban relatively recently because of a challenge by the Equality Commission.
    They play on a Sunday because they be disqualified if they don't.

Haha. Anything other than say ML is wrong and DC is correct. Lol

If the GAA are involved in deliberately taunting they'll get just the same amount of criticism from me.

So they should not host Wolfe tonne concerts?
    They should not have pitches named after ‘freedom fighters’?
    They should discipline their players for sectarian abuse of young girls in a band ?
    You condemn the commemoration shirts like proclamation and hunger strikes?
    Etc?

Haha. Anything other than say ML is wrong and DC is correct. Lol

downcow is trying to represent the playing of football on a Sunday as a progressive decision when it was anything but. It was the usual kicking and screaming and 'Never Never Never our culture is under threat' insecure nonsense.

• Advertisement

So they should not host Wolfe tonne concerts?
    How is holding a concert 'deliberately taunting'? Nobody is forcing you to go to a concert to be offended downcow, just like you guys wouldn't force anybody to watch an Orange parade. :)
    They should not have pitches named after ‘freedom fighters’?

Again calling a pitch after somebody who was a club member is not done to taunt, it is done to remember the dead. We have had this debate before. Do you want to live in a place where the dead cannot be remembered? Remove all the memorials?
    They should discipline their players for sectarian abuse of young girls in a band ?
    I think anyone engaging in sectarian abuse should be disciplined.
    You condemn the commemoration shirts like proclamation and hunger strikes?
    Etc?

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Again calling a pitch after somebody who was a club member is not done to taunt, it is done to remember the dead. We have had this debate before. Do you want to live in a place where the dead cannot be remembered? Remove all the memorials?

I think anyone engaging in sectarian abuse should be disciplined.

What?

So if someone named a stadium ‘The Adolf Hitler Memorial Stadium’ you would be fine with that.... remembering the dead, dude, nothing wrong with that.

Adolf played midfield for Leipzig Casuals!
    Do you take people here for fools Francie.

That’s how it seems to this poster.

So if someone named a stadium ‘The Adolf Hitler Memorial Stadium’ you would be fine with that.... remembering the dead, dude, nothing wrong with that.

Surely people are allowed name pitches after whoever they want??

Same as linfield can have their uvf jerseys all they want....but orangemen can hardly cry foul,when catholics dont want to play or attend matches for NI in linfields home ground

Same as linfield can have their uvf jerseys all they want....but orangemen can hardly cry foul,when catholics dont want to play or attend matches for NI in linfields home ground

Of course, but only complete tools and scrotes would think that it would be a good idea.

Can see how it could have traction in NI, in fairness.

They seem to be the type who would go for that kind of strategy.

Would promote unity and friendship certainly, promote mutual respect and camradarie.

Wouldn’t it!

No Brendan I wouldn't do that nor would anyone else. I don't get upset about memorials nor do I think they are put up to deliberately taunt.

The point I was making is that if you wish to stop people commemorating their dead, then it will have to be across the board.

Let's suggest starting with taking down the statue of the man who re-introduced the gun to Irish politics, Carson and go from there?

No Brendan I wouldn't do that nor would anyone else. I don't get upset about memorials nor do I think they are put up to deliberately taunt.

The point I was making is that if you wish to stop people commemorating their dead, then it will have to be across the board.

Let's suggest starting with taking down the statue of the man who re-introduced the gun to Irish politics, Carson and go from there?

Good lad..... start 70 or 80 or so years back.

How about living in the present, dude, and looking forward.

Time to move on buddy, leave the windswept hills to the hoggets

Good lad..... start 70 or 80 or so years back.

How about living in the present, dude, and looking forward.

Time to move on buddy, leave the windswept hills to the hoggets

Eh, Brendi, I wasn't complaining about it. I don't have an issue.

You so reveal yourself in always attacking your boogeymen.

I neither could care less what Linfield do to pathetically try to antagonise, my issue was with somebody trying to pretend it wasn't done in full knowledge of what they were doing.

I neither could care less what Linfield do to pathetically try to antagonise, my issue was with somebody trying to pretend it wasn't done in full knowledge of what they were doing.

Like they are all doing Francois, like they are all doing.

That’s progress for sure.

Even playgrounds I’m led to believe.

Yep... good way to make progress....:cool:

And you come on to scold somebody in your usual way that has no truck with any of that. And ignore somebody who is advocating and excusing it.

As I say typically revealing Brendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Raymond McCreesh is dead almost 40 years, Brendan.

I thought the Carson statue was fine because we have to live in the present and move forward?

Time to move on, buddy.

• Advertisement

downcow is trying to represent the playing of football on a Sunday as a progressive decision when it was anything but. It was the usual kicking and screaming and 'Never Never Never our culture is under threat' insecure nonsense.

Francie to start that nonsense again. I simply pointed out that ML is absolutely categorically wrong when he claimed me beloved team never play on Sunday. Simple

The only one crying was ML. ......and he was wrong

The only one crying was ML. ......and he was wrong

I seen the pics

They are a tribute to.the uvf,

To claim otherwise is just same as trying to claim rain isnt wet

Maybe I am naive Francie but I don’t believe the shirt was designed to honour the Uvf. I can’t believe a football club would do that. If I am wrong then so be it. But unlike you I don’t know the inner thoughts of whoever agreed the shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

For all talk of moving forward etc it doesn’t see anyone in the north or this thread really has

If a club can’t release a jersey without stirring up the wasps nest it tells everyone all we need to know

SF and DUP have failed the voter so far, they haven’t moved on from the Good Friday, it also seems some people in Rep of Ireland are not much better and it’s is a us v them attitude.

It’s a f**king football jersey, people would want to grow up. Actually reminds me of an awful goalkeeper jersey for Shef Wed yeas ago. Are we saying Shef We’d also supported the UVF?

It just show the childish nature of some people on here that anytime they can get the boot in on unionist they’re gloat in it, then in next statement talk about a United Ireland, really your having a laugh, can’t even spell United

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    For all talk of moving forward etc it doesn’t see anyone in the north or this thread really has

If a club can’t release a jersey without stirring up the wasps nest it tells everyone all we need to know

SF and DUP have failed the voter so far, they haven’t moved on from the Good Friday, it also seems some people in Rep of Ireland are not much better and it’s is a us v them attitude.

It’s a f**king football jersey, people would want to grow up. Actually reminds me of an awful goalkeeper jersey for Shef Wed yeas ago. Are we saying Shef We’d also supported the UVF?

It just show the childish nature of some people on here that anytime they can get the boot in on unionist they’re gloat in it, then in next statement talk about a United Ireland, really your having a laugh, can’t even spell United

As I said, I couldn't care less about this club's petty little move, it was somebody coming on here and pretending it was innocent that drew comment from me.
    Linfield are not Shef Wed, they have a history of this kind of antagonistic stuff.

As I said, I couldn't care less about this club's petty little move, it was somebody coming on here and pretending it was innocent that drew comment from me.
    Linfield are not Shef Wed, they have a history of this kind of antagonistic stuff.

Couldn’t care less but spent all day Saturday posting about it?

Could it just be Francie that they read the fashion stuff. Here’s an example.
    “Orange and purple are not contrasting colors; they are analogous colors, because they are close together on the color wheel. They make quite a modern-chic combination in an outfit.”

But no. Francie knows they set out to offend all their catholic players. The idea is simply nuts. And to suggest that a design many teams use across the world, of a diagonal strip is supposed to mimic an orange sash - but only when infield wear it. LOL
    . I see even the rep of ire had a shirt with the very same diagonal strip design. Were they mimicking a sash. Really this is scrapping the barrel

Could it just be Francie that they read the fashion stuff. Here’s an example.
    “Orange and purple are not contrasting colors; they are analogous colors, because they are close together on the color wheel. They make quite a modern-chic combination in an outfit.”

But no. Francie knows they set out to offend all their catholic players. The idea is simply nuts. And to suggest that a design many teams use across the world, of a diagonal strip is supposed to mimic an orange sash - but only when infield wear it. LOL
    . I see even the rep of ire had a shirt with the very same diagonal strip design. Were they mimicking a sash. Really this is scrapping the barrel

People who want to be offended will find something to be offended about....

It’s petty, Linfield could wear any colour under the sun and some people will link it to someone

Same as some teams associated with catholic willl do something and someone else will be offended

As I said, pages and pages on here about a United Ireland. The Good Friday says the people of Ireland must agree to a United Ireland, at the moment the most vocal for a UI are more interested in bickering over petty things

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Couldn’t care less but spent all day Saturday posting about it?

No I didn't Shef...stop the old exaggerating.

Advertisement