Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    Bit unusual for a political party.

Who ever said SF are your usual political party? Particularly in the north.

I hope they never become the same as other main party's here. The uniform of the 'suit' has done enough damage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

If you live in Ireland the same thing happens everytime SF make a mistake, particularly when high in the polls.

All of their own making. Will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the opinion polls.

Personally think the abortion amendment and Paddy "The Hooligan" Holohan debacle will have a greater impact. SF gained a lot of votes from the "woke" left with the "vote left transfer left" campaign. They have been very vocal in their disgust on these f*ck ups. General theme is that SF are just targeting that voter base rather than being a true left and liberal party and of course that Belfast calls the shots.

All of their own making. Will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the opinion polls.

Personally think the abortion amendment and Paddy "The Hooligan" Holohan debacle will have a greater impact. SF gained a lot of votes from the "woke" left with the "vote left transfer left" campaign. They have been very vocal in their disgust on these f*ck ups. General theme is that SF are just targeting that voter base rather than being a true left and liberal party and of course that Belfast calls the shots.

Of course it will affect their poll figure...most of the political outrage is designed to affect that figure.

They have like everyone else been there before.

I hope they never become the same as other main party's here. The uniform of the 'suit' has done enough damage

Bit of an insult to compare the normal ups and downs of any country with the trail of destruction left by the IRA/SF in this country and the UK.

I rather go through a couple of recessions than live through IRA tyranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

downcow wrote: »
    I am sure most southerners, prior to talk of unification, would be interested to know who the ‘black & whites’ are. Hundreds of them invited by Sinn Fein.
    Could anyone help us and explain who they are??
    They seem to turn up at a lot at IRA funerals. Some coincidence alright.

Does anyone else see this other irony but me. The very flipping time it is publicly acceptable to wear a mask no one was wearing one. Not one I saw!

Yet precovid19 many in the Provos wore a republican form of PPE at funerals :D

article-1219044-06C00E82000005DC-575_634x378.jpg

Or this INLA one 2019 with protected black and whites

wis-_Read-Only_%202.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Won’t ever be replaced by the white shirt and black tie, a chara.

When one of your acolytes regales his audience with having ‘broken the State’ and ‘up the RA’ is then promoted to Opposition health spokesman, it kind of shows one what one is dealing with.

Not my opposition.

Keep that for the windswept hills where the dinosaurs and fossils populate.

Of course it will affect their poll figure...most of the political outrage is designed to affect that figure.

They have like everyone else been there before.

I doubt it's just political outrage hence the apology. Plenty of people respected the rules for their own families funerals.

With regards the misogyny and racism from Holohan and the abortion debacle, they had there genesis on social media first before being picked up by the media.

Does anyone else see this other irony but me. The very flipping time it is publicly acceptable to wear a mask no one was wearing one. Not one I saw!

Yet precovid19 many in the Provos wore a republican form of PPE at funerals :D

article-1219044-06C00E82000005DC-575_634x378.jpg

Or this INLA one with protected black and whites

wis-_Read-Only_%202.jpg

The 1st and 3rd guy need a bit more training the salute isn't very convincing.

I doubt it's just political outrage hence the apology. Plenty of people respected the rules for their own families funerals.

With regards the misogyny and racism from Holohan and the abortion debacle, they had there genesis on social media first before being picked up by the media.

Oh come on JH...it's the usual over the top outrage that is blind to the fact that the same mistakes have been made elsewhere.
    What is clear from the election is that the public is well aware when that outrage is genuine and when it is faux for political gain.
    SF made a mistake here but not one that warrants calling for a woman to resign or say attending her friends funeral was a mistake.

Oh come on JH...it's the usual over the top outrage that is blind to the fact that the same mistakes have been made elsewhere.
    What is clear from the election is that the public is well aware when that outrage is genuine and when it is faux for political gain.
    SF made a mistake here but not one that warrants calling for a woman to resign or say attending her friends funeral was a mistake.

My point was that in these cases the outrage is being felt by the public also and it's not just the usual political back and forth that nobody cares about.

COVID and funerals, misogyny and racism are all hot topics in the Republic as i'm sure you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He heheh ..you must think people are total idiots, Francie.

You try to drop it down to ‘ attending a friends funeral’.

Jeez man you have a poor opinion of posters here, that you think you’d get away with that fcuuuhkery.

You have some neck to think that would roll, dude, I’ll have to give you that.

My point was that in these cases the outrage is being felt by the public also and it's not just the usual political back and forth that nobody cares about.

COVID and funerals, misogyny and racism are all hot topics in the Republic as i'm sure you know.

If it was mainly the public, I'd expect call in radio to light up. Did Duffy air even one call about it?

It is mainly political outrage here IMO

If it was mainly the public, I'd expect call in radio to light up. Did Duffy air even one call about it?

It is mainly political outrage here IMO

Dunno about Duffy sure isn't that show mostly auld ones giving out about the tame sex in Normal People?

I'm more coming from the angle that these issues actually affected people so will resonate more unlike for example that idiot td from waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

He heheh ..you must think people are total idiots, Francie.

You try to drop it down to ‘ attending a friends funeral’.

Jeez man you have a poor opinion of posters here, that you think you’d get away with that fcuuuhkery.

You have some neck to think that would roll, dude, I’ll have to give you that.
    We all know Francie is a gob****e but we have to entertain his notions until a suitable village idiot position becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Again you fail to see nuance life is not all kneecapping, bankrobbing, cover ups, and my glorified fallen are better than yours 'nah, nah, nah, nah' and so on.

I have no idea why you quoted me and wrote that. The conflict ended nearly a quarter of a century ago and I'm very glad it did.
    In order to have any sort of a stable UI you will have to make the Unionist tradition feel included.

Indeed we will have a constitution that will enshrine rights for former unionists. Believing contemporary Unionists will have anything to do with a United Ireland before a pro-UI vote just displays your own ignorance of the nuances.
    And the Unionists will take up arms against Republican oppression.

Firstly, Ireland won't be giving Unionists any excuses, and secondly, unionists would have nothing to fight for. A Unionist micro-statelet, or Unionist cantons, would not be viable.

You don't really give this stuff much thought do you? Just over-emotional outbursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Edgware wrote: »
    We all know Francie is a gob****e but we have to entertain his notions until a suitable village idiot position becomes available

That's a bit uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Really? This is what reasonable discourse looks like to you? I might not agree with Francie on a fair few things, but this is blatant trolling. Maybe Francie is a bit further down the waiting list for that vacancy than some...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Yeah inappropriate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Anymore of that and its a ban.

Article outlining all the breaches of the regulations. Some neck on MON to criticise the BLM protests only a month earlier.

Makes you wonder if the SF TD and MLA have a choice when it comes to IRA funerals? Any fool could of predicted the media storm that would inevitably have followed. As Storey once said and Gerry too, "they haven't gone away".

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/sam-mcbride-despite-sinn-feins-trumpian-claims-storey-funeral-involved-least-10-breaches-public-health-advice-2903922

• Advertisement

Article outlining all the breaches of the regulations. Some neck on MON to criticise the BLM protests only a month earlier.

Makes you wonder if the SF TD and MLA have a choice when it comes to IRA funerals? Any fool could of predicted the media storm that would inevitably have followed. As Storey once said and Gerry too, "they haven't gone away".

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/sam-mcbride-despite-sinn-feins-trumpian-claims-storey-funeral-involved-least-10-breaches-public-health-advice-2903922

It was very very demonstratively NOT an IRA funeral...they are distinctly different.

It was very very demonstratively NOT an IRA funeral...they are distinctly different.

So Francie tell us who the black and white shirts are - invites by Sinn Fein - hundreds of them?

That is a very clear article

So Francie tell us who the black and white shirts are - invites by Sinn Fein - hundreds of them?

Members of SF I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Is wearing black and white at a funeral controversial now?

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Is wearing black and white at a funeral controversial now?
    Political party members wearing uniform feels very controversial to me. They are in very interesting company as a political party where party members dress the same.
    Scary stuff!

Members of SF I presume.

So it’s a bit concerning when even you don’t know for sure who these 1,800 people all dressed the same are.
    I wonder who does know?
    Would you not like to know?
    Do you know the message it sends out to the unionist community?
    A great recruiting sergeant for loyalist paramilitaries. They haven’t gone away you know. Ironic that bobby storey was one of the men to say this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So it’s a bit concerning when even you don’t know for sure who these 1,800 people all dressed the same are.
    I wonder who does know?
    A great recruiting sergeant for loyalist paramilitaries. They haven’t gone away you know. Ironic that bobby storey was one of the men to say this

You're getting a fair bit of mileage now out of this.

It's so unlike a beligerent Loyalist to act this way.

I wonder if the Loyalist paramilitaries needed this as their excuse to recruit? I'm sure we'll be seeing shows of force in Carrick next week.

I wonder who does know?

Who hasn't 'gone away'...SF?

Bobby Storey was in the IRA, he didn't go away until last week. What is your point?

I have said this before and I will say it again, there is an agreement in place that has ensured the IRA have gone away as an organisation. I know they will be back if that agreement fails or is broken.
    That is why I fully support the agreement because I don't want the IRA back.

• Advertisement

You're getting a fair bit of mileage now out of this.

It's so unlike a beligerent Loyalist to act this way.

I wonder if the Loyalist paramilitaries needed this as their excuse to recruit? I'm sure we'll be seeing shows of force in Carrick next week.

Bonnie. Let’s be honest and straight with each other.
    If a UDA commander had been buried this week and there were 1,800 men dressed in matching outfits and organised military style. What would you honestly think? Would you suspect that they may be UDA members?
    Be honest with me.
    ....or if you wish substitute UDA for FARC, KKK, Etc

Advertisement