Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Britain's incompetent handling of CV19 is a much greater risk to Ireland than Ireland is to itself. Any rational person would surely see the benefits of having one authority in Ireland who could close the airports/ports and lock Ireland down like they did in NZ.

I think there will be a persistant conversation about that going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

Britain's incompetent handling of CV19 is a much greater risk to Ireland than Ireland is to itself. Any rational person would surely see the benefits of having one authority in Ireland who could close the airports/ports and lock Ireland down like they did in NZ.

Hopefully we can have one island policy when it comes to dealing with opening up a certain amount of air travel. We have already seen clearly that taking an all Ireland approach to the virus has left us much better off then England and maintaining that all Ireland approach would be IMHO the way to go with the airports as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

downcow wrote: »
    Those of you who wanted the Irish Sea closed to protect the island from England’s covid struggles. Do you think we should close the border now to protect NI from ROIs current covid problems?

You'd hem yourself in right? You'd close your borders to Britain as well I'm sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

eire4 wrote: »
    Hopefully we can have one island policy when it comes to dealing with opening up a certain amount of air travel. We have already seen clearly that taking an all Ireland approach to the virus has left us much better off then England and maintaining that all Ireland approach would be IMHO the way to go with the airports as well.

I`m not sure how you come to that conclusion.There were numerous articles about the shocking carry on in Dublin last weekend,no social distancing or face masks.Ni on the other hand has behaved very responsibly.I hope their hard work is`nt ruined by idiots in Dublin not observing guidelines.
    Coupled to this its reported the R number is rising in Ireland so I doubt NI would want an all island approach.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I`m not sure how you come to that conclusion.There were numerous articles about the shocking carry on in Dublin last weekend,no social distancing or face masks.Ni on the other hand has behaved very responsibly.I hope their hard work is`nt ruined by idiots in Dublin not observing guidelines.
    Coupled to this its reported the R number is rising in Ireland so I doubt NI would want an all island approach.

So you'd condone NI banning travel from Britain as well then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Cry me a river. The conflict ended in 1998. That's 22 years ago. Japan, Germany, and Britain, were flattened in WWII and within fewer that 20 years they had rebuilt and were, in every way, better off then they'd ever been before the war.

You can't blame the IRA forever. Big boy pants time now.

Big boy pants lol, / your mouth is far too big for your iq! Same personnel from the Ra and Sf. Same faces different labels

The IRA only commissioned only in 2002 . The IRA still refuse to disclose the whereabouts of missing people . Northern Bank robbery happened after 1998 . Robert McCartney murder happened after 1998

Sinn Fein refuse to cut links with the IRA personnel - naturally Unionist have problems with that , and they won’t want much to do with that . Sf still glorify Bobby Sands and co , you only have had to stand in the Rotunda Mansion House during the 90th Dail Anniversary 2009 to see it . MORE POSTERS ON THE WALL OF Provisional IRA “martyrs” than anyone from 1916-1920 - all the hunger strikers of the 1980 and the scum from Gilbraltar fame

Shinners can’t organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to governance up north . Closing down government over a poxy language act that no one will use

Big boy pants lol, / your mouth is far too big for your iq! Same personnel from the Ra and Sf. Same faces different labels

The IRA only commissioned only in 2002 . The IRA still refuse to disclose the whereabouts of missing people . Northern Bank robbery happened after 1998 . Robert McCartney murder happened after 1998

Sinn Fein refuse to cut links with the IRA personnel - naturally Unionist have problems with that , and they won’t want much to do with that . Sf still glorify Bobby Sands and co , you only have had to stand in the Rotunda Mansion House during the 90th Dail Anniversary 2009 to see it . MORE POSTERS ON THE WALL OF Provisional IRA “martyrs” than anyone from 1916-1920 - all the hunger strikers of the 1980 and the scum from Gilbraltar fame

Shinners can’t organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to governance up north . Closing down government over a poxy language act that no one will use

Any chance you can add substance to your earlier accusation of me reporting your post

Your well able to talk about big boy pants....time to stand over your statements

It looks like more embarrassment and humiliation for SF over their arrogant conduct during the recent funeral of Bobby Storey according to this article.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-northern-ireland-belfast-councillors-vote-for-independent-investigation-into-storey-cremation-39356264.html

Any chance you can add substance to your earlier accusation of me reporting your post

Your well able to talk about big boy pants....time to stand over your statements

Ah, like a good Shinner , deny everything “tell them Nat thing , hi” . There ya go trying to play the victim

Are you ever capable of telling the truth ? I stand over my statement , in full. Something you and Francie are rarely capable of doing

It’s “you’re” or “you are” by the way .

It looks like more embarrassment and humiliation for SF over their arrogant conduct during the recent funeral of Bobby Storey according to this article.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-northern-ireland-belfast-councillors-vote-for-independent-investigation-into-storey-cremation-39356264.html

It will come to nothing as per usual . Shinners will play victim and claim witch hunt . It won’t lose them votes . Their loyal minions will pollute the media outlets in defence .... DUP will turn the blind eye when SF have them by the balls over something else

This ain’t anything new for the party anyway . It’s all a diversion

• Advertisement

Ah, like a good Shinner , deny everything “tell them Nat thing , hi” . There ya go trying to play the victim

Are you ever capable of telling the truth ? I stand over my statement , in full. Something you and Francie are rarely capable of doing

It’s “you’re” or “you are” by the way .

So...infact you just lied,when you said a mod told you i reported a post??

Seems to me,this is v.easy to back up otherwise (screenshot the msg,where it was said and post it)
    All the personal abuse,ad homiem attacks arent going to cover up your lies here.......either back up the accusation,or withdraw it

Big boy pants time now brother.....il.not ask a 4th time....but its clear for all to see,you smear posters who dare hold different views to yous,if you wont back it up

So...infact you just lied,when you said a mod told you i reported a post??

Seems to me,this is v.easy to back up otherwise (screenshot the msg,where it was said and post it)
    All the personal abuse,ad homiem attacks arent going to cover up your lies here.......either back up the accusation,or withdraw it

Big boy pants time now brother.....il.not ask a 4th time....but its clear for all to see,you smear posters who dare hold different views to yous,if you wont back it up

No, no lies . Hard luck Shinner boy ! You guys aren’t that well liked , but ye actually keep this site up Alive with Constant posts every hour for weeks on end, so ye are tolerated

What was said to me was in confidence . Go have a chat with the mods if you want ! Good luck with that !

Personal abuse ? Nope. These are facts .

Sorry that the truth hurts . Ye are complete spoofers of the highest order . Ye know nothing about fact checking , but my god we do enjoy winding ye up with their alternative universe . You do realise that ye Shinner bots, who spend well over 12 hours a day ,7 days a week (and yer post counts prove it) acting like jumped up fools talking about issues that are way outside any qualifications or experience ... time to get new hobbies lads or maybe a job

Ad homeins ? Nope. They come AFTER rebutting the usual bs ye spout . You can’t deal with those statements so, like all Shinners , you cry about someone making a fool of you and Francie

But , like all Shinners, ye pretend /or genuinely believe (Which is worse, but bless ) that It didn’t really happen.

It’s no Coincidence that it’s you, Francie and two others at the most, who are defending Shinners and the movement ,gallantly ,against all others

Remarkable that even the nonsense thread about SF disappearing , which started up in March (to be fair, ye didn’t start that one- but ye sure are continuing it ) is still going strong

For all yer waffling , not one of ye have talked about substantial issues about achieving UI or what to do when it happens. Bald and unsupported claims (Francie) about how it’s improve the economy (and flat out refusals to address his claims - done so by playing victim about bs about abuse )

Nothing about say

1. How many seats for Parliament, where it would sit ,

2. How will Nordies be bribed (it would be required) with lost of Stormont and it’s buildings to Dublin - centre of universe

3. How do we cut the soon to then bloating public sector and civil service, which will become highly politicised between the North and south

4. How do you balance funding like Limerick n Cork and Galway and rural Ireland, when , without doubt, northern towns and cities will need a Bigger leg up - Eu finds will only go so far

5. How to get the peace balls in Belfast down - zero consideration is given to that , zero . The city is still divided

6. Thorny issues of “flegs” and culture - we all rightly disapproved of FG flirting with the idea of honouring RIC men lately

7. Sf dealing with it’s past ie releasing information that it does have on the whereabouts of people’s bodies that are still missing

8. SF continued and unashamed links to IRA personnel and parading the likes of Bobby Sands And Joe O’Neill as one of their own and considering his ilk as if they were heroS , when they petty criminalS responsible for killing innocent people and damaging People’s business property

9. Nordies learning how to govern without the Unionist -Republican and Catholic - Proddie division

10. Nordies losing the NHS

Etc etc

You decide on the outcome of an investigation before it even happens? Why am I not surprised Rob?

No, no lies . Hard luck Shinner boy ! You guys aren’t that well liked , but ye actually keep this site up Alive with Constant posts every hour for weeks on end, so ye are tolerated

What was said to me was in confidence . Go have a chat with the mods if you want ! Good luck with that !

Sorry that the truth hurts . Ye are complete spoofers of the highest order . Ye know nothing about fact checking , but my god we do enjoy winding ye up with their alternative universe . You do realise that ye Shinner bots, who spend well over 12 hours a day ,7 days a week (and yer post counts prove it) acting like jumped up fools talking about issues that are way outside any qualifications or experience ... time to get new hobbies lads or maybe a job

Ad homeins ? Nope. They come AFTER rebutting the usual bs ye spout . You can’t deal with those statements so, like all Shinners , you cry about someone making a fool of you and Francie

But , like all Shinners, ye pretend /or genuinely believe (Which is worse, but bless ) that It didn’t really happen.

It’s no Coincidence that it’s you, Francie and two others at the most, who are defending Shinners and the movement ,gallantly ,against all others

Remarkable that even the nonsense thread about SF disappearing , which started up in March (to be fair, ye didn’t start that one- but ye sure are continuing it ) is still going strong

For all yer waffling , not one of ye have talked about substantial issues about achieving UI or what to do when it happens. Bald and unsupported claims (Francie) about how it’s improve the economy (and flat out refusals to address his claims - done so by playing victim about bs about abuse )

Nothing about say

2. How will Nordies be bribed (it would be required) with lost of Stormont and it’s buildings to Dublin - centre of universe

3. How do we cut the soon to then bloating public sector and civil service, which will become highly politicised between the North and south

4. How do you balance funding like Limerick n Cork and Galway and rural Ireland, when , without doubt, northern towns and cities will need a Bigger leg up - Eu finds will only go so far

5. How to get the peace balls in Belfast down - zero consideration is given to that , zero . The city is still divided

6. Thorny issues of “flegs” and culture - we all rightly disapproved of FG flirting with the idea of honouring RIC men lately

7. Sf dealing with it’s past ie releasing information that it does have on the whereabouts of people’s bodies that are still missing

8. SF continued and unashamed links to IRA personnel and parading the likes of Bobby Sands And Joe O’Neill as one of their own and considering his ilk as if they were heroS , when they petty criminalS responsible for killing innocent people and damaging People’s business property

9. Nordies learning how to govern without the Unionist -Republican and Catholic - Proddie division

Etc etc

Might be a novel concept for you Randy but all the above can be sorted out by negotiation and discussion...it will be the content of an agreement between the British and Irish governments.

The societal/conflict issues you mention above are the issues that an end to partition can help solve.

Because partition caused them.

Nothing about say

Etc etc

So.....we can conclude...from what this rant...you. cant.back up your post claiming mods told you i reported your posts??

Perhaps you can name the mod and i will PM them.myself for clarity.....careful now,as i know 1 IRL....so we can assume its not him

Throw mud all yous want mate,time to be a big boy now and stand over your statements

So.....we can conclude...from what this rant...you. cant.back up your post claiming mods told you i reported your posts??

Perhaps you can name the mod and i will PM them.myself for clarity.....careful now,as i know 1 IRL....so we can assume its not him

Throw mud all yous want mate,time to be a big boy now and stand over your statements

One more time, I said, go and consult with the mods . They will confirm it . ! Go on !! Stop crying , and pretending to be innocent . You ought not to be assuming anything either... loose lips and all that

Oh look, refusing to discuss the ten points and actually discuss with substance , how UI can and should be achieved and what to do once it’s achieved Ie the topic of this thread

You call it a rant . Get a dictionary ,chief, you seriously need it

But hey, Substance is not something you do

One more time, I said, go and consult with the mods . They will confirm it . ! Go on !! Stop crying , and pretending to be innocent . You ought not to be assuming anything either... loose lips and all that

Oh look, refusing to discuss the ten points and actually discuss with substance , how UI can and should be achieved and what to do once it’s achieved Ie the topic of this thread

You call it a rant . Get a dictionary ,chief, you seriously need it

But hey, Substance is not something you do

Mate....you said mods told yous i reported a post of yours.....now this can only been done over PM...of which your unable to provide screenshot??

Now your unable and unwilling to name mod involved.....your claim seems to me to be have no.basis in reality

I see little point in engaging with any pints yous raise,when yous refuse to provide clarity on smears you put about on other posters??

I really cant make it any easier for yous,what mod told yous,i reported your post,and il PM them for clarity surronding this issue......little pint in you ranting and raving until this important issue is clarified first???

Time to be a big boy (as you say yourself)and stand over and clarify your posts

Mate....you said mods told yous i reported a post of yours.....now this can only been done over PM...of which your unable to provide screenshot??

Now your unable and unwilling to name mod involved.....your claim seems to me to be have no.basis in reality

I see little point in engaging with any pints yous raise,when yous refuse to provide clarity on smears you put about on other posters??

I really cant make it any easier for yous,what mod told yous,i reported your post,and il PM them for clarity surronding this issue......little pint in you ranting and raving until this important issue is clarified first???

Time to be a big boy (as you say yourself)and stand over and clarify your posts

Given the level of discourse that Randy is capable of, I find it easier just to zoom past his posts and not engage. It makes it easier.

Given the level of discourse of that Randy is capable of, I find it easier just to zoom last his posts and not engage. It makes it easier.

Its such a simple issue....he could sort this with 1 screenshot or simply name the mod

But wont :confused: ......i find his posts quite amusing,misguided in anger, ignorance of context,but nonetheless an interesting take on events

I must say arlene foster,who often spread discontent and fcuked up badly under brexit

Deserves a bualadh bois for speaking out againest sectarian symbols on bonfires last night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I must say arlene foster,who often spread discontent and fcuked up badly under brexit

Deserves a bualadh bois for speaking out againest sectarian symbols on bonfires last night..

Spreading discontent, fcuking up Brexit, Really?
    Not sure about either of those, but I do know that of all the leaders up there she seems to be the strongest & most forthright. Poor O'Neill got caught out in that whole sad & sorry IRA funeral fiasco, and now she's paying the price by being asked to say sorry, even if she's been told by HQ not to :(

Spreading discontent, fcuking up Brexit, Really?
    Not sure about either of those, but I do know that of all the leaders up there she seems to be the strongest & most forthright.

Mate,she literally led unionists off a cliff and hardened community divisions in ways that will take years to repair over brexit....she fcuked up around covid,to extent the uda and uvf looked to dublin for advice in protecting their communities

Poor O'Neill got caught out in that whole sad & sorry IRA funeral fiasco, and now she's paying the price by being asked to say sorry, even if she's been told by HQ not to

Yous are privy to SF HQ internal communications,how??

Given the level of discourse that Randy is capable of, I find it easier just to zoom past his posts and not engage. It makes it easier.

Another spoofer you dodged dealing with substance when caught out waffling

My god , ye IRA lovers are fierce sensitive when it suits

Its such a simple issue....he could sort this with 1 screenshot or simply name the mod

But wont :confused: ......i find his posts quite amusing,misguided in anger, ignorance of context,but nonetheless an interesting take on events

I have zero reason or obligation to bow down to IRA apologists like you ! You know and I know what you are and what you did

You have been told to talk to the mods , but you Have not . Go on . Maybe they will finally knock sense Into to you

Any other day, the band would be fished out by now because ye four would be running off crying ... oh what surprise since he got called out .

You and Francie seriously help. 12 hours plus a day 7 days a week , posting fantasy on the same topics and making up yer own rules as to facts and proofs ..

I have zero reason or obligation to bow down to IRA apologists like you ! You know and I know what you are and what you did

You have been told to talk to the mods , but you Have not . Go on . Maybe they will finally knock sense Into to you

You have claimed a mod told yous i reported your post....you have been unable to provide proof of this conversation or able to provide name of said mod,for me to further inquires......seems irrational to scream and demand proof off everyone else,when you cant be a big boy and provide proof of your own claims??

Any other day, the band would be fished out by now because ye four would be running off crying ... oh what surprise since he got called out

Im going to need some clarity as to.what the above "paragraph" is about,before i can further interact or respond to it
    You and Francie seriously help. 12 hours plus a day 7 days a week , posting fantasy on the same topics and making up yer own rules as to facts and proofs ..

Only mainly post on weekend mate,but like i taught a screenshot of the conversation,where mod told you i reported your post,was a reasonable burden of proof to expect?

Any other day, the band would be fished out by now because ye four would be running off crying ... oh what surprise since he got called out .

Seriously, what do sentences like this mean? You edited the post so you must be happy with it. Makes not the slightest bit of sense to me.

Correct me if I`m wrong but I thought posting of PM`s from/to mods is`nt allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For all yer waffling , not one of ye have talked about substantial issues about achieving UI or what to do when it happens.

Nothing about say

Etc etc

I agree wholeheartedly with this bit most of those who seem to calling for a UI are doing so with little thought for unintended consequences, or how major issues will be dealt with.

Most of the discussion seems to wheel around to some sort of misty eyed view about a UI - a birthright doctrine. And/or releasing Ireland from the yoke of British oppression in 'the occupied six' and so on. Little thought is given to practicalities of what a UI would mean.

I am reminded of a lyric written by Shane McGowan from the song -If I Should Fall From Grace With God.

Ironically articulated by an Englishman with a faux Irish singing accent. (who tried to be more Irish than the Irish)
    'This land was always ours
    Was the proud land of our fathers
    It belongs to us and them
    Not to any of the others'

This is the Republican mindset in a nutshell no compromise its our land, if you don't like get out. But they are too blinded by doctrine and dogma to see that this attitude actually hinders the prospect of a UI rather than encourages it.

All you get from republicans is the occasional wishy-washy statement about inclusiveness in a UI - but the truth is they are just words it is not what they want.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I agree wholeheartedly with this bit most of those who seem to calling for a UI are doing so with little thought for unintended consequences, or how major issues will be dealt with.

Most of the discussion seems to wheel around to some sort of misty eyed view about a UI - a birthright doctrine. And/or releasing Ireland from the yoke of British oppression in 'the occupied six' and so on. Little thought is given to practicalities of what a UI would mean.

I am reminded of a lyric written by Shane McGowan from the song -If I Should Fall From Grace With God.

Ironically articulated by an Englishman with a faux Irish singing accent. (who tried to be more Irish than the Irish)

This is the Republican mindset in a nutshell no compromise its our land, if you don't like get out. But they are too blinded by doctrine and dogma to see that this attitude actually hinders the prospect of a UI rather than encourages it.

All you get from republicans is the occasional wishy-washy statement about inclusiveness in a UI - but the truth is they are just words it is not what they want.

So you're ONLY Irish if you're born here?

I'd suggest you have a chat with Kevin Kilbane, James Connolly, Jim Larkin Liam MacCarthy and Mick McCarthy in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Yeah they just need to relax, live and let live.
    This is the difference in republicans and the rest.
    They won’t allow the people of NI to self determination.
    I am happy for any group to be in control of their future.
    If the people of the falls road voted to join ROI and ROI agreed to accept them then I would say , fair play let them leave NI and join ROI

Advertisement