Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification? (Part 2) Threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Insightful. You'd honestly think it was only the people in the 6 counties who created the environment for whatever sh*tshow has happened. Total ignorance of history.

Thanks for saying that Brits are welcome to me :D

Stormont is a glorified super council, so the politicians in the north looking like councillors isn't exactly shocking.

Come on. Loads of them are so amateurish in NI as politicians, granted there are few exceptions on both sides. But all are so used to playing 'the game' they forget half the time that they are there to actually serve people! Really frustrating to watch and listen to. :mad:

Atmosphere up North needs to be normalised. When people can start talking about pot holes (not burial grounds) and normal day to day stuff. None of this pantomime dressing up, and provocative orations about the past. Or none of these 'shows of force' at funerals... Only then is NI ready for a border poll.
    I think it is way more distant than people think as a result. This thread proves it.

Plus as for ignorance of history. I am well aware that Republicans were one of the main causes of partition as if they had more insightfulness it would not have happened.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Come on. Loads of them are so amateurish in NI as politicians, granted there are few exceptions on both sides. But all are so used to playing 'the game' they forget half the time that they are there to actually serve people! Really frustrating to watch and listen to. :mad:

Atmosphere up North needs to be normalised. When people can start talking about pot holes (not burial grounds) and normal day to day stuff. None of this pantomime dressing up, and provocative orations about the past. Or none of these 'shows of force' at funerals... Only then is NI ready for a border poll.
    I think it is way more distant than people think as a result. This thread proves it.

Totally agree re the politicans.

If you were to ever visit the north, you'd find that 99% of conversations are about totally normal and not majorly focused on the past. Having lived both sides of the border there is very little in the day to day issues that affect most people. Obviously, as the conflict is fresher in the mins of those up north than it is in the south, it will have a stronger affect.

That's why a discussion is needed from every single stakeholder in this island. Debate can only be good, there doesn't need to be a pre-condition that a debate will lead to a border poll, but what's the point in not discussing something that can be viewed as on the table at the very least.

downcow wrote: »
    Your problem is that deep down you believe that it somehow more proper that the island is united, because it is surrounded by sea.
    I don't believe the United Kingdom would stand in the way of any country who voted by more than 50% today whether that be England Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland.
    I could just as easily say the writing is on the wall for the permanency of Northern Ireland since your country has removed its claim over it.
    Somebody was telling us a few posts ago how the writing has been on the wall now for a century. So if you remain happy with the writing on the wall then we are all honky dorey

Sure its what we were taught at school Gaelic Ireland and so on. Even the old school copy books had a big massive Celtic design on it. It is no wonder it is believed. People were told it long enough either directly or subliminally.
    When in reality the Gaelic overlords could treat the poor just as badly as any Brit did.

I think it is similar to how when African American's think of slavery they always think of them (whites) v us (blacks). When the truth was more complex many black slaves were captured by rival tribes, then sold on to the white fellas.

As long as people still fall for a myth of Celtic Ireland people will always yearn for this holy grail 'a nation once again' It never was a whole nation!

Plus there is no such thing as Celtic really as it was a mixture of a number of tribes - no 'Celts' ever called themselves Celts! All history is given a spin in Ireland based on the recent political history. Which is why you had Republicans going on about an 'Irish Race' and 'family of the Gael'.

If you ever look at the GAA discussion boards on this site. I have found that anyone who uses the term 'Gael' are more often than not, form Ulster. Which is really telling.
    When Dublin play Meath - Dubs do not refer to Meath as Gaels - usually.
    But when Armagh play Tyrone (for example) it is normally 'fellow Gael' this, 'fellow Gaels' that.
    It has been fed into the psyche. And emerges as form of pride to demonstrate how Irish they are.

Which is ingrained and tied into, a birthright myth of a UI etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sure its what we were thought at school Gaelic Ireland and so on. Even the old school copy books had a big massive Celtic design on it. It is no wonder it is believed. People were told it long enough either directly or subliminally.
    When in reality the Gaelic overlords could treat the poor just as badly as any Brit did.

I think it is similar to how when African American's think of slavery they always think of them (whites) v us (blacks). When the truth was more complex many black slaves were captured by rival tribes, then sold on to the white fellas.

As long as people still fall for a myth of Celtic Ireland people will always yearn for this holy grail 'a nation once again' It never was a whole nation!

Plus there is no such thing as Celtic really as it was a mixture of a number of tribes - no 'Celts' ever called themselves Celts! All history is given a spin in Ireland based on the recent political history. Which is why you had Republicans going on about an 'Irish Race' and 'family of the Gael'.

If you ever look at the GAA discussion boards on this site. I have found that anyone who uses the term 'Gael' are more often than not, form Ulster. Which is really telling.
    But when Armagh play Tyrone (for example) it is normally 'fellow Gael' this, 'fellow Gaels' that.
    It has been fed into the psyche. And emerges as form of pride to demonstrate how Irish they are.

No such thing as a 'Briton' or a UKer or a Brit, until people started calling themselves that.

What in heavens name are you on about?

Did you get sucked into the myth of Celts GD? Did you believe the bould Cuchulain was real? Maybe the Dublin Mint suckered you into buying those Jim Fitzpatrick coins and you are bitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Sure its what we were taught at school Gaelic Ireland and so on. Even the old school copy books had a big massive Celtic design on it. It is no wonder it is believed. People were told it long enough either directly or subliminally.

Pure and utter waffle from start to finish. Again, trying to denigrate any strand of Irishness that people may take pride in, once again having a little cosy up to the unionists on this page. You say your impartial, but once again your whole post, like all your posts, is aimed at denigrating those of an Irish persuasion. Where's your long winded posts putting down those of an orange persuasion? Oh ye, if you do that your not progressive right?

We could treat the poor just as bad as the Brits? More whataboutery by putting down your own in favour of whitewashing over anything Britain may have done. Why do you feel so strongly that you think you must take this position over and over again? Because you hate Sinn Fein or some other warped logic?

Is their something wrong with Gaels in the north calling themselves Gaels? It's easy to pontificate about this being some sort of archaic nationalism, when you've personally never had to fight for your right to be Irish. Maybe it's not a demonstration of how Irish they are, maybe they just don't take it for granted, and take pride in being Irish? But I guess you'd know nothing about that. Some have it cosy down south, easy to preach from the sidelines. Maybe you should try looking at things for once from the point of view of the Irish in the north, instead of bending over backwards to seem accommodating to unionism to get a pat on the back and to be told what a great progressive fella you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I don’t know where you went to school or when but I was never taught about island unification in school. We were obviously in my times advised on articles 2 & 3 but by the way you are going on you would think there was a government directed programme to brainwash the citizens to fight for a United Ireland.

British history in Ireland is in a lot of ways shameful as is most of colonial history. It’s based on superiority. The same thought process continued in South Africa and in the north where unionism still can’t consider nationalists their equals in certain quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I'll continue to remind you that the bigoted sectarian and belligerent part of your 'culture' is 'rotten'. The society you created after partition was 'rotten'.

An International Agreement between two sovereign countries had to be created above your heads to fix that society. A whole Commission had to be established to get your community to recognise the issues surrounding the expression of your 'culture'. Your own OO is dying out because decent unionists do not want any association with it's archaic religious sectarianism and bigotry.

For once you could have the self awareness to thank them (the Parades Commission) for allowing you a base to celebrate your culture with respect for others.

Nobody has an issue with your culture when you do this as we have seen.
    nonsense Francie. Firstly the international agreement was to stop people killing each other here, and in reality that means stopping the IRA killing, because most of the rest of the killings were in reaction to their sectarianism.

Of course the OO is dying out. Every archaic organisation from the churches to the AOH, the Masonic to the gentlemens clubs are all dying out. TBH the OO is bucking the trend by dying out very very slowly. The loyalist band scene has never been stronger and is growing and very attractive to young people.
    This is what I have argued all along is that cultures should be allowed to evolve. This is why money should not be pumped into what the great at the good or the gatekeepers decide what should be our culture. The loyalist band's should rise or fall on the interest and energy of those wanting to be involved in the should not be propped up with money from government, nor should the OO receive money to slow down its inevitable decline - exactly the same goes for Irish language and other Irish culture.

You pretend that no one has any problem with my culture or identity. If a loyalist band, behaving impeccably, paraded down the Falls Road playing hymns, there would be mayhem from the locals, so don't try and pretend you do not despise my culture. You are now stuck with picking things out of last century to have a dig at it. Will you still be doing this next century?

I believe the island being divided is rediculous yes. Scotland is different as U.K. give campaigned vigorously to keep it. Why? Scotland is seen by tories and labour as intrinsic part of the U.K. and it leaving would dissolve the union. Northern Ireland isn’t seen as such. It will be easily discarded without any efforts by the U.K. govt to keep it. You know that as well as I do.

Absolutely I know that. I would imagine most people on the mainland are apathetic about whether Northern Ireland goes with stays. TBH I would say most English people are fairly apathetic about whether Scotland goes stays. My world won't change overnight Scotland leave the union. I love having them in it but if they decide by a majority to go then they would go with my blessing, just like a child leaving home.
    One interesting aspect if there was ever a border poll, is to see where people lie

Totally agree re the politicans.

If you were to ever visit the north, you'd find that 99% of conversations are about totally normal and not majorly focused on the past. Having lived both sides of the border there is very little in the day to day issues that affect most people. Obviously, as the conflict is fresher in the mins of those up north than it is in the south, it will have a stronger affect.

That's why a discussion is needed from every single stakeholder in this island. Debate can only be good, there doesn't need to be a pre-condition that a debate will lead to a border poll, but what's the point in not discussing something that can be viewed as on the table at the very least.

Fitz you still have not told me whether you would be up for a discussion on how stability can be created by both governments agreeing and declaring that Ireland will never be united and that instead support NI and it's existence and prosperity.

• Advertisement

Pure and utter waffle from start to finish. Again, trying to denigrate any strand of Irishness that people may take pride in, once again having a little cosy up to the unionists on this page. You say your impartial, but once again your whole post, like all your posts, is aimed at denigrating those of an Irish persuasion. Where's your long winded posts putting down those of an orange persuasion? Oh ye, if you do that your not progressive right?

We could treat the poor just as bad as the Brits? More whataboutery by putting down your own in favour of whitewashing over anything Britain may have done. Why do you feel so strongly that you think you must take this position over and over again? Because you hate Sinn Fein or some other warped logic?

Is their something wrong with Gaels in the north calling themselves Gaels? It's easy to pontificate about this being some sort of archaic nationalism, when you've personally never had to fight for your right to be Irish. Maybe it's not a demonstration of how Irish they are, maybe they just don't take it for granted, and take pride in being Irish? But I guess you'd know nothing about that. Some have it cosy down south, easy to preach from the sidelines. Maybe you should try looking at things for once from the point of view of the Irish in the north, instead of bending over backwards to seem accommodating to unionism to get a pat on the back and to be told what a great progressive fella you are!
    oh dear, your argument backfires about their. Your analysis would suggest that if a million Unionists are chucked into an all Ireland they will become far more Unionist

I don’t know where you went to school or when but I was never taught about island unification in school. We were obviously in my times advised on articles 2 & 3 but by the way you are going on you would think there was a government directed programme to brainwash the citizens to fight for a United Ireland.

British history in Ireland is in a lot of ways shameful as is most of colonial history. It’s based on superiority. The same thought process continued in South Africa and in the north where unionism still can’t consider nationalists their equals in certain quarters.

And Gerry says the Unionists don't have a culture and identity lol

I have already said I have no time for people crowing about religion and denigrating others religion as a consequence. Mostly that is done by the Orange persuasion. But done by those clad in Green as well.
    Plus it is also hypocritical as most people are not regular mass goers if at all these days. But yet again, that is just the weirdness of NI, where majority non-practicing off-shoots of Christianity use it as a 'nice wee badge' when it suits.

It is not whataboutery merely history:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g58oMILlOjwJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/800-years-of-myths-1.1125328+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

As for SF I have equal contempt for them as I do of the DUP both are shítehawks.
    Is their something wrong with Gaels in the north calling themselves Gaels? It's easy to pontificate about this being some sort of archaic nationalism, when you've personally never had to fight for your right to be Irish. Maybe it's not a demonstration of how Irish they are, maybe they just don't take it for granted, and take pride in being Irish? But I guess you'd know nothing about that. Some have it cosy down south, easy to preach from the sidelines.

It is a hypocritical demonstration of Irishness as I have already said. As most Republicans in NI have more in common with Britain (aside from politics) than any sense of Irishness. It always seems like adults playing out a Christmas panto with dressing up flags and so on, to me.
    Maybe you should try looking at things for once from the point of view of the Irish in the north, instead of bending over backwards to seem accommodating to unionism to get a pat on the back and to be told what a great progressive fella you are!

You will find it is the ROI who has to do the bending over backwards to accommodate NI. Look at the amount of times a blind eye is given to Republicanism for the sake of peace.

oh dear, your argument backfires about their. Your analysis would suggest that if a million Unionists are chucked into an all Ireland they will become far more Unionist

The Irish were treated as second class citizens, and denied Irish citizenship. Left behind by the south and British culture lorded over them, denigrating any aspect of their Irishness.

Will there be some equivalence of the above that unionists will face in a united Ireland? Backfired indeed! Your own comprehension is the only thing that backfires around here

And Gerry says the Unionists don't have a culture and identity lol

You will find that most Irish Republicans today will say 'we are all the same people' aka Irish so it should be a UI. Same mindset. Not just Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

They can keep the North. We cant afford to support the south as it is.
    Be realistic.

I have already said I have no time for people crowing about religion and denigrating others religion as a consequence. Mostly that is done by the Orange persuasion. But done by those clad in Green as well.
    Plus it is also hypocritical as most people are not regular mass goers if at all these days. But yet again, that is just the weirdness of NI, where majority non-practicing off-shoots of Christianity use it as a 'nice wee badge' when it suits.

Who's talking about religion? When pulled you say you have equal contempt for "both sides", so quote me one post where you criticised the unionists side and the unionist side alone, without trying to bring it back to the nationalist side. Because your posting history doesn't align with this view that your criticise both sides equally, infact the opposite. You harp on about and belittle one side, and one side alone, ad nauseum
    It is not whataboutery merely history:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g58oMILlOjwJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/800-years-of-myths-1.1125328+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

As for SF I have equal contempt for them as I do of the DUP both are shítehawks.

The point isn't who treated the poor better, the point is your sole focus is always to taking attention away from what Britian did, and bringing it back to castigating one's own country. Always the same narrative, like I said above.

SF and DUP are both sh!tehawks? Funny, I can't even remember a post from you criticising or even mentioning DUP, yet I'd say the vast majority of your posting history is running down SF. Impartial indeed!

It is a hypocritical demonstration of Irishness as I have already said. As most Republicans in NI have more in common with Britain (aside from politics) than any sense of Irishness. It always seems like adults playing out a Christmas panto with dressing up flags and so on, to me.

They they have more in common culturally? How so? How do they have more in common with English people culturally, than their fellow Irish man? And you'd know this because you live there? Or your just talking absolute drivel again?
    You will find it is the ROI who has to do the bending over backwards to accommodate NI. Look at the amount of times a blind eye is given to Republicanism for the sake of peace.

How is Republicanism given a blind eye? If you think that, you really have your head buried in the sand.

You will find that most Irish Republicans today will say 'we are all the same people' aka Irish so it should be a UI. Same mindset. Not just Gerry.

Playing with your little unionist mate again, to sneer at Republicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

both governments agreeing and declaring that Ireland will never be united

Dream on. You're facing an Irish Sea border because both governments have the opposite aspiration. The very best you can hope for is to slow the pace of unification down by making the north indistinguishable from the south. I suggest you start embracing your Irishness and put the Union flags away. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Plus as for ignorance of history. I am well aware that Republicans were one of the main causes of partition as if they had more insightfulness it would not have happened.

You can't normalise it by continuing doing the same insane things for another 100 years.

Normalisation will come after reunification as there will be no room for the bigotry of unionism anymore.

Stop peddling your nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Fitz you still have not told me whether you would be up for a discussion on how stability can be created by both governments agreeing and declaring that Ireland will never be united and that instead support NI and it's existence and prosperity.

Doesn't this totally go against your point about self determination, Downcow?! The hypocrisy is hanging out again if this is an actual goal of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Ive read tru a god few post and replies here and the lack of willingness to even listen to someone elses view is pathethic. And this is only a microcosm of whats is happening daily along the border and the whole Island. people actually saying similiar things but are so entrenched in their own BS they can even see it.
    Nothing is happening with reunification. Both sides are immovable obstructions.
    move on and concentrate on your own lives and families.

Yes I did :)

Go back and check.

Yes I did :)

Go back and check.

DC doesn't go back and check. Needs everything handed to him. Classic Unionist really.

Telling people who they have more in common with and not allowing them to make that decision for themselves is a bit pathetic.

Telling people who they have more in common with and not allowing them to make that decision for themselves is a bit pathetic.

What's more pathetic is how GDG keeps it up and has been for months despite all of us to a man telling him this.

nonsense Francie. Firstly the international agreement was to stop people killing each other here, and in reality that means stopping the IRA killing, because most of the rest of the killings were in reaction to their sectarianism.
    There'd have been no conflict/war had you guys not created a poisionous bigoted sectarian state. End of.
    The Anglo Irish Agreement (when even the British got sick of belligerent Unionism) was the end of your veto and the begining of the end of the sectarian sate and by consequence the conflict/war
    Of course the OO is dying out. Every archaic organisation from the churches to the AOH, the Masonic to the gentlemens clubs are all dying out. TBH the OO is bucking the trend by dying out very very slowly. The loyalist band scene has never been stronger and is growing and very attractive to young people.
    This is what I have argued all along is that cultures should be allowed to evolve. This is why money should not be pumped into what the great at the good or the gatekeepers decide what should be our culture. The loyalist band's should rise or fall on the interest and energy of those wanting to be involved in the should not be propped up with money from government, nor should the OO receive money to slow down its inevitable decline - exactly the same goes for Irish language and other Irish culture.

You pretend that no one has any problem with my culture or identity. If a loyalist band, behaving impeccably, paraded down the Falls Road playing hymns, there would be mayhem from the locals, so don't try and pretend you do not despise my culture. You are now stuck with picking things out of last century to have a dig at it. Will you still be doing this next century?

The operative word there is 'loyalist'.

Last century? You are the very poster who reverts to it with you phalanx of imaginary friends and victims.
    I was referencing the toxic hate culture on show THIS year.

Who's talking about religion? When pulled you say you have equal contempt for "both sides", so quote me one post where you criticised the unionists side and the unionist side alone, without trying to bring it back to the nationalist side. Because your posting history doesn't align with this view that your criticise both sides equally, infact the opposite. You harp on about and belittle one side, and one side alone, ad nauseum

I suggest you read what I said about the AOH and the Orange Order.
    I have no time for those with blinkers on either side. You expect me to join the majority of this thread in lambasting the Unionists solely? I find this very telling.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114061218&postcount=2408
    St Patrick was a Welshman a Brit. Most famous 'honorary Irishman' after St Jack. Plus a crowd of mostly protestant English born players went to visit the Pope in Rome back in 1990! Again close cultural ties between both countries is shown here.

Personally I don't have much time for all that religion guff.It is just people looking for something to cling on to. Looking for a 'badge' and safety net of sorts.

If you look at it what is the rate of regular mass going in NI or the ROI? Most don't bother in the ROI anyway. I think the lack of real interest in religion these days is just another thing both Britain and the ROI have in common.

As for the Orange marches I don't think they are a good thing. If people don't like them ignore them. However, Catholics can hardly claim the moral high ground when it comes treatment of those from another religion.
    You only have to look up the ancient Order of Hibernians

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/make-way-for-the-molly-maguires-the-ancient-order-of-hibernians-and-the-irish-parliamentary-party-1902-14/

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:83jfzeTk9hkJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ancient-order-must-adapt-or-disappear-1.176810+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

or Ne Temere decree from the catholic church in 1907

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dekHulEiCpIJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/research-finds-protestant-obsession-with-ne-temere-1.120625+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

And of course the 'Baptism Barrier' in ROI schools which created hassle for second generation Irish kids who might not be of the Catholic faith. Only was removed in 2019!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/baptism-barrier-to-catholic-schools-to-go-next-year-1.3488198

I find anyone who crows about thier religion is always looking for trouble. It is yet another reason why I do not want all that crap brought into a UI if at all possible.
    But the reality is if Catholics and Protestants were real Christians (in truest sense) they would not use thier versions of Christianity as an excuse for a row.

TLDR: Ireland is full of hypocrisy over religion (Catholics and Protestants), people who rarely practice it yet some use it as badge. Plus Nordies are particular headbangers when it comes to religion. If thier is ever a UI or Ireland rejoins the commonwealth. I hope there is a separation of church and state as Ireland is now a more secular homogeneous society.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113874548&postcount=1763

Calling a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel. I think there is a pair of youse in it both Republicans and Unionists.

When NI matures politically and moves on to the next stage of real compromise and decency from both sides. Only then will there be movement forward.
    Personally I think the DUP and SF are just as bad as each other. Ironically the main thing they have in common is they know how to constantly wind each other up, getting constant digs in. Playing to the gallery. Heaven forbid that they try and look for common ground!

I find it gas that for any change to really happen the moderates with a bit of cop on will have to take charge. All the school playground antics (literally and metaphorically) means thing may never change. It is always high on negative symbolism for one side and low on consensus on the other.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113876671

Calling a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel. I think there is a pair of youse in it both Republicans and Unionists.

When NI matures politically and moves on to the next stage of real compromise and decency from both sides. Only then will there be movement forward.
    Personally I think the DUP and SF are just as bad as each other. Ironically the main thing they have in common is they know how to constantly wind each other up, getting constant digs in. Playing to the gallery. Heaven forbid that they try and look for common ground!

I find it gas that for any change to really happen the moderates with a bit of cop on will have to take charge. All the school playground antics (literally and metaphorically) means thing may never change. It is always high on negative symbolism for one side and low on consensus on the other.

I also criticised the DUP and SF for making a political football out of the Irish language. A cynical ploy by both. It is is all there on the record in this thread.

The point isn't who treated the poor better, the point is your sole focus is always to taking attention away from what Britain did, and bringing it back to castigating one's own country. Always the same narrative, like I said above.

As shown above I draw attention to eejitry and codology from both sides

I am afraid you are only seeing what you wish to see. I get it I am the bogeyman as far as you are concerned
    SF and DUP are both sh!tehawks? Funny, I can't even remember a post from you criticising or even mentioning DUP, yet I'd say the vast majority of your posting history is running down SF. Impartial indeed!

See above for reference.

They they have more in common culturally? How so? How do they have more in common with English people culturally, than their fellow Irish man? And you'd know this because you live there? Or your just talking absolute drivel again?

See music, entertainment, tv, sport, language and system of jurisprudence - common law.

0HB0Aly.png
    How is Republicanism given a blind eye? If you think that, you really have your head buried in the sand.

SF allowed to avoid hard questions and are permitted to enter DE and Stormont even though they are not a 'normal' political party (as Francie Brady said).

The Irish were treated as second class citizens, and denied Irish citizenship. Left behind by the south and British culture lorded over them, denigrating any aspect of their Irishness.

Will there be some equivalence of the above that unionists will face in a united Ireland? Backfired indeed! Your own comprehension is the only thing that backfires around here

You do not want me to start posting again evidence for what Protestants suffered in the Republic of Ireland.
    Really the greatest evidence of all is that the Protestant population dropped from 10% to 3%. And a fair proportion of those 3% that remained were wealthy influencers

• Advertisement

Dream on. You're facing an Irish Sea border because both governments have the opposite aspiration. The very best you can hope for is to slow the pace of unification down by making the north indistinguishable from the south. I suggest you start embracing your Irishness and put the Union flags away. Good man.

I am not suggesting this for one moment, I am using it for fitz who thinks we should all sit down and talk about a united Ireland

Advertisement