Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to return covid payment

• 29-05-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi, I returned to work 4 weeks ago and cancel it online , they stopped the pandemic payment, but this week i got this payment again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

bliger wrote: »
    Hi, I returned to work 4 weeks ago and cancel it online , they stopped the pandemic payment, but this week i got this payment again.

Could it be one off back payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm trying to cancel my payment online but can't make head or tails of their website. Any idea of the section you logged into to cancel the payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'm trying to cancel my payment online but can't make head or tails of their website. Any idea of the section you logged into to cancel the payment?

My Govid, on the home page under Covid-19 there should be a tab for cancel payment. You fill out a form there and that should be it.

In saying that I cancelled last Monday when I went back to work and received a payment today. I'll have to ring them tomorrow when I get a chance as I think it might be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭bliger

after you fill out the form on mywelfare you will not get any confirmation email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Strange I am the same. canceled four or five weeks ago and got payment today and last Tuesday. Sent email today to question it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

after you fill out the form on mywelfare you will not get any confirmation email

That’s a repayment form - I just want to sign off as I’m returning to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Hi all,

I got a letter in the post saying i owe a fair whack of covid payment when i was working. At the time i was off work but the company payed me the equavalent of i think 2 days worth but i cant remember the details.

I know at some point when i was going back to work I emailed them to say i was back and not to receive the payment but still received it, think i emailed them twice about it but for the life of me cant find the email and thinking it was another platform i sent on.

My question is, do anyone remember where they had to cancel their payments so i can go back to see what i sent them and also, does anyone remember what was the details about eligibility for being payed couple days a week and also claim the payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,000 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's been a while since there's been any mention of PUP.

You closed the PUP through mywelfare portal, obviously thats no longer an option. I presume the letter stated what options are open to you to repay the over payment.

There's very little advice can be offered here. Regardless of any emails you sent, if the department have discovered an over payment which they'll have crossed referenced with your taxable income, it will have to be repaid. They are quite flexible.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The rules at the time I believe were if you had ANY work income whatsoever you were not entitled to it.

Honestly no point playing dumb with revenue for what it’s worth. They’ll get their money back but like Denpo said - be nice and they’ll be flexible. If you ignore, your paychecks will take an ugly hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement