Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The USA

Options
  • 29-05-2020 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

What a KIP of a country it is. That's all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Wouldn't like to be a black man over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Bit big to dismiss as a kip, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

It was always a kip but it’s worse now with the orange imbecile (I’m not allowed to call him by his correct title of retard apparently :rolleyes:) in charge. Until he’s removed the US is nothing but a joke without a punchline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Funny how so many of 'Americas a kip' posts are from people who have never set foot in the US.

5555555555 wrote: »
    Funny how so many of 'Americas a kip' posts are from people who have never set foot in the US.

You don’t need to step in a dog **** to know it’s dog **** do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Been in it a few times. Its a strange place becoming even stranger. Social divisions are massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Been many times, lived in Canada. Disgusting country America is, no culture, so unfriendly, disgusting food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Blaze420 wrote: »
    You don’t need to step in a dog **** to know it’s dog **** do you?

You should take a trip over there. Walk around. Talk to people.

You should take a trip over there. Walk around. Talk to people.

I’ve been to NY on business, felt nothing for it or the people - its reputation is romanticised and unwarranted. Seeing the imbecile running it now I have no desire to go back, might be good for the overall country in the long run if they can shuffle Donald Dickhead off to a mental institution where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

"Kip" is an odd way to describe the most prosperous nation in the world. What's your reasoning?

• Advertisement

Lyan wrote: »
    "Kip" is an odd way to describe the most prosperous nation in the world. What's your reasoning?

Prosperous....lol. A nation where black people die with cops knees on their throat for no reason, high schoolers get to worry more about being shot to death in class than what’s in their lunch box, a minor hospital stay can bankrupt you and the biggest ****ing retard on the planet is the president....sounds like an absolute utopia alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What a KIP of a country it is. That's all.

You think that's a kip...you should go to Dublin !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's the most unequal oddball place on the face of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Guy who predicted collapse of Russia made a similar claim now for America 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Prosperity for the privileged. The social divide is terrifying and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

It's a country in complete turmoil. Especially if you are a negro. Seems hopeless on all fronts right now.

@Blaze420

Of course it's not a perfect utopia. Such a thing is impossible. But you can't deny it's prosperity despite whatever flaws might tick you off. It will continue to lead the world economically and technologically for some time yet. And I believe those two areas are the most important in reducing suffering in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Have you actually been there or lived there ?
    Or are you just being spoon fed opinions from the media ?

Blacks do make up a larger proportion of crime and even if you look in Ireland whenever some skanger is being arrested they're
    going to cry "Ah... you're breaking my arm etc...".
    But don't worry, Fianna Fail opened the floodgates of Africa in the Celtic Tiger years and we'll soon catch up.

I don't want to embark on an economic argument regarding the "prosperity for the privileged", but it's just untrue. It's an irrational opinion to be honest, one that has always come from resentment and lies from such resentment. The social divide is difficult with such a "melting pot" as the US is. But they have handled it well enough given the massive anti-segregation progress and crime reduction in the last few decades. Don't completely dismiss what the US is doing as wrong when you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Thread moved to Current Affairs. Reminder to read the charter before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's a great place to visit for a holiday, even though the price of booze over there is shocking these days. Wouldn't like to live there though. Strange auld country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Guy who predicted collapse of Russia made a similar claim now for America 2020

Nostradamus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Been there at least 20 times in many different cities, east and west coast, plus 3 months J1. Probably spent a year in total there. Never had any issues in all that time. Love the place, would be happy to live there.

Have you actually been there or lived there ?
    Or are you just being spoon fed opinions from the media ?

No spoonfeeding required. Don't even want to turn this into a race debate, fact is that far too many people have literally nothing in America.

Tell us again how great it is from your holiday destination or the city you went to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Currently living there.
    Wouldn't call it a kip any more than any other country on the planet. Good and bad elements to it.
    Has an awful lot going for it if you are on the right side of the line whether that is in terms of ethnicity, income, education status etc but very difficult if you are disenfranchised in any way with respect to these elements.

I agree with others who say that the current status has been exacerbated greatly by the current leader. The two party system is partly responsible for this as voters are very entrenched it seems and I think very few actually change their mind but an election can be determined based simply on who could be bothered more to vote.

Worst thing I could say about the country is that right now I couldn't say with confidence that he will lose in November. If he is returned in November it is infinitely worse than him having won in the first place as now people would select him 'knowing' just what he brings to the table. And if he continues as President, the next 4 years will be jawdropping in terms of just how low he will bring the respect for the office before he takes off.

@Blaze420

Of course it's not a perfect utopia. Such a thing is impossible. But you can't deny it's prosperity despite whatever flaws might tick you off. It will continue to lead the world economically and technologically for some time yet. And I believe those two areas are the most important in reducing suffering in the long term.

Economically? Nope - seems to deprive companies of freedom to operate where they wish because “merica”, like Trumptard recently whinging about drugs being manufactured here but he wants them back in the US cos “merica”.

Technologically - hell no. South Korea and China are light years ahead of US tech and what they can do. The US is nothing but a dream seen through rose tinted glasses denying the reality that the vision is nothing but a withered old corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m boycotting it till trump is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Far better place than uk China Russia etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Doesn't hold much interest for me. I doubt it's a ****hole though. All that flag waving and consumerism doesn't interest me. Also couldn't cope with the immigration getting there.

There is enough for me to see in Europe or Asia for a holiday.

Wouldn't call anywhere a ****hole unless I had been there. They have amazing national parks and scenery so somehow I doubt half a continent is a ****hole.

• Advertisement

Trump will shut down Twitter, disavow the WHO, lose 100k + plus to this pandemic, stifle legitimate voting in addition to all the other **** he did and will do.

Still, still he will most likely be re-elected or at least have millions upon millions vote for him. How is that right.

This is America.

Advertisement