Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 controller pair

• 29-05-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi my 13 year old got a new controller but he cannot pair it . I have reset it from factory setting and also the console , watched countless you tube videos and all to no avail.
    No helpline in Ireland ?
    Turn on PS4 , controller connected by hdmi cable which works ! Press ps button flashes blur then nothing ???
    Are my missing something ?
    Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

blingrhino wrote: »
    Hi my 13 year old got a new controller but he cannot pair it . I have reset it from factory setting and also the console , watched countless you tube videos and all to no avail.
    No helpline in Ireland ?
    Turn on PS4 , controller connected by hdmi cable which works ! Press ps button flashes blur then nothing ???
    Are my missing something ?
    Any help greatly appreciated

A common solution is to try a different USB cable, in case the original one has failed. You can also try to reset the PS4 controller by pressing the reset button on the back of the controller, behind the L2 button. If your controller still won't connect to your PS4, you might need to get support from Sony.

Or

On the PS4 controller, you wish to sync, hold down the PS button and the Share button simultaneously for 5 seconds. When the new controller appears in the list of Bluetooth device, select it with the other controller. The new controller will then be synced with your PS4.

Other than that unsure unless wrong controller was bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    A common solution is to try a different USB cable, in case the original one has failed. You can also try to reset the PS4 controller by pressing the reset button on the back of the controller, behind the L2 button. If your controller still won't connect to your PS4, you might need to get support from Sony.

Or

On the PS4 controller, you wish to sync, hold down the PS button and the Share button simultaneously for 5 seconds. When the new controller appears in the list of Bluetooth device, select it with the other controller. The new controller will then be synced with your PS4.

Other than that unsure unless wrong controller was bought.

Thanks much appreciated but have done all this and still can’t connect . Are all PS4 controllers not the same ? DualShock

Plug in the mirco cable to a usb plug and see if it charges. The light on the controller will be lit. As maybe the cable could be the issue.

If ps4 controller then okay as some try ps3 controller which wont work.

Is it an official controller?

Plug in the mirco cable to a usb plug and see if it charges. The light on the controller will be lit. As maybe the cable could be the issue.

Is it an official controller?[/quote

Yes bought from smyth’s yesterday.
    His old one still half works but buttons sticking that’s how I know his usb cable is working . Can I pair his new one off the old one ?
    I ps the button and shared at the same time but still nothing ,

Must be something simple ??

Is it an official controller?[/quote

Yes bought from smyth’s yesterday.
    His old one still half works but buttons sticking that’s how I know his usb cable is working . Can I pair his new one off the old one ?
    I ps the button and shared at the same time but still nothing ,

Must be something simple ??

Yes dual shocks are the same if playstation on the box. You can also buy some 3rd party ones for cheaper. You can pair with old cable.

With old cable should be just press the ps button. Ps button takes 5 to 10 seconds of holding.

Only other thing is try turning off wifi while syncing. If that doesn't help bring back and get a new one. The colour on the controller apparently tell the issue if white instead of blue.

Smyths should be able to check the controller and replace if broken.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/DualShock-4-Troubleshooting?language=en_US

• Advertisement

Yes dual shocks are the same if playstation on the box. You can also buy some 3rd party ones for cheaper. You can pair with old cable.

With old cable should be just press the ps button. Ps button takes 5 to 10 seconds of holding.

Only other thing is try turning off wifi while syncing. If that doesn't help bring back and get a new one. The colour on the controller apparently tell the issue if white instead of blue.

Smyths should be able to check the controller and replace if broken.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/DualShock-4-Troubleshooting?language=en_US

Thanks again!
    His old controller was red and still half works , the new is blue won’t work .
    Brought it back this morning and they give me another blue one and it won’t work either.
    Colour of it hardly makes a difference?

Colour of the light that has at the end of the controller should be blue or white depending on the problem. The outer colour doesn't matter.

Last resort would be plugging out playstation for 30 mins and try again. You may have already tried that.

Colour of the light that has at the end of the controller should be blue or white depending on the problem. The outer colour doesn't matter.

Last resort would be plugging out playstation for 30 mins and try again. You may have already tried that.

Controller flashes blue 4 times when you plug it in then nothing

Only thing I could find is that charge the controller and try again if 4 flashes as you tried everything else.

Never had that much of a problem with syncing. Sorry unless anyone else knows anything

Only thing I could find is that charge the controller and try again if 4 flashes as you tried everything else.

Never had that much of a problem with syncing. Sorry unless anyone else knows anything

Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement