Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Batteries for External Alarm Box LEDs?

Options
  • 29-05-2020 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

We've a full HKC alarm fitted but on the rear of the house theres just the box with the alternating LEDs, same on Garage.... even though garage is also alarmed with PIRs etc

Just went to change these batteries and was surprised to only find 2 X D Size Batteries in there.(LR20 1.5 VOLTS) Had thought they'd be something a bit more substantial powering these.

Just wondering how long could one expect to get out of 2 D Cell batteries and if there's an upgrade I could go for where I'd stick in something a bit better so I'm not permanently buying replacements and up a ladder every few months....

Photo is as below

https://ibb.co/dDVM9pV

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've used these in the past, takes a CR123A and lasts a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

We've a full HKC alarm fitted but on the rear of the house theres just the box with the alternating LEDs, same on Garage.... even though garage is also alarmed with PIRs etc

Just went to change these batteries and was surprised to only find 2 X D Size Batteries in there.(LR20 1.5 VOLTS) Had thought they'd be something a bit more substantial powering these.

Just wondering how long could one expect to get out of 2 D Cell batteries and if there's an upgrade I could go for where I'd stick in something a bit better so I'm not permanently buying replacements and up a ladder every few months....

Photo is as below

https://ibb.co/dDVM9pV

Thanks for the help!

You could install one of the HKC branded ones in that bell.
    Check out the suppliers list here for local wholesalers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for the replies folks - I can't seem to find an reference to whether the CR123A batteries in those will last any longer than the 2 D Cells powering my current setup....

Will replace the batteries I have (with the same type) and take note of how long I'm getting out of them this time.

Advertisement